Author Topic: Honey In The Comb  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Honey In The Comb
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:42:59 pm »
I got some honey in the comb at a farmer's market, and as i chewed on it the wax formed a lumping material similar to gum, and this wax material actually lifted left over honey out of the crevices of my teeth. If anyone here eats honey, I recommend only eating from the comb.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Honey In The Comb
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:54:17 pm »
I used to eat raw liquid honey but got so many blood-sugar problems etc. that I cut it out from my diet and went in for raw honeycomb, instead, which was fine, if eaten in small amounts(and a lot tastier). Noaways, i rarely eat honeycomb any more, except dsuring certain summers(this year's so bad re climate for bees that my usual beekeeper is absent).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 12:24:56 am »
yeah, i eat it very occassionally, once a month at the most, i also did hear that local raw honey can help with allergies, i'lll never go back to jar raw honey, the comb is the way to go, but have you experinced the wax thing too?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 03:05:16 am »
I don't recall having exactly that same effect, but maybe it's happened.

Re honeycomb:- Heather honeycomb is one of the best types to get hold of.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk