Author Topic: Colorado off-grid  (Read 2669 times)

Offline Snowflower

• Forager
    • View Profile
Colorado off-grid
« on: December 26, 2010, 07:47:37 am »
Hello, folks. I joined this forum today, after doing a search about raw food and leaky gut syndrome. I've been eating a raw vegan diet for about a month. My plan was to test each individual food for allergy reaction and then add back in foods that did not cause problems. My primary difficulty is pain, caused by inflammation. The very first food I tested was eggs - cooked. Two days later, I was back into massive pain. I assumed egg allergy until I discovered the relationship between leaky gut syndrome and protein. Then my daughter suggested that there might be a difference between cooked or raw protein. That started another direction in my search and led me to the idea of eating animal proteins raw instead of cooked.

I'm game to try anything that will help me. The pain in every joint is simply unbearable and no longer worth living through. I'm also morbidly obese and game to try anything that will help me lose weight without making my health worse.

I am also rabidly anti-allopathic medicine. The only place allopathic medicine belongs is in the emergency room treating accidents. There, they shine. But the only thing MD's do for disease is make the patient worse.

I live with my husband in wilderness, off-grid, in the mountains. I'm 62, have three grown children and ten grandchildren. I'm part of a small community that is working toward self-sufficiency. I have 30 goats. My son has four cows and a bunch of pigs. We also have chickens. We're working on creating a garden. It's a challenge at 8000ft. elevation.

I'm hopeful that I'll discover a way to maintain raw food and improve my health. I've tried raw vegan several times, but never lasted because I started craving meat so badly. Maybe this is my answer.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Colorado off-grid
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 08:02:43 am »
Well, there is now plentiful scientific data showing how cooked foods cause inflammation re the effect of heat-created toxins in cooked foods  like advanced glycation end products and also evidence to show that cooked foods are more allergenic than raw foods:-

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/general-discussion/cooked-foods-more-antigenic-than-raw/

That said, it is usually recommended for those above a certain age to take it a bit more slowly to switch to raw, as they have built up more decades on cooked foods than younger RVAFers - too sudden a switch might cause a nasty detox for such people, at least according to Aajonus.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! I am impressed by your survivalist-type lifestyle.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 06:34:34 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline deletemyaccount

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 08:15:36 am »
Hello, folks. I joined this forum today, after doing a search about raw food and leaky gut syndrome. I've been eating a raw vegan diet for about a month. My plan was to test each individual food for allergy reaction and then add back in foods that did not cause problems. My primary difficulty is pain, caused by inflammation. The very first food I tested was eggs - cooked. Two days later, I was back into massive pain. I assumed egg allergy until I discovered the relationship between leaky gut syndrome and protein. Then my daughter suggested that there might be a difference between cooked or raw protein. That started another direction in my search and led me to the idea of eating animal proteins raw instead of cooked.

I'm game to try anything that will help me. The pain in every joint is simply unbearable and no longer worth living through. I'm also morbidly obese and game to try anything that will help me lose weight without making my health worse.

I am also rabidly anti-allopathic medicine. The only place allopathic medicine belongs is in the emergency room treating accidents. There, they shine. But the only thing MD's do for disease is make the patient worse.

I live with my husband in wilderness, off-grid, in the mountains. I'm 62, have three grown children and ten grandchildren. I'm part of a small community that is working toward self-sufficiency. I have 30 goats. My son has four cows and a bunch of pigs. We also have chickens. We're working on creating a garden. It's a challenge at 8000ft. elevation.

I'm hopeful that I'll discover a way to maintain raw food and improve my health. I've tried raw vegan several times, but never lasted because I started craving meat so badly. Maybe this is my answer.

I'm pretty sure that eating a raw food diet consisting of animal products is going to help you solve your problems. Madam, I have recently posted a thread on the forum as I'm looking for a job on a farm in return for food and accomodation and I was wonering if you have need any assistance on your farm? I'm a 24 year old male pre-medicine college student who is a hard worker and I have been a personal trainer and a medic in the armed forces. I have also played ice hockey at the elite level for 15 years, therefore, I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty and working hard. Please let me know if you and your husband need any help on your farm as I'm willing to work extremely hard in return for the experience and for good quality animal foods. I'm certain that my knowledge regarding health, fitness, and nutrition can help you alleviate and perhaps resolve your health problems.
Thank you in advance

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 10:53:08 am »
This happened to my obese friend, he was in the hospital for 4 days and the hospital didn't know what was wrong with him.  I rescued him from this via this method:

Try eating some fresh apple juice / or boxed apple juice NOT from concentrate.
Try drinking 1 liter or more of the apple juice a day.
It should get your liver started.

Sip your apple juice, don't gulp it.

Then eat raw animal foods little by little.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk