Author Topic: Raw Nut Digestion  (Read 14254 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Raw Nut Digestion
« on: February 15, 2011, 06:02:25 pm »
I don't really know how many of you actually eat raw nuts or anything, but I heard they're a good source for fats and I figure since squirrels eat them I think, they should be alright.. and since I've been trying to find a good source of raw fats, since I can't find any organic or grass-fed beef fats at all, I tried out some different types of raw nuts.

However, I noticed that whenever I ate a large amount of them, namely cashews and pecans both had the same effect, I have no problems when I eat them except when they uh.. come out the other end, it comes out with this really bright orange oily substance.. and I have no idea what it even is, and I don't know why it's so brightly coloured.  It doesn't seem to happen when I eat smaller amounts of nuts though, only when I eat like half a whole bag of them or something, then I get a bunch of bright orange oil in my stool.. and not even like diarrhea, I have a normal stool, I only notice the bright orange oil when I wipe and also when I turn to flush, floating on the water..

anybody else ever experience this, or know a possible reason?  I don't really eat nuts anymore because of this, it's kind of creepy and weird.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Nut Digestion
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:06:58 pm »
Cashews aren't generally considered Paleo. Can't help on your question though.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 10:00:35 pm »
I experimented with raw pili nuts.

It interferes with meat digestion.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 06:54:04 am »
Cashews = not paleo + its currently illegal to sell raw cashews in the USA. They says its raw but they are steamed. Also you may want to try soaking/sprouting them, easier for your body to handle. I personally have no problem with them but I feel better with meat and fat. Have you looked on eatwild.com? I would be suprised if you couldn't find any grass fed animals near you on their. Also its probably not best to think you can eat a food just because other mammals can, yes nuts are paleo but eating huge amounts as a main fat source is not.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 11:30:55 am »
Oh, no wonder the cashews were so soft, if they were steamed.  I didn't know they weren't paleo though, but I know raw nuts aren't the greatest for digestion, and I don't eat them often, I was just looking for an alternative fat source that wasn't commercial and grain-fed and such.  I was just wondering why they caused that bright orange oily stuff to come out, since the nuts aren't even orange.

and I can't order stuff online or else my Dad might find out I'm eating raw meat and such and he'll get angry.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 11:46:10 am »
raw cashews are poisonous.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 12:36:38 pm »
Oh, no wonder the cashews were so soft, if they were steamed.  I didn't know they weren't paleo though, but I know raw nuts aren't the greatest for digestion, and I don't eat them often, I was just looking for an alternative fat source that wasn't commercial and grain-fed and such.  I was just wondering why they caused that bright orange oily stuff to come out, since the nuts aren't even orange.

and I can't order stuff online or else my Dad might find out I'm eating raw meat and such and he'll get angry.

Its not online, it finds local grass fed meats in your area. Also not sure why orange.

raw cashews are poisonous.
Only the outer shell that cases the cashew is poisonous but getting the cashew out of the shell without touching it or having the nut touch some of the toxin is nearly impossible without special tools.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 02:40:02 pm »
I didn't know cashews were poisonous, and won't be eating them anymore.   :(

And I looked on eatwild.com, and it shows the nearest farm to me to be like 40+ miles away which is not a drive I'm willing to make regularly.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 02:42:10 pm »
I didn't know cashews were poisonous, and won't be eating them anymore.   :(

And I looked on eatwild.com, and it shows the nearest farm to me to be like 40+ miles away which is not a drive I'm willing to make regularly.

That sucks, I have a monthly co-op and just stick the meat in my freezer. If I ever want fresh I can just go get some from whole foods. Do you not have a whole foods near you?

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 10:13:26 pm »
I don't really know how many of you actually eat raw nuts or anything, but I heard they're a good source for fats and I figure since squirrels eat them I think, they should be alright..

Nuts are a terrible source of fats. They are high in PUFAs, easily oxidized and mostly omega-6s. Plus, nuts are calorically dense for very little nutrients compared to meat, and since they don't go with meals well, they just encourage snacking, which is unnatural for carnivores on high fat diets. Nuts are a major fail.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 10:16:31 pm »
Why don't you buy your own fridge?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 10:17:36 pm »
and I can't order stuff online or else my Dad might find out I'm eating raw meat and such and he'll get angry.[/font]

And  then what? He'll kick you out?

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 01:33:23 pm »
No, there's no whole foods near me, unfortunately.

And I didn't know nuts were high in PUFA's and Omega-6.. as far as nutritional though, I didn't really eat them for nutrition, just for fat and filler.  Meat might have more nutrition, but meat wasn't the problem I was having with, I can get grass-fed beef, just not grass-fed fat, and I doubt just beef fat alone, especially commercial grain-fed fat, is much more nutritionally dense than nuts.  And I'm not exactly going full carnivore or high fat right now, as I'm more on a fruit diet at the moment, which seems to aggravate my acne the least so far.  It would probably help clear up my face more if I could get a tan, but the winter sun hardly does anything for me.  But once I start school again and can stop by the trader joe's and goodwin's organics that are by my college more often, then I'll be able to buy more grass-fed meat more often and stuff.  But until then, I don't have much of a source of good fats.

I thought of buying my own fridge, but I need a cheap one and a place to put it in my room, and I might have to try and hide it since my dad might not approve of me having a fridge in my room since he doesn't want me having food in my room(clean freak), and then I don't even know if they might leak water out the back and onto the carpet or something, I don't know how they work and when I went to bestbuy to look at mini fridges, there was no one around to help me so I ended up just leaving.  I might still end up buying one though, I'm not sure..  I've been doing alright hiding my food in a drawer in the kitchen fridge for now.

And yes, he might just kick me out for eating raw meat, seeing as he has already told me "No eating raw meat in my house."  At the very least, he'll think I've gone mental and probably freak out at me and then it will be even harder for me to hide my raw meat even if he doesn't kick me out.  Although if he ever did find out, I figure I'd try to convince him of the benefits and such of raw meat, although he's hardly listened to my arguments about eating my steaks cooked rare, saying that someday I'll get sick from it.  Although I'm a bit curious to see his reaction if I told him I've been eating completely raw meat for months now and haven't gotten sick even once, but I can't risk that unless he's already found out I'm eating it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk