Author Topic: Varicose veins  (Read 10958 times)

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Varicose veins
« on: January 29, 2011, 04:54:46 am »
While on a ZC or high proportion of meat in the diet, a friend and I observed the apparition of little varix/varicoses veins (don't know the right term in english) on the legs  >:

What's the reason for that from your point of you ? 
Some ZC people seem to have no problem with that.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Varicose veins
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:34:13 am »
How old are you? And how much do you exercise?

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 04:05:26 pm »
Now between 0 to 6 hours a day,probably 2 hours in average
but
when I was on ZC I used to exercise less at the beginning, it might be an important aspect, but it never happened with fruitarian path, and bizarre that a friend got the same symptom.

How can we explain that meat can create varicose ? Too much fat ?

Offline rawcarni

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 05:22:03 pm »
This is really weird: my varicose veins get a lot better when I eat ZC for some time.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 03:44:18 am »
I never had vericose veins bu my beins show well, especially after workouts. A sign of good blood flow.

So, what are you eating on raw zero carb and how many meals?

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 11:55:22 pm »
I'm no more ZC, but maybe when I was, the problem was the not enough good quality of the meat and my inactivity.
Maybe also too much protein (I switched my hypothesis of too much fat, because the ZC long term seem to not notice this phenomen on veins and the eat lots of fat).

???

Offline FoxWoman

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 07:52:45 am »
From what I read about varicose veins, this condition tends to develop when the diet is deficient in Vitamin K2 (Price X-factor) - which is very hard to obtain in substantial quantities from a modern diet, unless you eat a lot of specific organ meats, strictly grass-fed butter, aged cheeses and caviar. AV also mentions in his book that caffeine is one of the major triggers of varicose veins.

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 09:40:58 pm »
varicose veins are usually thought to be caused by a a so-called weakness of the valves within the veins that push the blood back to the lungs.  we really dont knkw the cause, but people with severe varicose veins tend to have increased extracellular fluid. this would manifest as swelling of feet and hands as well as overall "water retention".  most doctors would give a diuretic.  but if i were to have this problem i would avoid all starches and fructose and i'm pretty sure this would work for me as well as most others.  compression stockings may also be of benefit if you're retaining water in ur feet/legs.  good luck

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 04:18:44 am »
I had the same  problem with a raw meat high fat diet with very little carbs. Developed a lot of spider veins on my legs and panicked and stoped the paleo diet for a while.
I am experimenting now, doing only fish and veggies and seeweed and sprouts, that does not seem to give me vein problems.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:47:58 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 11:01:39 pm »
Any time i add too much animal or plant fats, i get varicose and easy bruises. Any time i switched to more fruit it disappears. Without changing my workout.
So this is probably not due first of all to a deficiency in vitamin K (cause very low in fruit). And i was eating eggs and liver (rich in K2) during my low carb experiments (enough ? Why some have not this problem ?)

But maybe high fat with fair amount of green veggies and some fruits could balance enough.

I think the bad circulation is related to vitamin c missing and lack of hydrogen in the diet. Also the fat making the blood more dense and the weakness of the veins if the high fat is not compensate by proper nutrients. Originals inuits had very bad circulation, they say too much omegas 3. But in my case even with plant fats and not much omegas 3, i get the same fragility.

For sure more vigorous exercises improve the flow and strenght of the veins
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:12:57 pm by Louna »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 12:53:00 am »
a couple of things;   first are you eating raw?  do you think you were eating too much fat, as in, it would sit in your stomach for a while after eating?  I like to now eat smaller meals, and often use fat as a snack to keep things simple for my digestion, and ensure my food is being digested or utilized.    Also eating high protein with high fat amounts;   extra protein is converted to sugar.  Excess sugar and fat in my opinion aren't healthy.    And yes I think Vit C is beneficial for creating healthy elastic veins/arteries.  I tend to use meyer lemons or fully ripe lemons, or some high Vit C fruit like berries.    I've even used dried camu camu, but am always wondering long term how a freezed dried powered food is seen by my body.   

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 02:45:49 am »
Welcome back, Louna!

Raw again?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk