Poll

Do you consider that you digest milk well?

I am allergic to milk, and I'm medium height.
I am allergic to milk, and I'm short.
I am allergic to milk, and I'm tall.
I am lactose intolerant, and I'm medium height.
Other (if you please do explain).
I always did, and I'm tall.
I always did, and I'm short.
I always did, and I'm medium height.
I did when I was growing up, and I'm tall.
I did when I was growing up, and I'm short.
I did when I was growing up, and I'm medium height.
I am lactose intolerant, and I'm tall.
I am lactose intolerant, and I'm short.

Author Topic: General Height of Members of Tribe and Tribe's Milk Consumption  (Read 13954 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
General Height of Members of Tribe and Tribe's Milk Consumption
« on: December 19, 2010, 03:29:43 am »
    I just came across this article:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajhb.20411/abstract

Do milk drinkers grow taller?  Inuit are not very tall, and they do not drink milk of other animals.  Pygmies, I've never heard of them drinking milk.  Maassai drink milk.  A number of very tall people I know drink lots of milk.  A number of people I know who were always sensitive to milk are short.  Seems like people who drank moderate amounts are average height.

Any reason you think milk affects anyone's height?  Does it render the molybdenum null so the bones can keep growing?  Anyone know scientific or nutritional reasons either way?

I don't know if it's good to be tall, or short or medium height, as long as you're healthy.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: General Height of Members of Tribe and Tribe's Milk Consumption
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 04:37:52 am »
Well, some people think that raw dairy fouls up one's growth hormones, either increasing or decreasing them in childhood, thus leading to changes in height.

The wording of the question in the poll seems odd re language;perhaps reword it?

My 2 elder half-brothers were 5ft 10 and 6 ft 1, coming from a 6ft 3 father and 5ft 7 mother. My brother is 6ft 3 and I am 6ft, coming from a 6ft 3 father and 5ft 10 mother. I therefore have a suspicion(since grandparents and other relatives  were all as tall or taller) that if I had never consumed raw dairy at all in my early life, that I would have actually been a few inches taller than I ended up being.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 06:14:24 am »
Well, some people think that raw dairy fouls up one's growth hormones, either increasing or decreasing them in childhood, thus leading to changes in height.

That could also explain why women nowadays have such big breasts. North Americans eat a lot of dairy and i'm pretty sure women here have the biggest breasts in the world. Well, that's debatable i guess.

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 08:11:30 am »
I drank a lot of milk when I was younger. I am 14 and 5' 6" which would be medium height. I have extremely large feet, so I expect to be tall. Rest of the people in my family are tall as well. Not sure how much milk they drank, though.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 11:32:34 am »
The wording of the question in the poll seems odd re language;perhaps reword it?

.... I therefore have a suspicion(since grandparents and other relatives  were all as tall or taller) that if I had never consumed raw dairy at all in my early life, that I would have actually been a few inches taller than I ended up being.

I added the word "you".  Thanks for spotting that.  

My siblings are bigger than me and taller.  Milk made me vomit when I was little so I stopped drinking it.  They all held it down well.  They ate more cheese than me, by far and ate more yogurt than me.  I couldn't eat pizza and dishes like that; because of the cheese absolutely.  That cheese never bothered them.  We did get cheese very rarely, but they ate milk chocolate bars too.  I only felt ok eating a very small piece of chocolate, I had never felt like eating a whole bar.  They spent part of their allowances on that, I didn't bother buying it for myself or eating any of it.  

I was shorter than my parents too.  Mom always ate butter and cream.  Dad drank tall glasses of milk once in a while.  I never saw the attraction in that.

When I started the primal diet in my forties, I grew taller than I ever was.  My diet in the early time of my RAF journey was mostly cultured cream, all raw of course and all grassfed, except one quart I got that was grainfed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:40:07 am by RawZi »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 03:05:23 pm »
That could also explain why women nowadays have such big breasts. North Americans eat a lot of dairy and i'm pretty sure women here have the biggest breasts in the world. Well, that's debatable i guess.
No its cause silicone ;D
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TheViking

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 01:46:44 pm »
   When I started the primal diet in my forties, I grew taller than I ever was.  My diet in the early time of my RAF journey was mostly cultured cream, all raw of course and all grassfed, except one quart I got that was grainfed.

Very interesting.

You grew taller in your forties?
How much are we talking here? It wasn't just caused by i.e. better posture?

I'm 26 years and 5' 10" medium height. I'm taller than my mom (will check height and update), same height as my 30 year old sister and lower than my father (5' 11") and 33 year old brother (6' 1"). I am the only one who has cut dairy our of my diet, and I started noticing problems with lactose intolerance as a kid (age 7?) and now have intolerance also to the whey and casein (thank you Mr Antibiotic). I didn't completely cut out dairy till age 19/20 though, because I was told it wasn't causing my issues). Never been a big milk drinker of any sort though, but did eat dairy containing foods and even ignorantly took whey protein shakes for about a year in the military before my whole system revolted.

I'm also turning out shorter than all my cousins, which is making me think I should genetically be taller if it wasn't for malnutrition/antibiotics in my youth..

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 12:49:45 am »
I'm 6ft 4 and seem to absolutely thrive on raw milk. It's THE food to add pure muscle size on your frame.

And yes I used to drink at least a liter of full fat (pasteurized) milk as a kid. Never had any problems with it.
A P E X   P R E D A T O R

Offline FoxWoman

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 02:28:54 am »

A large percentage of American women are obese (and I don't think that it's because of their "milk consumption"  ;) ), maybe this is why they have huge breasts? I remember travelling to Israel and I was actually shocked seing there a lot of really HUGE women with gigantic breasts and bad acne. What they mainly eat is tons of grains, sugar and vegetable oils.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 11:37:29 am »
A large percentage of American women are obese (and I don't think that it's because of their "milk consumption"  ;) ), maybe this is why they have huge breasts? I remember travelling to Israel and I was actually shocked seing there a lot of really HUGE women with gigantic breasts and bad acne. What they mainly eat is tons of grains, sugar and vegetable oils.

I think it is because Birth Control Pills and other hormonal contraceptives are popular.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 05:23:13 pm »

Israel? when did you travel there?
Did you find any good meat there please its important I'm in israel and cant find good quality meat only frozen organic ground beef...

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 10:16:56 pm »
... It wasn't just caused by i.e. better posture?

I'm 26 years and 5' 10" medium height. I'm taller than my mom (will check height and update), same height as my 30 year old sister and lower than my father (5' 11") and 33 year old brother (6' 1"). I am the only one who has cut dairy our of my diet, and I started noticing problems with lactose intolerance as a kid (age 7?) and now have intolerance also to the whey and casein (thank you Mr Antibiotic). I didn't completely cut out dairy till age 19/20 though, ..

No, I was a dancer and also I was very active most of my life I have always tended to have excellent posture, except for about a year after a I was accidentally poisoned a couple times as a child.

At age five I quit milk; because it made me vomit.  I completely cut out milk in my early teens.  On the very rare occasion I drank milk, I actually got bone fractures (easily) subsequently, whereas I never had bone breaks otherwise.  My son who I talk about here too very rarely drank milk after age three.  At one time mid childhood he drank (pasteurized) milk for a couple of months and within months got a bone break and some deformation in several other of his bones (he never got that while not eating pasteurized milk).  He drinks high fat raw grassfed milk now pretty well.

See these people: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmen#Genetic_studies, http://www.theartofafrica.co.za/serv/food.jsp, http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/thread.php?topic_id=1348746&tn=0 I understand they pretty much eat the way they have always eaten since the beginning of human DNA which includes no animal milk other than their own mothers'.  I find it hard to believe though that they didn't eat all raw in the beginning.  A friend who has close experience with them said they eat raw at the site of the kill, then bring the rest home and it is cooked to preserve it.  He said they're not particularly tall, and generally shorter than African-Americans.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:24:24 pm by RawZi »

Offline FoxWoman

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 04:36:54 am »
Israel? when did you travel there?
Did you find any good meat there please its important I'm in israel and cant find good quality meat only frozen organic ground beef...

I travelled there quite a long time ago, more than 10 years ago. At that time of my life, I was not really interested in healthy nutrition and was buying ordinary foods from supermarkets.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk