Author Topic: Raw Foodism wikipedia page  (Read 4716 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Raw Foodism wikipedia page
« on: September 03, 2008, 08:04:34 pm »
Just thought I'd mention that the raw foodism wikipedia page is doing rather well, thanks to my efforts. If anyone wants to add a small paragraph there, from time to time, re further details on raw animal food diets, that would be great:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_foodism

The paleolithic diet page is  hopelessly biased in favour of veganism. So for anyone willing to change that , heres' the page-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:23:52 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw Foodism wikipedia page
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 07:19:30 pm »
I've just noticed that at least 1 other pro-raw-foodist has been adding in lots of  images and text to the raw foodism wikipedia page, in a way that's very helpful. I presume it's one of our members here. I am most grateful.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Felicie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 06:12:08 pm »
It said to avoid alfalfa sprouts on that page. Wow, I didn't know that!!! I've been eating a ot of alfalfa sprouts lately, because I'm cutting down on tomatoes, bell peppers, and other "sweet" vegetables to reduce the carbohydrates.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 06:26:04 pm »
It should be OK to eat raw tomatoes and cucumbers. As far as I'm aware, they're the only fruits classed(wrongly) as vegetables.

" Ron Paul.

Offline Felicie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 07:26:04 pm »
It should be OK to eat raw tomatoes and cucumbers. As far as I'm aware, they're the only fruits classed(wrongly) as vegetables.

I thought tomatoes are in the nightshade family and should be avoided by paleolithic eaters. Not so?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 08:10:35 pm »
Most healthy peoples livers seem to easily handle any toxins present in tomatoes if thats what your getting at
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 09:00:06 pm »
I know that potatos are not paleo and need to be cooked but this may be worth 5 cents:

http://blog.plantpoisonsandrottenstuff.info/2008/08/17/the-humble-potato/

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 11:12:38 pm »
I know that potatos are not paleo and need to be cooked but this may be worth 5 cents:

http://blog.plantpoisonsandrottenstuff.info/2008/08/17/the-humble-potato/

Nicola

I once read a newspaper interview of a pop-star who mentioned that he nearly died after eating nothing but raw potatoes for a whole month in order to cut down on costs, during a time before he became famous.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 06:05:20 am »
Tyler and all who update the raw foodism page:

A search for "raw meat diet" shows the Raw Foodism wikipedia page in the #3 slot on google.  Good going!  Same page is listed on page #1 of google for "raw meat diet for humans."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:12:04 am by Satya »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk