Author Topic: Copper toxicity  (Read 12688 times)

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
Copper toxicity
« on: December 27, 2010, 01:05:28 am »
Hi guys. :)

I have been copper toxic for most of my life. This is because as a child, I believed that red meat was bad for you. I rarely ate high sources of zinc. I look back and recall that I tended to be more anxious than other people.

My phase with veganism made my copper toxicity worse, contributing to adrenal burnout. It didn't help that I ate soy and cacao powder regularly.

For those that have dealt with this problem, how long did it take before the symptoms of copper toxicity went away?

I am currently on a supplement regimen to help eliminate excess copper.

60-90mg zinc
1000mg molybdenum
1000mg N-acetyl-cysteine
1000mg L-Taurine
Sublingual B-complex
I also try to eat foods that help with glutathione and metallothionine production.

I take these to support thyroid or general health

Wakame sea vegetable
400-500mg Magnesium
3000 IU Vitamin D
Cod liver oil with 10000 IU Vitamin A and 2000 IU Vitamin D
Digestive enzymes

For those that have had this problem, can you share your supplement regimen? Thanks

All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Copper toxicity
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 01:12:46 am »
How would I know if I had a copper toxicity?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 01:24:22 am »
did you have blood test done? and stool and urine?  what did the doctor say?

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 01:38:54 am »
http://www.westonaprice.org/mentalemotional-health/1573-metals-and-the-mind.html

This article explains the problem very well.

I never officially got tested, but after I read this, I was like OMG...

It described me perfectly.

I ate no high zinc foods. Almost all plant food have a bad zinc copper ratio. I regularly ate cacao and soy which have very bad ratios.

I have had the elimination symptoms described.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 01:41:03 am »
i would do a test.  what if you do a test and it comes out negative, then what?

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 04:53:38 am »
Yeah I know I should. I thought about it in the beginning. It just seemed like a hassle, since I didn't know where to go in my area for such tests. Also, my family is on a tighter budget and I have no medical insurance. I didn't want to be a financial burden.

Offline Dima

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 11:32:37 am »
CHK, how did you come up with your supplement regimen?

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 11:56:27 am »
There is a book called Prescription for Nutritional Healing that helped with supplement recommendations. Also I researched online on what minerals help chelate copper out of the system, and what supplements help with metallothionine production which helps protect against copper toxicity.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 02:03:01 pm »
I've read that edible clay helps with removing excess minerals or mineral/heavy metal toxicity. Check out some edible clays through google.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 05:48:45 pm »
Actually, most RVAFers don't bother with supplements as they find them to be largely useless. Most just eat a rawpalaeodiet as the foods are so rich in absorbable nutrients that deficiencies get sorted out within months or less. Only exception is that some people who consume raw dairy have to be careful as too much calcium in the diet may lead to blocking of the uptake of magnesium, possibly resulting in magnesium-deficiency.

When I started investigating diets all those years ago, I became fixated on supplements, and I got a placebo-like effect that AV describes, where I would feel temporarily slightly better once I took them, but, in the long-term, I came to realise that they weren't actually solving the health-problems I had.

My supplement-phase became ridiculous; I would be consuming as much as 30 or 40 different pills 3 times a day. The cost was astronomical and led nowhere. When I switched to a RVAF diet, I quickly found that my various pills caused me some stomach-upsets as my body switched to digesting RVAF foods. So I was happy to give them up.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 05:27:45 am »
I think most of us go overboard when dealing with unexplained health issues. I suggest having a hair analysis done, It usually cost less than 100 dollars and will test for toxicities and deficiency's of all kinds. Sometimes its an imbalance of minerals that makes you vulnerable to the accumulation of toxic metals , and once you begin to correct those imbalance you should detox naturally and without need of supplements.

I was toxic in aluminum,cadmium and was low in copper, zinc,and virtually all the trace minerals I need to test again to see how well this diet has worked
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Bowen

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 06:09:19 pm »
Hi guys. :)

I have been copper toxic for most of my life. This is because as a child, I believed that red meat was bad for you. I rarely ate high sources of zinc. I look back and recall that I tended to be more anxious than other people.

My phase with veganism made my copper toxicity worse, contributing to adrenal burnout. It didn't help that I ate soy and cacao powder regularly.

For those that have dealt with this problem, how long did it take before the symptoms of copper toxicity went away?

I am currently on a supplement regimen to help eliminate excess copper.

60-90mg zinc
1000mg molybdenum
1000mg N-acetyl-cysteine
1000mg L-Taurine
Sublingual B-complex
I also try to eat foods that help with glutathione and metallothionine production.

I take these to support thyroid or general health

Wakame sea vegetable
400-500mg Magnesium
3000 IU Vitamin D
Cod liver oil with 10000 IU Vitamin A and 2000 IU Vitamin D
Digestive enzymes

For those that have had this problem, can you share your supplement regimen? Thanks

hi guys,,,
      I think that your supplement regimen to help eliminate excess copper is good.It shall takes you almost an year from now to get rid of this disease.Copper Toxicity is wider spread disease now a days.It is because of the widespread occurrence of copper in our food, our hot water pipes, along with the common nutritional deficiencies in Zinc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk