Author Topic: Salt & Water flush  (Read 14690 times)

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Salt & Water flush
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 03:12:54 am »
How long did it last? That's what I'm most concerned about, I don't want to do it and then have it last so long that I miss something I wanted to do in the day.

Well, looking back at my post times, it looks like it took about an hour and fifteen minutes from when I finished the salt water until my last movement. I had no more after the post that you quoted. I felt so great after that.
That was just me, though. It might take someone else longer to get everything out.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 08:24:08 pm »
Not yet BCG07,

But Oh what fun! I'm about to mix up my water. I have Real Salt too. I hope this works for me as others  :o  it would be nice to have something to count on, that's dependable and does the job, when times are hard and things get rough...

Here we go!

Thanx a lot Nicola :)

Yippie Kai Yay!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:26:41 pm by avalon »

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 08:49:00 pm »
This water is extREMEly salty!! My goodness! It tastes like sea water. Am I sure I'm not poisoning myself?
I'm using RealSalt by the way... I saw it in the store the other day and decided to pick it up.
I'm almost finished

Exactly! Soup or sea water!

Okay, it's down. Are we crazy!!!! I poured the quart into two large glasses. That didn't seem like a lot until I started drinking it.

so how long do we wait now? Oh brother...

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 09:06:42 pm »
I did it again this morning, but not with the results like yesterday. Much lesser today. Hmm... ???
Hopefully that just means I didn't have as much to clean, as opposed to me doing something wrong!  :D

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 10:03:16 pm »
A River Runs Through Me ;D

Well, I think I'm done, I think. It's been about an hour now. After the first 10-15 minutes I had a pretty good go. It might have been better if I hadn't had a lot of wine on Friday. Wine always purges me also. After that I had a small go and a half hour or so later 2 showers heh heh- mostly water.

I am glad something happened though as I've heard with some people nothing happens.

And If anything, It was exciting to do something new, yes? Anticipation!

I don't feel quite right though, so maybe I'm not done yet.

BCG07, I don't know if I want to do it again tomorrow :( Maybe once a week?

Happy day everybody!

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 10:37:33 am »
Lex, so it does have an influence on the water/salt balance of the body? What are your thoughts about doing this every day?

I have been having about 6 days of dire eyer; raw meat and fat just kept on going threw me and it made me sick to eat. My father said it's the raw meat I am eating, I thought it may be because I never add salt and things did not get digested. This salt water is what I thought might help

I have no idea to what extent any salt is absorbed, but I'm guessing not a whole lot as fluid is being pulled from the tissues into the intestines in an effort to dilute the concentration of salt so most would be expelled.

Doing this every day for a few days shouldn't cause too much of a problem as long as you drink enough water to replenish what your body lost from this process or you run the risk of dehydration.  I certainly wouldn't do it for more than a week or so at a time.  I certainly wouldn't want my body to become dependent on this.

Even though I've done this several times in years past, I tend to agree with Andrew, forget the cleanse nonsense and eat paleo friendly foods, add salt to your meals when you feel for it, drink water when you are thirsty, and relax and get some sun exposure every day.  I now only do a flush like this every few years when my doctor schedules me for a colonoscopy - and then it is required as part of the procedure.

Remember, my days of looking for perfection are over.  I'm now interested in simplifying my life and concentrating on doing what actually works - not what some guru proclaims as the Holy Grail. 

Lex

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 07:01:48 pm »
Good Morning,

Lex, you may be right. It's easy to get caught up in something new, a detoxt or cleanse. What I learned most of all is that I can use this as a tool if I feel I haven't gone in a while and I should... without using man-made laxatives, which I honestly never do anyway- so I just wait and wait and push.

Does anyone think this might have an effect our flora and fauna? Might it make our mitochondria happy or sad?

Best wishes,
Avalon  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk