Author Topic: Farm Diaries  (Read 24456 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Farm Diaries
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 05:20:28 am »
THATS WHATSUP!!
sully you got mad touch for the ball and nice leaps

I have 1 question are you able to squat on 1 leg slowly down and up with perfect form?

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 06:42:00 am »
I don't practice basketball often at all, but it's fun to play.

Yeah I can squat up and down with my leg extended.
Maybe I will make a video for you.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 07:02:18 am »
made one quick, is this it? one leg squat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvn0Xj4Ee3E

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2011, 07:07:45 am »
Achilezzz what can you do regarding the 1-leg squat? I would do it 18 times no momentum with full relaxation at the bottom, but only on a stool or a beam etc, I didn't do it on the flat like Sully. I don't do it at all now though, I prefer to do only more natural exercises like running, climbing, carrying etc.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2011, 07:10:20 am »
Yeah, I think it's only a good demo thing. Not good as an actual exercise.

I try to keep my leg fully extended when I do it though. (and parallel to the floor)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2011, 07:17:02 am »
We did leg extensions all the time when i was younger in my kung fu class. With the squat, I like to kick, hold it, then go up and down while maintaining a straight leg.

leg extension
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4okklh4i38g

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2011, 09:28:45 am »
Did you initially have to stretch to be able to do that; do you still have to stretch regularly?

I don't stretch because it makes one less efficient at running and just generally isn't something I'm interested in. Of course it will allow you to do some things better, but being of the paleo mindset I prefer to go with what I've got naturally.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2011, 10:08:17 am »
I used to stretch a lot, and I could still run fast and long. Stretching is imortant but not to the extreme extent. I don't stretch like i used to, but i still stretch naturally after awaking like a cat. ALso after a strength workout where my muscle are pumping I feel like stretching that area which is pumping. And soem workouts stretch the muscles as you do the  movements.

SO stretching is important. Its for evryone to decide whats necessary and natural and what feels good. Obviously staying on a yoga mat and stretching and bending in unatural positions for hours is not good.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2011, 09:45:16 am »
one of my favorite lambs died

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jms9ljUeINY

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2011, 05:01:15 pm »
Achilezzz what can you do regarding the 1-leg squat? I would do it 18 times no momentum with full relaxation at the bottom, but only on a stool or a beam etc, I didn't do it on the flat like Sully. I don't do it at all now though, I prefer to do only more natural exercises like running, climbing, carrying etc.

I need to do this 1 leg squat I want to mater this exercise I have read a book about bodyweight training culture and it says that the 1 legged squat is the ultimtae exercise for the legs.

Unfortunatelly I cant accomplish this feat of strength I have very long thighbones and I  dont have the best build for squating.
I belive if I master this exercise my vertical will improve like crazyyyyy so I concentrate on this move now alot.

Try doing 2x30 slow 1 leg squat every other day for a year do it slow feel the burn after a year you will develop monster legs your knees will be so strong man I can bring 1000 quotes about this one.

My stupid thighbones length make it hard to do even bodyweight 2 legs squat I feel like Im going to  fall back if I go deep.
And what makes squating even more difficult for me is that I have naturally tight hamstring and calves.
I can do the full squat with 2 legs only if I wear some nike shoes with elevated heels. like 4cm or so.

you guys should  be proud of yourself if you can do that.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:08:11 pm by achillezzz »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk