Author Topic: Going back raw, never wanted to leave  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Python

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Going back raw, never wanted to leave
« on: August 28, 2008, 12:24:06 am »
I didn't actually want to go back to cooked food but I was having problems with raw veganism and was trying to join the military to get out of my hometown so I began to eat normally in anticipation of what I'd have to do if I managed to enlist. Luckily for me, I now see, I was blessed with a symptomatic heart defect that kept me from joining so now I'm taking what I learned from raw veganism and a previous attempt at a raw omni diet to live my life to the fullest.

I plan to eat mostly raw fish, raw eggs(along with some eggshell), and raw greens and root vegetables. From my past failures, I found that raw dairy would make me unhealthy, that the hormones in dairy and meat(but not fish, for some reason) would affect my mind in uncomfortable ways, and that raw vegetables would leave me very calm and focused but without energy. I've yet to try organ meat but will probably avoid it for the hormonal reasons that I felt when eating raw meat previously.

I have a lot of problems with cooked food, namely that it causes me to gain weight, break out, causes me to tired quickly from exercise, and makes it difficult to think. I actually find it nearly impossible to read a book if I'm eating cooked foods unless I've fasted all day and only eat when I'm done reading. I've alternated between various diets in the past to compare and contrast all of my experiences and I'm definitely at the point where I am dedicating myself fully to a raw omni diet.
Growth hormones are groovy.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Going back raw, never wanted to leave
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 12:32:00 am »
Welcome Python!  :)
Congratulations on your recent decision, and we're here for you for any support you may need or questions you may need answered!

Offline Python

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 12:59:20 am »
Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to getting the support from the people here and the sense of community to drown out the voices of everyone around me who think I'm just doing this because I'm eccentric or to cause my family frustration.

Offline Python

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:50:17 am »
Actually, I was wondering if there was anyone here who had any recommendations about seafood. What types are the best to eat? Which ones should I avoid? Which ones are tastiest?

I gave the farmed tilapia in the freeze a try and it tasted like I was chewing on a fish tank. Maybe saltwater sea fishes would be better?

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:58:56 am »
I always am kind of surprised when I see people that recommend farm-raised fish. The things I've read about them are enough to make me stay away (sorry I can't be more specific), and the whole mercury scare in wild fish I'm not too sure about.

My favorite fish to eat raw is yellowfin tuna. Mahi mahi was good, but not as good. Salmon tasted okay, but I felt very very sick for about a week after I ate it, so I don't think I could ever eat it again.
Although, I haven't eaten seafood in quite some time... it's much too expensive for me to make a staple, plus I like red meat much more.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 06:52:17 am »
I eat(all-raw):- swordfish, sardines, wildcaught salmon(very rarely, as I usually can only get farmed salmon, which I won't touch), lobster, crab, mussels, giant tiger prawns, oysters, various types of shark occasionally. Don't like tuna.

The issues re mercury are groundless:-

http://fishscam.com/

Agree re farmed fish. However, in several cases, farmed shellfish is OK, nutrition-wise, as many are just kept in cages in the ocean, and filter the water for nutrients much like wildcaught shellfish do.

I would strongly suggest your eating lots of raw animal fats, as without such fats, you may encounter issues along the way.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Python

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 12:14:55 pm »
I'm not really concerned about the mercury content in fish. It's just that commercial fishing is not a sustainable practice and has decimated fish populations.

I actually just got home from an aquaculture class in college where they were talking about tilapia being able to survive terrible water and low quality feed so now I understand exactly why my tilapia fillet tasted like a dirty fish tank. I'll probably do some small-scale fish farming in the future for my own private enjoyment and figure out how to make a better tasting fish.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk