Author Topic: Depression  (Read 39906 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Depression
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 06:33:30 am »
Staying positive by yourself is good. But you need a family environment.

I need a family atmosphere to stay happy. I know most people try to avoid there family especially if your eating raw meat and have different life views etc. Or if you think your family is a little nuts or don't get along with them.

I would rather live in a big house with a bunch of people then live alone. My life is based around family, but society forces it to be based around a career and many distractions. It's very strange. Big companies aren't helping. Working 8 hours a day prob won't improve your family relationships.

I feel depressed thinking about my family situation. I have family in Jordan and family here. Where to live? Fly back and forth every year, it just isn't a option. If I live in Jordan, my mom is getting old, I will miss my nephews growing up. If I live here, same situation. But just on my father's side. On top of that I don't have a job. I just have to stay positive and figure something out.

Edit: Life is not easy for some, but eating unhealthy or being negative definitely won't make it easier.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2011, 09:07:51 am »
I think the main thing I can remember about depression is that there is a FEELING not a thought or belief...but a feeling that things can only stay the same or get worse - that there is no way out. People can sit there and list all your accomplishments and good qualities and potentials on the horizon and these things are like mirages and everything is quicksand. The thing is - life IS meaningful and there is some purpose for everyone, at least a small purpose where people can express their creativity and originality and just plain enjoy who they are.

positive thinking can often be challenging or impossible in some states but its important to remember/believe at least one positive thing which is that things do have the incredible capacity to get better.

Particularly for younger people. I mean...being young and smart and under-appreciated with no place to go plain sucks. Even with shittier things in my life/lack of good things I think I've gotten happier and more content with myself every year.

Without depression you can still get glum, lonely, nervous and angry at the world/self etc...but the best part about tackling depression is you become better equipped to deal with these things that everyone has to deal with in some way. its that self consciousness which is the reward but many times its the instigator. If its some kind of consciousness or awareness that causes you to hate the world or yourself and feel stifled or whatever than it IS about tuning down that awareness, being selfish enough to give yourself happiness.

Offline riy freeman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 10:16:24 am »
i agree wholeheartedly with kd :D

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 01:11:08 pm »
Very well put KD, many good points.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2011, 01:33:15 pm »
Some people find solace in the painful realizations of life's misfortunes and can even make fun of otherwise hopelessly sad situations.

I think I read Dostoevsky claim "Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying"

Sometimes, when I feel like a situation is giving me unnecessary grief then I will cry out the opening line to "I am man of constant sorrow". It annoys the hell out of my wife but it makes me feel better every time.

In constant sorrow for all my days.

And there is always the hee haw classic to help one crack a smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1okb5EIo1nw
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:05:45 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2011, 04:23:56 pm »
I don't follow what all this depression talk is about.

But when I discovered raw paleo diet worked wonders for me I felt like I won the lottery of life and found the fountain of youth!

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 05:54:20 pm »
Is depression common in the Phillipines?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2011, 05:56:06 pm »
Is depression common in the Phillipines?

I don't know.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2011, 08:05:44 pm »
Who here hasn't gotten some type of mood benefit or gained better overall emotional health on this paleo diet?

I know that I use to go though bouts of depression , but I now think that for the most part it was all connected to my physical health.

I still have just as much stress and hardship as ever but now all I need is a little humor to shrug off a negative emotion when as before the negative feelings seemed to hang around.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:17:00 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline riy freeman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2011, 12:45:34 am »
"Who here hasn't gotten some type of mood benefit or gained better overall emotional health on this paleo diet?"

I found that ZC didn't benefit me in this regard. I now believe ZC is an idealized diet like 811 but in the opposite spectrum.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2011, 02:58:28 am »
"Who here hasn't gotten some type of mood benefit or gained better overall emotional health on this paleo diet?"

I haven't been on raw paleo for long, but some days I get really depressed on the diet. Hope it changes soon, I would hate to have yet another failed diet experiment. On a positive note, I have noticed increased energy and have been more motivated to complete household chores.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2011, 06:52:34 am »

I haven't been on raw paleo for long, but some days I get really depressed on the diet. Hope it changes soon, I would hate to have yet another failed diet experiment. On a positive note, I have noticed increased energy and have been more motivated to complete household chores.

What kind or raw paleo diet are you doing?
Where's your food journal?

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2011, 07:55:32 am »
I haven't started a food journal yet, I guess I'll have to start one soon.

My typical daily menu for the past month looks something like this:
1 pound of cube steak or ground bison
1/3 pound of suet
1-2 fruits
3 raw eggs or cooked
Some raw honey

I would like to mix some organs in, but haven't found any that I like yet. ( Slankers Beef liver is horrible  ;))

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2011, 09:47:05 am »
I would be depressed if I had to eat SUET.

Try bone marrow and live muscle fat.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2011, 10:07:24 am »
Haha, what is it you don't like about suet? I can't imagine muscle fat tasting much better. Thanks for the advice though, I will try replacing suet with live muscle fat.

I have some marrow in my freezer, I haven't ate it yet because its hard to get the marrow out. Guess I'll try breaking the bone with a hammer.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2011, 10:24:00 am »
I really dislike the taste of suet.  At least the suet here in my country.  The butchers don't bother selling them retail.

But live fat, the yummy ones make me smile.

And the creamy bone marrows are just heavenly.

Some people like suet:
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/general-discussion/do-you-eat-raw-beef-suet
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:29:49 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2011, 06:37:24 am »
This reply may seem out of place but I just finished an incredible book called "The Continuum Concept" byJean Liedloff written in the early 1960's.

She had gone to South America on a diamond hunting expedition and while there noticed the lack of psychiatric issues with the young and old in the village where she stayed. She observed the mothers continually holding the babies all day as they worked and then the babies slept with them. They had no such thing as cribs. Mothers didn't run after the children when they started crawling etc as the babies knew where danger was. Their children didn't go through the tantrum and other antisocial behaviour stages that are common with first world children because they were constantly watching how their mothers were interacting with others all day. Watching how she walked, talked, worked, etc so they could easily figure it out themselves when they had the muscles and coordination figured out.

She explains why the villagers had no psychological issues by pointing back to this period in their lives of mothering.

I highly recommend the book. It changed my mind totally.
Cheers
Al

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2011, 03:01:33 pm »
This reply may seem out of place but I just finished an incredible book called "The Continuum Concept" byJean Liedloff written in the early 1960's.

She had gone to South America on a diamond hunting expedition and while there noticed the lack of psychiatric issues with the young and old in the village where she stayed. She observed the mothers continually holding the babies all day as they worked and then the babies slept with them. They had no such thing as cribs. Mothers didn't run after the children when they started crawling etc as the babies knew where danger was. Their children didn't go through the tantrum and other antisocial behaviour stages that are common with first world children because they were constantly watching how their mothers were interacting with others all day. Watching how she walked, talked, worked, etc so they could easily figure it out themselves when they had the muscles and coordination figured out.

She explains why the villagers had no psychological issues by pointing back to this period in their lives of mothering.

I highly recommend the book. It changed my mind totally.

Similar to the Attachment Parenting and Co-Sleeping of today that I recommend.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2011, 08:32:38 pm »
Similar to the Attachment Parenting and Co-Sleeping of today that I recommend.
Can you explain a bit more as in sources etc.?
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2011, 09:35:49 pm »
I  also dislike suet as well , lucky for me I have a butcher that will give me lamb belly fat for free. He explained the difference between the belly lining fat and suet. The belly fat is extremely soft and melts like butter in the mouth, while suet is very pasty and less appealing. Marrow is also good.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2011, 02:41:49 am »
Can you explain a bit more as in sources etc.?

Hard to explain in depth: Google Co-Sleeping
Read up

Then Google

Attachment Parenting Explained

A good site to check is DrMomma/Peaceful Parenting

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2011, 02:50:10 pm »
All you need is some high meat and an old fashioned brutal set of squats...

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2011, 09:51:34 pm »
I think ur and mien symptoms are same . I have heard that yoga is best exericse for mental health and for coping with depression . I am not sure if i am right or not . i also need some help for coping with depression .

Do you want me to ban you NOW, or AFTER you post the spam link in your sig?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk