Author Topic: Newbie Paleo  (Read 4287 times)

Offline starrytri

• Forager
    • View Profile
Newbie Paleo
« on: December 29, 2010, 09:41:20 pm »
Hey everyone!!! So I started my Paleo diet yesterday, after a nice long sleep I had my breakfast at 12.00pm which consisted of two whole raw eggs (organic of course) and 100g of Cashew nuts. About an hour later went weight training and did a leg workout which I felt really sick after and had a pounding headache all day. I reckon I just sped up the sugar withdrawal symptoms or something. Later that day I felt to sick to eat so I ate nothing and was just drinking water throughout the day. That night I decided to have a cup of green tea which didn't stay in my stomach to long and I got sick  -v I slept ok that night.

This morning I got up still having a slight headache and I seem to be coughing up small amounts of flem. I got the same breakfast into me again (2 raw eggs and 100g Cashews).

A question I have is: I left some raw meet out of the fridge last night which has gone brown, I take it that its still ok to eat, but should I eat my meat straight from the fridge or should I leave it out for a bit?

Anyway my symptoms so far are: Headaches, Slight stomach discomfort, Vomiting (just once), and some kinda mucus coming off my chest.

My diet before yesterday was shite I ate everything and anything, but I do alot of exercise as I am training for an quintuple ironman triathlon next year, I'd also like to know how changing my diet will effect my training, is it possible to do a paleo diet for an event that is so long?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Newbie Paleo
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 10:13:53 pm »
I'm afraid it's normal to have detoxes when one suddenly switches from an unhealthy cooked diet to a raw one. One has to get those poisons out some way.

It takes time for newbies to get used to the idea of eating raw meats that are not absolutely fresh - long-term rawpalaeos don't care, but you should for now just eat raw, very fresh meats and avoid the brown stuff.

Try raw grassfed meats, IMO. Raw eggs should not really be a palaeo major staple of the diet, and cashews are nuts(I think they are at least usually heated and may have antinutrients in them?).

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 10:59:47 pm »
is that the fastest time to get "detox" from just 2 eggs or what?

i think mixing raw eggs and cashews made you sick.  i got sick few times when mixing nuts with other food.  i would stay away from that combo again.

Offline starrytri

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 11:20:42 pm »
Just wondering why would the raw eggs not normally be in the RPD?
I just tought of it as it was a nice cheap breakfast.
So you reckon forget about the cashew nuts?

Any one got any nice food combos for breakfast?

And does anyone know if it is important to eat sequentially?

Offline starrytri

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 11:23:51 pm »
is that the fastest time to get "detox" from just 2 eggs or what?

i think mixing raw eggs and cashews made you sick.  i got sick few times when mixing nuts with other food.  i would stay away from that combo again.

I had the same today and I fell fine. I think it was the exercise yesterday that made me sick because it was so intense. It could be both I don't know for sure.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 11:30:32 pm »
100g of Cashew nuts.

Not raw paleo at all.
Not even paleo.

Stored nuts may have fungus growing on them.
You should put them in the toaster oven for 3 to 5 minutes to kill the fungus.
That makes the stored nuts safer to eat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 01:01:55 am »
Hello. :) I am transitioning too, and I have been having similar symptoms. My appetite has been weaker also. The worst seems to be winding down. Thankfully I have never vomited. :D

I wouldn't eat that many nuts since they are usually hard to digest. If you must eat them at least soak them in salt water to make them more digestible. It worked for me anyways when I ate nuts.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 03:36:50 am »
Even people who consider shelled heated nuts paleo, do not consider cashew nuts paleo.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk