Author Topic: CHK1991's Journal  (Read 11685 times)

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
CHK1991's Journal
« on: January 16, 2011, 02:03:24 pm »
I have been on the raw paleo diet for 3 weeks now. I want to keep track of any changes I notice, so I made this thread.

Current Diet

Animal foods: All possible organs/fats/muscle, egg yolk
Vegetable: Fermented cabbage (Will probably juice low carb vegetables in the future)
Fruit: Avocado
No nuts/dairy

Supplements (Many of these help with asperger's syndrome)

Betaine HCL with pepsin - 3 X 650mg every meal
Digestive enzymes - 1 pill every meal
Acidophilus - 2 billion organisms
Ionic zinc liquid - 50mg with 2mg copper (For pyroluria/proper zinc/copper balance)
Ionic magnesium liquid - 400mg
Pyridoxal 5 phosphate (For perpetual vitamin b6 deficiency/pyroluria) - 50mg (I have dream memory again!)
Molybdenum (copper toxicity and reduction of effects of acetylaldehyde from yeast) - 500mcg
N-acetyl-cysteine (for more glutathionine and metallothionine) -1000mg
Vitamin C (increase effectiveness of NAC) - 2000mg
Cod liver oil (Poor Delta-6-Desaturase function) - 1tsp
Borage oil (Poor Delta-6-Desaturase function) - yielding 300mg GLA
Vitamin D 5000IU

Week 1: I introduced foods one by one. I started with ground beef then proceeded with muscles and organs. I found myself hungry all the time because I wasn't yet enjoying what I was eating, and also because I did not have a reliable source of fat. Intense eczema flared in the middle of the week; it subsided after 3 days.

Week 2: The taste of raw animal foods became enjoyable. I generally felt good this week. Dairy was eliminated this week as a precautionary measure. My appetite was still not very strong but I did not feel hungry.

Week 3: My appetite increased and eventually my digestive system was not able to handle the protein load. I had stomach pains from indigestion and lost about 3 pounds from not eating enough. The digestive enzymes and the acidophilus pill I was taking was not enough, so I started using betaine HCL which helped A LOT. I take 3 650mg caps with meals and feel great. I had weak eczema that slowly started to increase in strength. I eliminated egg whites and it has stopped flaring.

I have learned that biotin is important for the proper function of Delta 6 Desaturase. Deficiency can be caused by intestinal dysbiosis which I have. I am awaiting my biotin supplement and will see how I respond to it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:17:44 pm by CHK91 »
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline RomanK

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: CHK1991's Journal
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 08:21:46 am »
Great! Keep posting, yr approach is right: introduce one by one and see reaction!

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 11:01:55 am »
I knew it wasn't raw, but I wanted to see if bone broth could be possible source of easily absorbed minerals for me. I haven't had it before in my RPD period. I started to get a mild headache after drinking a little, so I stopped. I won't do that again for sure.

My eyes used to be very sensitive to sunlight. I had a walk around solar noon and did not feel any discomfort. Glad to know some nutritional deficiencies are being resolved.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 12:30:22 pm »
Try to get to the point you substitute all your supplements with real food.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 12:53:48 pm »
I do try to get all my needs from food. Unfortunately, I need these now because of malabsorption issues.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 06:46:18 pm »
1964. I was 18 years old and my health state was an absolute catastrophe. No wonder: I fed mostly on pastry, chocolate, white bread, dairy, supplements and the various medicine our family MD prescribed me - and I refused to eat meat! Then I read “The dance with the devil” of Günther Schwab. I could hardly believe what this guy wrote, as it was in complete opposition to the prevailing way of thinking at the time which assumed that technology and science would solve all the problems, mankind would dominate the world and be triumphant over nature.

But still the book was very well documented and the author seemed logical. So I decided to experiment his ideas to know whether he was a total fool or a clever unconventional thinker.

At once, I stopped to eat refined industrial food, especially white sugar, white flour, chemical drinks, coffee, all supplements (digestive enzymes, vitamins, minerals, micro-nutrients) and medication. I started to eat much more raw fruits and vegetables, whole foods and some meat. The result was immediate: in one week I was fine. My former diet was simply causing acute deficiencies and by eating more natural food (in a Weston Price style) I just overcame those deficiencies. 

Günther Schwab on Wikipedia
Günther Schwab (October 7, 1904 in Prague - April 12, 2006 in Salzburg, Austria) was an Austrian writer and author. He founded the World Union for Protection of Life.

After the First World War his family, who were merchants, moved to Vienna, Austria, where Schwab discovered his love for nature. Through Prof. Dr. Guenther Schlesinger, an Austrian Nature Protection Referent, Guenther Schwab got more involved with nature protection. He studied in those years, as expected of the family, at the commercial academy, but due to his love for nature he soon became a forest ranger. His first book Abenteuer am Fluss (adventures at the river) was proof of his love. And so were all his following books Der Wind ueber den Feldern (The wind across the fields), Kamerad mit dem haarigen Gesicht (A story about a dog), Land voller Grande (Land of grace), Das Glueck am Rand (Fortune at the edge).

1951 he gave up his profession, moved to Salzburg and dedicated his life to writing. He realised that the new upcoming 1950s affluent society threatens to destroy all that he loves: The countryside with all its inhabitants, the solitude of the wilderness, the wildlife as he knew it up to then. Guenther Schwab proved to be almost clairvoyant when, at the age of 50, he held a lecture with the title "The catastrophe has started already". This was at the Audi Max in Vienna in 1954. To put his fears more plain and understandably for the man in the street, Guenther Schwab wrote his book Der Tanz mit dem Teufel (The dance with the devil). It reads like a subtle, interesting detective story, which he finished in 1958. His hope was to awaken the people. Strangely enough, although that book was on the market, there were some bookshops, which denied the existence of this book. The book was translated into other languages; the English version was published in 1963.

Guenther Schwab turned 100 years in 2004 when he received the Cup of Honour of the town Salzburg as well as the Austrian Cross of Honour First Class for Science and Art. The appreciation of a man with such dedication and love for nature. He died on 12 April 2006

Amazingly “The dance with the devil” is available on line, apparently on a religious website even if the book has nothing to do with religion. It just uses “the devil” words as a metaphor; the whole book reads like a kind fiction novel in the form of an interview with the devil in his premises.
Dance With The Devil, by Gunther Schwab – a must read.

By the way, isn't there any section here where we can put links to the relevant on-line books and documents?

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 07:18:33 pm »
By the way, isn't there any section here where we can put links to the relevant on-line books and documents?
Since Schwab seems to have been very much like Weston-Price in his teachings, your best option would be to make a permanent "sticky" topic in the Weston-Price Diet forum on rawpaleoforum, in which you post any links to Schwab's documents, plus a short explanation of why you are including the links.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 01:00:20 pm »
Random updates:

Digestion: Now, I am eating two meals a day. One small one at around noon and a large one at night. My digestion works better this way. My stomach makes more acid now. I don't need as much HCL anymore. I take only 1 cap at noon and 3 at night. I still have minor digestive difficulty after dinner, since I eat about 1300+ calories in fat and protein, but it seems to be getting better.

Cramps: My muscles have been cramping, and I have been feeling "weird" the last couple of days. I realized that I haven't been eating sauerkraut in this period. I drank a salt solution today and experienced relief from the cramps and the headache. I guess I'll have 1/8tsp of salt daily. I don't have blood with me.

Skin: No skin breakouts since last post. Awesome.  ;D

Vision: Along with the diet and I have been sungazing while tanning when it is warm enough. I can't tell if I am still as myopic as before, but colors seem more vivid. It's weird.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
Have determined that I have issues with avocados
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 11:46:49 am »
After much experimentation day by day with my diet, I have noticed that avocados seem to interfere with my digestion. Looking back, I noticed that I had gastrointestinal irritation after eating them. I never suspected them to be a cause and kept looking for other foods that might be the problem. After a quick check online, I learned that avocados have persin which have detrimental effects several animals. One symptom is coincidentally gastrointestinal irritation. If mammals can be affected, then I don't see any reason why more sensitive humans couldn't be affected in the same way to a lesser degree. Bloody plant toxins get me every time. XP

At least carrots, lettuce cucumbers, sea vegetables have been nice to me... so far... :P I eat about 20 carbs worth now.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:32 pm »
Don't eat avocados then.
Thanks for sharing.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 12:16:56 pm »
that's something i really miss... avocado doesn't work for me either. 

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 04:55:28 am »
OH WOW! I just started eating some clay, and I can't believe how good this tastes.  ;D I can't wait to see what effect this will have on me.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 09:05:41 am »
Hmm.... Has anyone had any internal bleeding while taking calcium bentonite? I'm wondering if this is just coincidental. Calcium bentonite isn't abrasive. Right?  ???

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
Worst detox ever (felt like dying) or food borne illness?
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 12:31:43 am »
Last night I woke up with an intense fever, the intensest I've ever had. I had bad chills and my muscles were completely sore and shut down. My eyes were red and hurting and had a massive headache. I don't know what time this was. I was so delirious that I couldn't really make sense of anything. Before I slept, there was no indication that anything was wrong with me. Along with these symptoms I felt pressure under my lower right ribcage that seemed to relax as time went by. Can the release of gallbaldder toxins cause these symptoms? I also had tinnitus which occurred when I've done flushes before. I wasn't doing a flush. It just happened. I've been taking herbals for for bile flow. I guess the pressure could have built up and just released all at once. I took a ton of bentonite clay which helped somewhat.

Or does this sound like food poisoning? I wasn't vomiting but had diarrhea and bile flow is also known to increase bowel movements.

The symptoms were so intense that I was so close to calling someone to take me to the hospital. I don't remember feeling this sick ever.

Even now I feel very exhausted. The fever has lowered but the headache and muscle soreness/weakness has been intense. I could barely walk properly to get water.

Any feedback would be appreciated or temporary relief remedies would be welcome. I was legitimately scared for my wellbeing. It was that bad. :(

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 04:59:41 pm »
Hmm.... Has anyone had any internal bleeding while taking calcium bentonite? I'm wondering if this is just coincidental. Calcium bentonite isn't abrasive. Right?  ???

You were eating the clay and started internal bleeding?  How did that ever resolve?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Worst detox ever (felt like dying) or food borne illness?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 08:17:58 pm »
Last night I woke up with an intense fever, the intensest I've ever had. I had bad chills and my muscles were completely sore and shut down. My eyes were red and hurting and had a massive headache. I don't know what time this was. I was so delirious that I couldn't really make sense of anything. Before I slept, there was no indication that anything was wrong with me. Along with these symptoms I felt pressure under my lower right ribcage that seemed to relax as time went by. Can the release of gallbaldder toxins cause these symptoms? I also had tinnitus which occurred when I've done flushes before. I wasn't doing a flush. It just happened. I've been taking herbals for for bile flow. I guess the pressure could have built up and just released all at once. I took a ton of bentonite clay which helped somewhat.

Or does this sound like food poisoning? I wasn't vomiting but had diarrhea and bile flow is also known to increase bowel movements.

The symptoms were so intense that I was so close to calling someone to take me to the hospital. I don't remember feeling this sick ever.

Even now I feel very exhausted. The fever has lowered but the headache and muscle soreness/weakness has been intense. I could barely walk properly to get water.

Any feedback would be appreciated or temporary relief remedies would be welcome. I was legitimately scared for my wellbeing. It was that bad. :(

I would suspect the continuous use the "herbals" first.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 09:05:18 pm »
I would suspect the continuous use the "herbals" first.

yep and everyone has tinnitus it's just your focusing on your body too much.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 12:55:40 am »
    You were eating the clay and started internal bleeding?  How did that ever resolve?

Oh that stopped a long time ago.

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 03:58:02 am »
Hey CHK91,

I had pretty similar symptoms actually.  I don't know what caused it, but I have a few theories.  If you want to check out my journal I go into pretty good detail on the matter.  I got sushi the day before and drank some sake at the restaurant.  Then I cleaned my house (a lot of dust).  Then I was drinking spring water from questionable sources.  Then I was violently ill with fever and other symptoms you describe.

Anything in common with what you did?
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 07:16:47 am »
Hey CHK91,

I had pretty similar symptoms actually.  I don't know what caused it, but I have a few theories.  If you want to check out my journal I go into pretty good detail on the matter.  I got sushi the day before and drank some sake at the restaurant.  Then I cleaned my house (a lot of dust).  Then I was drinking spring water from questionable sources.  Then I was violently ill with fever and other symptoms you describe.

Anything in common with what you did?

No, nothing in common with what I had done before. Some of the symptoms are similar. I was constantly tired but I couldn't get any decent quality sleep since my fever became more severe with the blankets, but I needed the blankets because at the same time I felt so cold. It was miserable. I lost 10 pounds the last 3 days. I could not eat during this period. Luckily I had some lemons around. I was so dehydrated from diarrhea. For the first time in a long while I was craving fruit probably because of the hydrating minerals. Too bad I don't really keep any around. XP I'm starting to feel better finally but I'm still weak.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
Starving but can't really eat anything. :(
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 08:47:01 am »
I thought I was getting better but the affliction got worse again today as the day went on. I wasn't able to eat anything besides lemon juice the first two days. Yesterday, I ate about 1/2lb of salmon and 3 apricots which is barely 400 calories. I started to feel queasy so I stopped. Today, I was planning to eat normally, but I became nauseous after eating 6 egg yolks. The thought of eating raw red meat or heavy fat is really putting me off. Just looking at it in the fridge is really making me go EHHH. The only thing enjoyable right now is fruit and I'm wary of eating too much. I'm SOO HUNGRY and for some reason fish/seafood stew sounds very good right now.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 11:54:42 am »
did you stop taking all your herbals and supplements?

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 03:29:42 am »
Maybe try cranberry juice?  It could be a bladder infection that has gotten to your kidneys.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
Holy Crap, sardines are REALLY GOOD
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 07:54:42 am »
I think I'll be okay today. I'm eating raw sardines for the first time and WOW. They don't taste different from the cooked ones. Sardine is a very nostalgic food for me. I remember eating spicy sardine stew and anchovy was a staple when I was growing up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk