Author Topic: Salt & Water flush  (Read 14687 times)

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Salt & Water flush
« on: August 28, 2008, 08:38:30 pm »
I just did this; would you do it every day? It would be a good clean for the body and better than adding salt to food (salt is a more natural flush than fruit (sugar) fast for X days and it would help the body to digest things better).

http://www.healthtruthrevealed.com/full-page.php?page=article&&id=10590122108

Nicola

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Salt & Water flush
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 08:57:56 pm »
Think I just might try this.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 10:46:19 pm »
Hi Nicola,

I want to try this also. But, what bothered me was at the bottom of the page was Salt for sale. Hmmm time to Google this Hopkins Doctor Salt guy. I could use a good cleansing.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 11:03:28 pm »
Here's one where you drink 2 Quarts water using 1 tsp of Salt

http://www.lifeevents.org/salt-water-cleanse.htm

Edit: Count me in. I'll do this Saturday or Sunday morning. Using the 1 quart version. Thanx! I'll take pictures  ;D heh heh
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:30:38 pm by avalon »

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 12:39:07 am »
It would be good if a few have a go; that would give a better picture for me, you and the next person... salt has always been a big ??? for me.

Well I had a go and I did have water with "coffee" come out! After a while I went on my bicycle to get some suet; that movement was worth me having to "go" in the woods!

So let's have some other thoughts - Lex, didn't you do this once (I think you mentioned it before)?

Nicola

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 01:01:25 am »
For more information:

http://blackphasewolf.blogspot.com/

:o

Nicola

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 03:52:54 am »
That was a fun read. And if it works like everyone says, terrific since I've never been very regular. Though lately, the last week, I have  ???

I'll do this Sunday so I'll be sure to be home when the shit starts flying.  ;D What?

I'm excited about it.

Best wishes!

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 05:58:47 am »
My question is, after doing this "flush", would you still continue your normal salt consumption throughout the day, as apparently is just "passes right through you"? Or should you not eat as much salt?

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 07:46:45 am »
It would be good if a few have a go; that would give a better picture for me, you and the next person... salt has always been a big ??? for me.

Nicola,
I have been following your salt posts on many of the low/no carb forums. I am about as confused as you with this subject. For me I do best by simply adding salt to my drinking water. Adding salt to my food gives me nasty heart burn. For about a week I used cow's blood as a salt and I think that was the best for me, however that is not an easy thing to get  :-\ and I don't see myself getting any anytime soon.

The salt flush that you mention in this thread is amazing when combined with a water fast. I have been thinking about doing one soon, and I will add that to the fast. I don't think that your body uses the salt that is in the purge. I also think it is good to have a very empty stomach when doing it.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 09:46:25 am »
Hi Paleokyle,

have you ever tried using kelp powder in a salt shaker as a salt substitute??? Just thinking out loud  :)

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 10:13:34 am »
So let's have some other thoughts - Lex, didn't you do this once (I think you mentioned it before)?

Yes, I've done this several times over the years.  It works through osmotic pressure.  The idea is to have the fluid you drink, (the salt water) more concentrated than the natural fluids in your body.  This creates a condition where the salt water actually pulls fluid from your body in an effort to equalize the concentration of salt in the water you drank with the fluid in your body.  FLEET's Phosph-Soda enema works on the same principle but is a bit harsher.

The popular Lemonade/Maple Syrup Fast also recommends the Saltwater Cleanse as part of its protocol. 

Lex

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 11:03:32 am »
People on this board seem to be continually searching, myself included.
Sounds a little wrong, all these detox's/protocol's I've had enough already... I'm not convinced they work better than  I'm already doing (paleo lifestyle/diet)  I'm taking coconut oil to kill some baddies at the moment and feel terrible  I've ruined my day off  uurrgghh.

I'm going back to just paleoman living ...drink when thirsty, add salt when I crave it, no shoes no shirt in the sun , eating good, exercising hard  and relaxing 8)

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 06:20:09 pm »
Hi Paleokyle,

have you ever tried using kelp powder in a salt shaker as a salt substitute??? Just thinking out loud  :)

When I was raw vegan I did this, however I am really put off by the taste of seaweed combined with raw meat. I have no problem adding a little salt to my drinking water. If I can get blood I will mix it up with ground meat until it can't hold anymore....sort of like "unbleeding the animal"  ;D It seems paleo man would have gotten a lot more salt from their animals.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 06:34:09 pm »
Yes, I've done this several times over the years.  It works through osmotic pressure.  The idea is to have the fluid you drink, (the salt water) more concentrated than the natural fluids in your body.  This creates a condition where the salt water actually pulls fluid from your body in an effort to equalize the concentration of salt in the water you drank with the fluid in your body.  FLEET's Phosph-Soda enema works on the same principle but is a bit harsher.

The popular Lemonade/Maple Syrup Fast also recommends the Saltwater Cleanse as part of its protocol. 

Lex

Lex, so it does have an influence on the water/salt balance of the body? What are your thoughts about doing this every day?

I have been having about 6 days of dire eyer; raw meat and fat just kept on going threw me and it made me sick to eat. My father said it's the raw meat I am eating, I thought it may be because I never add salt and things did not get digested. This salt water is what I thought might help - my father told me to eat bread, milk and sugar!!!!

Nicola

This Dr. Batmanghelidj http://www.watercure.com/ believes that salt and water can heal many unbalances.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 07:59:52 pm »
I want to try this but I'm always afraid of trying a new cleanse. You never do know what might happen.

Offline akaikumo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 05:46:02 am »
I want to try this but I'm always afraid of trying a new cleanse. You never do know what might happen.

I agree. A feel like I desperately need a cleanse, but the thought of taking one on is a little daunting.  :P
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. - Anais Nin

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 06:53:24 pm »
I'm going to try this this morning... I'm going right now to buy the measuring devices. Will let ya'll know how it works!

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 07:41:30 pm »
This water is extREMEly salty!! My goodness! It tastes like sea water. Am I sure I'm not poisoning myself?
I'm using RealSalt by the way... I saw it in the store the other day and decided to pick it up.
I'm almost finished

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 08:42:04 pm »
It worked, by the way. Very well. I think I'm going to do it for a few more days as well.
Have you tried this yet, Avalon?

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 08:49:11 pm »
It worked, by the way. Very well. I think I'm going to do it for a few more days as well.
Have you tried this yet, Avalon?

Did you do 2tsp in 1 quart water?

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 08:58:45 pm »
Yes I did...

and Man oh man, I thought I was "done" last time I posted. Nosirree!
This is apparently a very powerful cleanse... I've never done anything like this before (I've never even taken a laxative in my whole life).
But I feel like I need it right now.

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 09:12:05 pm »
it really is a good cleanse. I like to do it when I fast, even if it is just one day.

Once I did 2 Tbs. in the mix  :-X .....it did not make it out the other end. About 5 min after I drank it I was throwing it up. Although I still felt refreshed after it, I do not think I will be doing that again.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 09:16:38 pm »
Yikes! It seems like that's actually a semi-common mistake, from some of the testimonials I've been reading.
I'm used to drinking a lot of water, so getting the water down was not bad at all. And the saltiness wasn't horrible... some people on websites I've been reading make it out to be the worst thing EVER! But it wasn't that bad.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 09:24:00 pm »
It's doing me good; I think many should just have a look "just how well" they digest things!!!

I asked Dr. Groves about this flush; he always told me to add salt to my food but I don't like salt with raw meat. I will post his answer when I get it.

My raw food illness has gone; perhaps I needed salt?

Nicola

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 01:49:42 am »
and Man oh man, I thought I was "done" last time I posted. Nosirree!
This is apparently a very powerful cleanse... I've never done anything like this before (I've never even taken a laxative in my whole life).

How long did it last? That's what I'm most concerned about, I don't want to do it and then have it last so long that I miss something I wanted to do in the day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk