Author Topic: Herschel Walker Diet & Exercise  (Read 19937 times)

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Herschel Walker Diet & Exercise
« on: January 29, 2011, 02:14:47 pm »
Man,this dude is awesome at 48.It says he prefers bread,soup and salads.Eats one meal a day,no meat no fish but does eat butter.The funny part is that he apparently owns a meat company.I'm at a loss for words on this one :):
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6994220-herschel-walker-reveals-his-diet-and-fitness-program
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2010/0126/479437/herschel-walker/

"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Herschel Walker Diet & Exercise
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 09:58:18 pm »
Sounds extraordinarily impressive obviously. Almost too impressive... So its quite possible that he's either lying in some covert (or just straight up pathological) way or uses drugs. He's clearly a genetic freak which accounts for almost all his success but its still interesting nonetheless if what he says is true about not eating meat (no animal protein?).

He could also be extraordinarily happy person as these sorts anecdotally consume less calories. Personally (and from very limited and uncontrolled experience, so essentially worthless) I have noticed my strength slightly decline or not improve when eating at low protein levels (approx <70g a day level). I was on a crusade at one point to show that low levels of protein were optimal. I would have had a boner over this article a year ago.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 02:00:43 am »
Reminds me of this woman's writings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galina_Shatalova

Her book Vybor Puti (The choice of the way), published in 1996, describes her system. One of the theories she attempts to debunk is that people require about 1200 to 1700 kcal a day. These figures date back to statistical research done in Germany at the end of the 19th century; she claims that that the requirements are in fact around 250 to 400 kcal, assuming a natural rather than processed diet.

Got her book (German translation) towards the beginning of my experiences with alternative diets / life styles. Failed miserably. Maybe it's fake, maybe some people can do it, who knows. It would be awesome if it were possible.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 02:08:47 am »
King Salmon  I see you continued my research about worlds class athlets that eat what they want when they want and dominate sports.
I stumbled across Herschel walker half year ago he was one of the reasons I started epxploring this area about athlets and their diets.

He probably has godlike glands or he is on raw paleo but lying to the press.

After all rich people always convinced poor people that meat is bad for them because they wanted to keep it for themselves.

If you get somewhere in sports with raw paleo would you expose your secret strength source? I would lie probably but thats just me.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 06:01:57 am »
Nick Diaz, elite MMA fighter, said recently he eats raw food as much as possible. He is a vegan.

Jon Fitch is almost a vegan, eats meat twice a week. Is also into raw food  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0KRYBEVmes

Both said they feel better after ditching meat. Those 2 fighters are among the best 20 in the world and get tested for steroids before their fights. Clearly, cooked vegan does work for some people.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 06:26:36 am »

Both said they feel better after ditching meat. Those 2 fighters are among the best 20 in the world and get tested for steroids before their fights. Clearly, cooked vegan does work for some people.

Sure. I know some people that do raw dairy/eggs and no other animal foods and do very well. It would be helpful data on how long they were vegan as well as that can make a big difference and can say from my experience that I felt better than the cooked omi or veg diet I was on prior. The problem as usual is people miss the whole formula to dwell on which individual foods are good or bad. To me grains, legumes, soy etc..are suboptimal foods, but as a diet can be better than a variety of raw plant foods and there is plenty of evidence for this. Once one accepts the false notions around raw meats and high fats they might seem the most superior as foods but even then no one can say for sure which diets per which individual and per which desired goal will yield the best results. An understanding that not everyone is Herschel Walker is helpful at some point in that discussion...

to me 'raw paleo' is like A health strategy. so its never particularly upsetting to me to see people with different needs using different strategies.

as for the calorie thing...there are so many people with similar claims that I believe there must be some truth to it. Same theory above applies tho, if I can't get by on 300 calories or whatever its not very helpful to dwell on, other then perhaps investigating any strategies that have been helpful for them and try them out.

HW eats chicken anyway

Offline matthew ryan

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 07:32:59 am »
There are several reports of Herschel Walker having multiple personality disorder :/

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 07:35:18 am »

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 07:49:21 am »
what is that like 1000 calories? 1100 calories or something?

There are several reports of Herschel Walker having multiple personality disorder :/

"some Asian woman I have never seen eats half this tray of chicken every day"

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 07:50:40 am »
Nick Diaz, elite MMA fighter, said recently he eats raw food as much as possible. He is a vegan.

I don't think he's vegan. He doesn't eat red meat I know that.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 08:11:46 am »
So the question becomes: Does it make any difference what this guy eats? Would he be healthy regardless? Or,the old standby: When he gets old,he's gonna feel like crap ???

Or,is it possible some people do better on different fuel sources? For example,some cars run on gasoline,some on diesel,some on ethanol.Could humans somehow have adapted to different fuel sources?

Btw,here's the food company HW owns: http://www.renmanfoods.com/

Also,I just found a link in regards to his multiple personality disorder: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2004349295_nfl15.html
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 08:35:40 am by King Salmon »
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 08:22:47 am »
Anderson silva loves sushi, so does Overeem.

The tip top guys do eat meats and a good variety of foods. BJ Penn eats grass fed beef etc.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 08:41:09 am »
So the question becomes: Does it make any difference what this guy eats? Would he be healthy regardless? Or,the old standby: When he gets old,he's gonna feel like crap ???

Or,is it possible some people do better on different fuel sources? For example,some cars run on gasoline,some on diesel,some on ethanol.Could humans somehow have adapted to different fuel sources?

Btw,here's the food company HW owns: http://www.renmanfoods.com/

Also,I just found a link in regards to his multiple personality disorder: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2004349295_nfl15.html
The problem in all this is the perception that
 fit and strong=healthy
and it doesn't.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 10:04:13 am »
so does Overeem.
He is living the life, isn't he

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 11:17:35 am »
@Nation lol Yeah his online documentaries are very nice. I just hope he is not on roids, he is pretty inspiring and a greta fighter.

www.thereem.com

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 05:09:25 pm »

He looks like he has some of the monkey genes mike tyson was the same and they both super athletss

Check the facial structure they probably share some of the monkey gene lol

Their faces are intimidating they have this paleo monkey look maybe they are not that degenerated as the white man so they have few more generations to have a physical advantage over the white man?

I mean when the black people were brought from Africa to america as slaves? so they ate naturaly more than the white man so they have less degeneration probably.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 05:14:27 pm »
Btw here is mike tyson diet and workout plan.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Mike-Tyson-Training-Program---Could-You-Follow-It?&id=1336454

They have strong glands... less degenerated

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 05:28:59 pm »
Tyson is not a good example i think, he was only dominant in his early 20s, he went downhill after that really fast, got kinda chubby too. Pacquiao would be a much better example.

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 09:54:06 pm »
I can pretty much guarantee he didn't build any of the muscle he has on his current diet, so what we have is a buff dude who's maintaining his muscle as this doesn't require to much protien.  He doesn't compete anymore(and I doubt he could on such a diet) so it really doesn't prove much that he eats so little except that protien needs to maintain lean mass are pretty low.

I've noticed that as people get older they tend to need a lot less calories, my dad for example eats what I would call a starvation diet but somehow he manages to maintain his body weight and workout.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 07:26:51 am »
Most african americans are mixed with European genetics I would think. Herschel looks mixed somewhere along his genetcs. Many mixed people are pretty good athletes. My bros are mixed with african and european, very athletic naturally and strong looking jaws.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 07:31:39 am »
Types of foods you eat, genetics, and what types of exercise you do also affect facial structure and strong jaws.

Edit: Also some people seem to store more fat in their face. Length of neck is interesting as well.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:37:24 am by Sully »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 07:40:45 am »
If you get somewhere in sports with raw paleo would you expose your secret strength source? I would lie probably but thats just me.

I think there would be more raw paleo dieters or partially raw paleo dieters with those people where looks / glamor / hotness is an asset.

Far easier to achieve good looks than be a world class athlete.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 12:53:39 pm »

Jon Fitch is almost a vegan, eats meat twice a week. Is also into raw food  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0KRYBEVmes

hmnm..in that youtube vid its pretty classic how he says: "we are 96% identical to chimps" and then his entire fridge and pantry is filled with boxes of processed crap. He's brought a little more consciousness to this diet..and feels better. Eating a little bit of factory animal protein is totally fine...if one gets all their energy from carbs anyway. Still says nothing about long term health or even which diets give the best short term results.

Its totally a non mystery when people go cooked vegan or 'organic' or no red meat or whatever and feel better. I'm sure many people here have experienced this. Perhaps eating raw foods at this point is totally unnecessary or would present more problems then solutions for this or these particular person/people. It is somewhat of a mystery when we have people in there 50's and 60's looking and performing well in life or perhaps in some cases sports. Odds are these people do have some hidden stubborn ailment or something, but even if not you can't say that oh...well if I eat HIS diet or HER diet, then I will do as well. Isn't this obvious? Can't chalk it up to just genes or whatever. Ultimately food isn't necessarily the biggest factor in wellness, just the one people have the most control over as a manipulation of such usually.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 11:38:49 am »
Strong defined jaws in men are a sign of high testosterone and optimal hormonal balance, those blessed with a completely intact and high functioning endocrine system, have an overall advantage which may allow them to thrive off of diets that would be disastrous for those less endowed.

People like Herschel are clearly genetically blessed and his being able to sustain his athletic prowess on his current diet at his age is a testament to his personal attributes (hard work had allot to do with it as well), but by no means is his success an indicator of the superiority of his diet.

I know its to soon but I say this out of respect: even Jack La lame Had moved toward vegetarian eating during his last 20 years and was even eating soy protein religiously, but he still had such a prowess and a will to live that he managed to do well and lived to be a respectfully old age, even though I contend he had the potential to live well into his 100s if he had followed a more natural diet during his later years.

Perhaps Hershel is burning the candle at both ends and although he could maintain his edge for a few more years I doubt it could last past the mid to late fifties, unless he uses growth hormone  like good old Rocky, or perhaps he is just that well constructed like George Forman and I shouldn't make such accusation, forgive me if I am wrong.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:44:20 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk