Author Topic: Balanced RVAF  (Read 5484 times)

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Balanced RVAF
« on: February 19, 2011, 10:10:38 pm »
Hey all,

I had a break from RVAF for a while, mainly because of a plethora of problems that arose, which I've still not resolved.

However, I've been suffering too at the hands of neolithic foods (which I was eating for more energy), so I was trying to refocus again on raw paleo, although I'm so dysregulated now that I just don't know what to eat/incorporate.

I watched a documentary about mongolians using golden eagles to achieve their hunting in the mountains, which was amazing and inspiring - I really wanted to emulate their paleo hunting way.

Suffice to say, I'm wondering again what you're eating daily - muscle meats, organ meats, fat/marrow etc.?

I think my body is too metabolically and nutritionally damaged from past SAD/abuse and raw veganism to heal now (especially maybe because my gut is totally dysbiotic and my stomach acid and bile output are insufficient), although I can still just do my best in this situation out of respect for life. Who is taking HCl and bile salts with their meals?

My teeth still suffered on raw paleo as well as my gums (receding), so I can imagine that I wasn't getting sufficient minerals and fat-soluble activators (or maybe my uptake was poor). Metabolically, I wish I'd chosen raw paleo over raw veganism in the beginning - maybe then I'd have had the "fire" to digest better and not be so depleted in the first place. I was so naive at the time though and green smoothies sounded easier than raw liver.

Best,
Scotty
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Balanced RVAF
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 10:18:46 pm »
Can you post photos of your teeth please?

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 10:20:18 pm »
What I'm eating now may not be for you.

Lately on my 3rd year of raw paleo dieting, I'm running more free wheeling on instinct... Probably turning instincto.  

Lately after months of binging on beef, then binging on horse, lately I'm more on various fruit, raw fish, vegetable salads, duck eggs.

Lately I got salad greens from probably the best organic farmer in the country... very good.

Lately we have papayas from the pristine island of Palawan... very good.

Lately we have raw duck eggs from the pristine island of Palawan... very good.

It is this pristine natural food that is just so so very good... you don't need much... but it is satisfying.  And the taste is just exquisite.  Quality beyond what we normally get commercially.

You might try posting at the instincto forum, maybe GCB and Iguana have something for you.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 03:48:16 am »
Thanks for some of the constructive responses, which I found useful. I'll try to post my teeth/gums (not literally) tonight when someone co-operates with me to do a photo.

@Paleo Donk: I aspire to your smug, condescending position - probably why your blog is devoid of any content, useful or otherwise. It reminds me of the line from Clerks "What's your encore? Do you like anally rape my mother while pouring sugar in my gas tank". I realise you're trying to wake me up to the inherent uselessness of any eating/cleansing approach, although if the waking phenomena I'm experiencing is torturous, why shouldn't I try to seek the forward escape through best endeavour? What's my alternative - become a junkie? Visit allopathic doctors for synthetic hormones and pharmaceutical anti-inflammatories? Have my teeth filled with mercury amalgams because I no longer have the income to afford otherwise?

Most people in that "I'm alright Jack" position tend to scoff at those who fail in most persevering attempts. Conversely, there's a battery of people who actually wish to help fellow members of their human family (e.g. pssst, look at this...what about this?). I'm struggling at the moment to find equilibrium in diet, whereby now I've fallen into a crevasse from which there could be no return - does this mean that I shouldn't glean ideas from communities that I've contributed to myself in my recreational time?

Are you the kind that leaves people for dead on the battlefield and then flicks ash on their grave? I started raw paleo with the best of intent - not as a suicide mission. Did I know the bigger picture of metabolism and macronutrient ratios etc. when I started? Did I know about dysbiosis and the requirement for balanced minerals? Did I know about chronic inflammation and acid/base balancing/buffers?

If anything, it's your sadistic posting that's stifling constructive answers to my questions. Maybe you're proposing that my position is deadlock and the raw paleo scene cannot progress to help more individuals, who're experiencing problems? Maybe this forum is just for people for whom meat/fat/organs/fruits works and the rest can push off...That wasn't the impression I had though...

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 04:08:48 am »
BBQ, I wish you good health obviously in the future and won't enter your threads again. I said the same thing twice now so as you know where I stand. I feel that my position is from the purest parts of my soul. I've done my part to help in the best possible manner that I can. I have no further place in the argument.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 08:25:39 pm »
PD, it was just your manner that seemed to undermine your message, to the extent that I couldn't even understand your message. Why don't you simply speak respectfully, even if I'm in a massively compromised position and you're in a stronger position whereby you can still eat donuts without immediate effects...

I understood generally that you thought that there was a psychiatric component to my pursuit of an opportunity for healing, especially because I was perpetually not that successful, although if this is the only body I have (becoming weaker every day due to ongoing catabolic processes), it's prudent for me to help myself.

What you probably have to understand is that I depleted my body so much with raw veganism (trying to curb tooth decay) that I became virtually dead - physically, hormonally, mentally/emotionally, spiritually etc. For me to continue to live with this mistake, rather than hang myself in the woods, I have to give myself some hope that I can at least reach some measure of balance, comfort and relaxation.

Now because my body is turning itself into a baggy mush, I reckon I'm going to be dying soon anyway, but still, I don't wish to give up.

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 02:14:12 am »
Hey MrBBQ,

I don't know what kind of eating your doing now but don't give up all hope yet.  I don't have the answers to your problems, in fact this forum may not.  But you shouldn't stop searching and experimenting to see if you can improve your health. 

Look at this thread:
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/before-and-after-photos/brady's-before-and-after-pics-gained-20kg-in-3-months/

I'm sure Brady thought all hope was lost at one time.  But he kept searching and appears to be doing much better.

I myself am in chronic pain from an injury, after trying everything in conventional western medicine I am still no better.  Some days when the pain is bad, I think all hope is lost (those are bad days).  But I have made a plan to attack this injury on three fronts:  RPD, muscle movements (strengthening, stretching, physical therapy),  and manipulation therapy (chiropractic, ART, Trigger Point massage, Rolfing Massage).  I am hoping that one of these things will heal me fully.  Until I've tried everything, I sill have hope.

I don't know what your specific problems are, but the answers are out there.  Don't stop searching.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk