Author Topic: my cat is missing  (Read 5762 times)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
my cat is missing
« on: August 29, 2008, 05:59:24 am »
Last time I saw him was yesterday (Wednesday) morning, and the food I left out for him this morning looks to be still all there. I keep thinking I hear him meowing but I tend to imagine that often. It's unusual for him to stay away this long, and the food thing is the biggest worrying piece of evidence. He doesn't have a collar so someone could have grabbed him for themselves, he could have been hit by a car somewhere, or attacked by something/someone. I looked all around the house anywhere I think he could trap himself, and walked around the neighborhood a little bit. If he's still gone into the weekend I'll probably put up missing cat flyers with a picture.

Satya

Re: my cat is missing
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 06:28:59 am »
That sucks!  You might want to try the shelter when you post up the flyers.  If someone did find a cat, maybe they turned him in.  Good luck, Kyle.  I have had kitties stay gone a couple days and come home, and then I have had kitties get taken by predators.  It's a lousy feeling, that.  I hope he comes home.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 07:34:52 am »
I don't think there's any predators big enough around here except for hawks. I've seen only one of those before. He means a lot to me, I think I'm much closer to him than most people are to pets.

xylothrill

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 11:17:58 am »
Best of luck Kyle. I hope you find him soon. I wish there were something I could do.

Craig

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 10:50:29 pm »
Although I'm upset about the situation I did find humour in it yesterday when my cousin and I realized what we needed was a pet detective a la "Ace Venture: Pet Detective."

Maybe I could borrow someone's blood hounds and have them sniff down his last whereabouts? I've got plenty of his stuff around.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 02:03:34 am »
All humour aside there is a such thing as pet detectives and I found one in my area. We'll get to the bottom of this!

xylothrill

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 02:14:07 am »
You really do love your cat! You're the first person I've heard of to actually hire a pet detective. I hope he's found alive and well.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 04:59:52 am »
He's way more than a pet to me. I went through a lot to have him. He was intended as a birthday gift to my girlfriend three years ago (in a few months) but her parents said no. It just so happened I was leaving for an almost month long stay at my Aunt's place in California the NEXT DAY so I pleaded with my parents to let me keep him, they said no. My mom tried to tell me she would try something but from what I heard she took him back to the shelter the next day. So I called some friends from the train (I took a train to California from Philadelphia PA and I don't recommend it without one of those cars with a bed) and got a couple of friends to go into my house, take two of my guitars on the premise they were borrowing them, pawn them, get the cat from the shelter and give it to another friend who would then be given the money to take car of it until I could figure something out. Well my parents didn't budge so I shuffled him around to a few friends and finally brought him back home, much to my parents surprise it was the SAME CAT they kicked out almost two years prior. My girlfriends parents said she could have him now, but then balked. And finally at that point he was at our house for a couple of weeks and my father warmed up to him.

He's been on a raw meat diet ever since I've had him and he is in excellent condition. When I first met him in the shelter he was putting his paws through the bars to try and touch me. He is very handsome, but as a youngster had a messed up tail that since grew back. No one else probably wanted a black cat with a forked tail, which is another reason I took him.

On top of all of that he is an amazing companion, almost a cross between a dog and cat. He can fetch these balls I got them, I through them and he runs, gets them in his mouth and brings them back to me. Sometimes he even drops them right into my hand. He can take short walks with me but at length usually wanders off. He kills animals but hasn't figured out to eat them yet.

He represents a lot to me. My love for my girlfriend and the crazy stuff she put me through and my father's kind heart (which sadly failed him this winter). I might not get him back but I'm certainly going to do everything I can to find him or what happened to him.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 06:25:08 am »
Wow... you really did a lot to get that cat! And it sounds like you have some great friends to do those things for you!

I really do hope you get your cat back.
My parents have four cats... one of them reminds me of yours a lot. We say that he thinks he is a dog, and he is able to fetch. He's a little guy and once had a messed up tail as well. My dad fell in love with him the same way you did yours, with the paws through bars.
Unfortunately, I'm very allergic to cats so I'm not able to love on them as much as I'd like to, and it makes going home quite unpleasant.

But yes, I sincerely wish you the best in finding your cat.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 09:01:23 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear this! I have a cat who was intended for someone else, but he stayed with me.  A couple of junkies were selling him on the streets of New York. I had a Yorkie at the time and the last thing I wanted was a cat. Who knew that he would prove to be my best friend. He's on raw also and if he goes missing in the house, I freak sometimes.

I hope you find him!

Best wishes,
Xeta

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 07:10:27 am »
I found him! Actually my uncle found him. He called the police to find out what happens to picked up animals, got a number for animal control and then found the shelter they take them. Sure enough he was there. I didn't want to call the police for some reason but should have taken the initiative, the flyering wasn't enough. I did call a couple of shelters and check online pictures but it makes so much more sense to find out where he would have been taken rather than randomly checking them.

Either way he's back and now I have to find out how to make sure animal control won't be called on him again.

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 07:28:37 am »
Awesome!

I'm glad you found your cat. I have three, and I get distraught if even one of them gets sick. I've lost cats before, and it sucks. I bet you're pretty happy at the moment!
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Satya

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 07:45:56 am »
Yeah, that's great.  Um, but how long did poor kitty rough it at the shelter?

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 07:55:48 am »
Wow, that is such great news!!!
It's been a while now since he went missing hasn't it?
Had you given up hope?

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 10:51:16 am »
I had just about given up hope and he was in the shelter for almost 3 weeks. He's already out again tonight so I walked around and took down the flyers I put up so that no one grabs him thinking they've found the lost cat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk