Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2101 times)

Offline colsta

• Forager
    • View Profile
« on: January 13, 2011, 07:07:48 pm »
Just though i would say hello.. newbie here, was directed here by goodsamaritan, am looking into
this raw paleo diet..
Right I am looking at it because I suffer from psoriasis and truly believe it is diet caused, or because of bad unhealthy diet.
I did think that i ate fairly healthy but clearly not well enough.
I do not know how i am going to begin this journey but know i need to, and i do not know much about this diet so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Right now i eat a normal diet, I do cook everything i eat from scratch as i do like cooking,I also do not eat diary of gluten because i heard it was not good for psoriasis.
I do generally do my shopping at the supermarket, in Tesco here in the UK, is it possible to do this diet shopping from there.
Also it worries me how expensive it is, I don't mind spending the money just worried that it would be too expensive for me to afford.
Sorry this post is a bit all over the p[lace not sure where to start so any way hello every one and now its time for me to do some
investigating.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 11:36:40 pm »
Read the threads in this section:-

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

The basic idea is to avoid supermarkets like the plague. Tesco's is one of the worst in terms of quality.  The only exception I can think of is organic fruit from a better supermarket like Waitrose, and I did come across some raw eggs of unusually higher quality than usual in Sainsbury's in recent times(some of their farmer-suppliers had gone to the trouble of providing woodland  and other benefits to their chickens thus improving the taste and nutrient levels of their raw eggs).

I am always surprised that newbies consider this diet expensive. I mean if one follows it strictly, then one is avoiding the cost of cigarettes, drugs and alcohol. Plus, one is not spending money on sweets, chocolates, and not wasting electricity or  time on cooking. Oh, and since raw foods have higher nutrient levels in them than cooked foods, you don't need to eat as much each day, either.

Anyway, read the various threads in that link I provided. In 1 or more of those threads are mentioned ways to cut down heavily on the cost of foods without reducing the quality of the foods in any way.

*thread moved to the welcome committee forum*

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk