Author Topic: food amounts  (Read 4796 times)

Offline jamiekelly

• Forager
    • View Profile
food amounts
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:27:46 am »
i was wondering if anyone would like to share what a typical day of eating for them looks like. Just to get a general idea. This is all so new to me. Im just trying to figure out how much foood i should eat,amount of meat, ect.

thanks sooo much
jamie

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: food amounts
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:42:20 am »
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/off-topic/what-are-you-eating-right-now/

You need to experiment for yourself to see what makes you feel the best.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:57:03 am »
First ione should get used to eating raw meat. Then hunger will def. tell you how much.

Some here eat one meal a day. I liek to eat at night, if I eat shortly after I awaken I feel sluggish. I feel best being active then relaxing at night with a good sized meal.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 12:41:27 pm »
I found some 600 grams of raw animal stuff a day seems on average what I need lately.

I eat until full.

So no fixed amount.

The feeling of being full on raw meat is different from cooked meat.  It just tells me to stop eating.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 04:27:24 pm »
Eat as long as you're hungry, but try to avoid more than 2 meals a day to let you digestive system rest for about 15 hours daily.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline jamiekelly

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 08:10:04 am »
thank for the repys. Im gonna def just see what works for me. Its just so different for me. I have a very fast metabolism to begin with. Only been two days so far raw paleo, but am loving the calmness that is coming over me.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 08:23:11 am »
thank for the repys. Im gonna def just see what works for me. Its just so different for me. I have a very fast metabolism to begin with. Only been two days so far raw paleo, but am loving the calmness that is coming over me.

For people with fast metabolisms, eating high amounts of fat and protein and minimizing carb is beneficial. Carbohydrates can speed up your already too high metabolism which was something I suffered from.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 11:06:22 am »
Also my energy is very good and my skin is clearest when I keep carb to a maximun of 2-3 cups per day. Depends on the fruit, bananas are on the dense side in calories, watermelon is not. So you have to go with hunger.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 08:39:27 pm »
1 U.S. "legal" cup    =   240   millilitres

Finally I searched this 'cup'. I didn't realise it was a proper measurement, I guess it makes as much sense as 'foot'. I had thought it was a stupid measurement since cups can be all different sizes.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 01:04:19 am »
Eat as long as you're hungry, but try to avoid more than 2 meals a day to let you digestive system rest for about 15 hours daily.
Someone can eat even one meal a day, but when he/she combines a lot of different kinds of foods, animals products and plants, then the digestion would be very long, ergo the rest shorter.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline deletemyaccount

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 07:08:02 am »
i was wondering if anyone would like to share what a typical day of eating for them looks like. Just to get a general idea. This is all so new to me. Im just trying to figure out how much foood i should eat,amount of meat, ect.

thanks sooo much
jamie

My typical day usually looks like this:

Breakfast: 1 lb. raw wild-caught salmon or mackerel or 1 lb. raw grass-fed beef liver
Lunch: 1 lb. lamb chops or 1 lb. raw wild-caught salmon or mackerel+ 12 wild-caught oysters
Dinner: 5-10 eggs + Plantain/Banana or Berries or 1 lb. raw wild-caught salmon + root veggies or squashes or a tuber

I try to vary my meats but my staples are wild-caught salmon/mackerel, lamb, beef liver, eggs, chicken and lamb.

I don't snack but if I do it's usually chewing on something crunchy like bell peppers, celery or coconut meat ( I enjoy the oil and the creamy taste but I spit out the fibrous meat because its extremely bad for digestion and contains a lot of salicylates as well as phytic acid)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk