Author Topic: Dental/Mouth Health  (Read 4887 times)

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
Dental/Mouth Health
« on: February 06, 2011, 04:26:06 am »
Any improvements dentally/mouthwise on paleo?

Ie bleeding gums - usually cured by vit c as I heard it's scurvy so a bit of veg or for carnivores buncha meat or blood

Acidic saliva/over/under production of saliva - has that cleared up or balanced itself out? I heard because cooked food is so hard to digest it ferments the mouth, and saliva acidifying it bad for enamel and causing an over or underproduction of salivia to deal with cooked food.

Sensitive/weak/chipping teeth - Has that cleared up - some people also note remineralizing on a raw paleo diet

Tooth decay - Horrible has that cleared up or even appeared actually? Fluroide also causes it so avoid fluoridated toothpastes and get a RO/distillation filter because all water is fluoridated and is toxic. Do the research...makes me sad.

Dry mouth - Any improvements on that

Bad breath - of course. Has this cleared up and is your breath crystal clear despite all the meat? If so and if you do have bad breath do you chew gum? I heard chewing on bones is like or even better than gum for saliva production - raw bones of course.

Plaque - Any improvements in it

And any etc mouth/dental conditions that may have plagued you that have cleared up or improved.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Dental/Mouth Health
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 05:59:25 am »
I had teeth very near to falling out by the time I switched to rawpalaeo. This caused a problem as some raw meats, such as raw tongue, were tough enough that I was afraid I would lose my teeth as a result; But within some months after cutting out all raw dairy, my teeth became stronger, and my gums stopped bleeding etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 09:33:09 am »
Fruitarianism gave me teeth pain. Paleo cleared that right up as well as not having that bad taste in the morning and just cleaner feeling mouth.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Kristjan

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • kriskris.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 03:34:42 pm »
I'd say my breath has totally gotten a lot better after going paleo, and my teeth and tounge don't get that "dirty" feeling anymore.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 07:11:25 am »
My mouth improve definitely on RPD, but I see my bleeding gum (when i brush) now often. In summer sun bathing completely stops that problem. I get improvement from bad breath, tooth pain, cleaner mouth... etc. so far. But my three yrs old son has absolutely no problem. I stop brushing his teeth almost a year now.
bugs or country chickens

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 09:49:03 am »
My mouth improve definitely on RPD, but I see my bleeding gum (when i brush) now often. In summer sun bathing completely stops that problem. I get improvement from bad breath, tooth pain, cleaner mouth... etc. so far. But my three yrs old son has absolutely no problem. I stop brushing his teeth almost a year now.
Your son a primal dieter as well?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk