Author Topic: How long to see result of what you eat?  (Read 5806 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
How long to see result of what you eat?
« on: February 14, 2011, 03:15:25 pm »
How long would it take generally to see a result of what you eat affect your skin? I'm trying to determine what is causing my skin to become inflamed and dry and my dandruff to go crazy.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How long to see result of what you eat?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 03:29:28 pm »
It depends on the individual, how long have you been paleo and raw paleo?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 04:12:05 pm »
It depends on the individual, how long have you been paleo and raw paleo?

I'm not sure how to answer the question appropriately because I have been raw paleo on and off since September. Sometimes I have been raw for a 1 week striclty but I always get pressure and guilt by family to go eat out at a restaurant with them or during a family gathering...it sucks. I get frustrated that I cant see what it would be like to be consistent raw for longer periods of time. But I'm thinking this recent inflammation outburst was due to granola and milk cereal I ate last Monday. Could it take this long to effect it? It may also be a result of the overdose of adrenal glands I had last night.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 04:31:56 pm »
I'm not sure how to answer the question appropriately because I have been raw paleo on and off since September. Sometimes I have been raw for a 1 week striclty but I always get pressure and guilt by family to go eat out at a restaurant with them or during a family gathering...it sucks. I get frustrated that I cant see what it would be like to be consistent raw for longer periods of time. But I'm thinking this recent inflammation outburst was due to granola and milk cereal I ate last Monday. Could it take this long to effect it? It may also be a result of the overdose of adrenal glands I had last night.
Well my problem is dermatitis and acne all over my face. When I cheat I break out horribly and if I cheat for 2-3 days Im practically bleeding even though I don't scratch my face. If I go cooked paleo it could take 3 weeks to heal. If I am mostly raw and a little cooked paleo then it only should take 2 weeks to be 99% gone. Theres no reason to not eat paleo at restaurants. For instance not all that long ago I went to a restaurant named andrews with my family. I got some pork chops and it came with a salad, potato and side of steamed veggies. I ate the salad with an olive oil/vinagerette dressing (not 100% paleo but not going to do me harm), instead of a potato I just got it changed to some extra steamed vegies and just ate it up. Delicious and little to no harm asside from it being cooked.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 05:13:49 pm »
if you on high fat protein and get increased testosterone levels then you might get some acne anyway no even if your on raw paleo?

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 05:25:13 pm »
if you on high fat protein and get increased testosterone levels then you might get some acne anyway no even if your on raw paleo?
?

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 08:19:54 pm »
There is no answer. The effects can come instantly, they can come with in an hour or with in hours.

Most often I'd say you can feel it instantly. Consequences come with in 24 hours I'd say

As far as your skin problems go, all I can do is suggest eggs and cream.. Clears up my eczema and dermatitis like nothing else does. Also be careful not to overeat I think that can be a big cause.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:27:06 pm by ForTheHunt »
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 08:43:12 pm »

I think also being happy and relaxed can cure things like alergies and eczema so I wouldn't put all your faith in diet. My eczema went away one spring which had plagued me since I was a baby. I had been RPD for three years. I thought it may have been sun exposure but now I think it was mental. Last year eczema free again but I found another crutch.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 08:55:10 pm »
... I had been RPD for three years. I thought it may have been sun exposure but now I think it was mental.

It's said running can improve one's outlook mentally, no?  Sunlight is a basic nutrient IMO anyway.  What crutch?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 08:58:51 pm »
    Being in touch with our feelings can prevent physical allergic reactions. Replacing our food with healthy raw can get us to a better frame of mind, so we can't help but be in touch with what we need to.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 09:26:56 pm »
How long would it take generally to see a result of what you eat affect your skin? I'm trying to determine what is causing my skin to become inflamed and dry and my dandruff to go crazy.

Have you done any detox protocols.  Those detox protocols work fast.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 10:42:23 pm »
    It's said running can improve one's outlook mentally, no?  Sunlight is a basic nutrient IMO anyway.  What crutch?

Doing fun things is good for health and getting sun really important I think (8 hours plus daily in northern latitudes).  My crutch...I obsessed about a work situation when I would of been better off facing up to some jobs/conflicts I didn't want to deal with (procrastinated about)

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 10:52:10 pm »
... getting sun really important I think (8 hours plus daily in northern latitudes).  My crutch...I obsessed ...

I think I meant to write sunning, not running, damned spellcheck going unchecked by me.  Yes, running can make for great highs :)

Thanks for the perspective on that crutch.  It can explain things I see.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk