Author Topic: FoxWoman Introduction  (Read 14767 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: FoxWoman Introduction
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 06:34:55 am »
I would look at raw eggs as one of those fats.
Certainly not as satisfying as bone marrow.
And not as satisfying as back fat.
A supplier will come along, even if the fat is frozen, just try it.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 10:46:39 am »
if you find a source for some, i think you would love bone marrow!.. it's kind of like a dairy substitute, far better tasting than butter even.   

also, how are you feeling dairy free?

Offline FoxWoman

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 11:17:52 am »
if you find a source for some, i think you would love bone marrow!.. it's kind of like a dairy substitute, far better tasting than butter even.   

also, how are you feeling dairy free?

Bone marrow would be a nice option!

I don't really notice any changes so far being dairy free, but it's been just a couple of days. The only change is inconvenience - I used to snack on raw cheese with some fruit or berries before, especially at work. Now I just have an egg yolk smoothie with avocado, lemon and honey instead, but it lacks protein, so it is not as satisfying. I also decided that I will ditch egg whites, too - apparently, my skin condition is a picture-perfect illustration of biotin deficiency, so I want to play safe. My diet was always heavy on eggs, and I read here:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1991.tb05361.x/abstract
that avidin is not really destroyed much even when egg yolks are cooked. So, maybe I am extra sensitive to avidin, so I am ditching egg whites together with dairy, for now.

FoxWoman
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:22:13 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 07:22:45 pm »
The avidin in raw egg white is drastically reduced in fertilised, raw eggs.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline FoxWoman

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 04:29:54 am »
The avidin in raw egg white is drastically reduced in fertilised, raw eggs.

Well, I should probably get a family of my own chickens then. :) Not sure if they will survive on my balcony though... oh, wait, they will not be pastured! Unless I also grow there some grass...

But, seriously, if I were able to find fertilized eggs, I for sure would go for those! I remember seeing once fresh duck eggs on a farmer's market, but those were not fertilized and even not pastured, just "free-run". Our usual "organic, free-range" eggs come from grain-fed chickens and are as pale and anemic as conventional battery eggs. Currently, I buy OmegaPro eggs, they at least have the darkest yolk and the chickens are fed flax and alfa-alfa... my best choice so far!

Will do some further search for fertilized eggs...

Thanks!

FoxWoman
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:49:08 am by TylerDurden »

Offline FoxWoman

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 06:42:58 am »
Just a follow-up...

Had an appointment with my doctor yesterday (I have quite a cool, open-minded doctor) and brought to her attention the idea that my skin condition might be caused by biotin deficiency. She took that very seriously. She advised that I should give up eggs completely - both whites and yolks, because it is impossible to completely separate them from each other and, if I continue eating egg yolks, I will also be ingesting some of anti-nutrients in whites. And, although I am very "anti-supplements", she also persuaded me to try a massive vitamin - B therapy with at least 1000 mcg of biotin, in addition to liquid magnesium supplementation, cod liver oil, and pancreatic enzymes with every meal.

I am thinking that I will follow my doctor's advice - just to give it a try. Recently, my skin has been very inflamed and it seems to be getting only worse on a no-dairy diet. So, I am thinking of maybe returning to butter or ghee, since egg yolks are now out, too...

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 08:39:00 am »
Just a follow-up...

Had an appointment with my doctor yesterday (I have quite a cool, open-minded doctor) and brought to her attention the idea that my skin condition might be caused by biotin deficiency. She took that very seriously. She advised that I should give up eggs completely - both whites and yolks, because it is impossible to completely separate them from each other and, if I continue eating egg yolks, I will also be ingesting some of anti-nutrients in whites. And, although I am very "anti-supplements", she also persuaded me to try a massive vitamin - B therapy with at least 1000 mcg of biotin, in addition to liquid magnesium supplementation, cod liver oil, and pancreatic enzymes with every meal.

I am thinking that I will follow my doctor's advice - just to give it a try. Recently, my skin has been very inflamed and it seems to be getting only worse on a no-dairy diet. So, I am thinking of maybe returning to butter or ghee, since egg yolks are now out, too...

Sounds like you have a smart and well-informed doctor.  I am with you as far as supplementation as it is better to just eat the right stuff, but certain supplements are so critical and the ones your doctor suggested are among the ones I think are most important.  Hopefully it helps!!

Offline Bronwen

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Yoga & Wellbeing
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 02:50:42 am »
Any thoughts about Vitamin D deficiency causing your skin condition? From not getting enough sun on your skin? Maybe chat to your doctor about getting a blood test for Vit D (need to test for the '25-D' form in the blood, not the activated form, as this gives a clearer idea of whether you are deficient or not).
May I always maintain an open mind in my quest for TRUTH - "The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr,Danish Physicist

Offline FoxWoman

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 06:16:44 am »
Any thoughts about Vitamin D deficiency causing your skin condition? From not getting enough sun on your skin? Maybe chat to your doctor about getting a blood test for Vit D (need to test for the '25-D' form in the blood, not the activated form, as this gives a clearer idea of whether you are deficient or not).

I don't think this is the case. I maintain a year-round tan for a number of years now, and I just recently discontinued taking cod liver oil (well, will start it again now). Besides, I eat a lot of seafood. I was also using topical vitamin D on my scalp and face lesions before, without any success - it only seemed to aggravate my skin condition. :(

Thanks for the idea, though!

FoxWoman

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 06:45:39 am »
You can listen to your instincts and it will tell you to binge on certain raw foods and you will get everything you need.

My instincts kicked in several times, it's fantastic.

Oyster binging, durian binging, egg binging, blue marlin binging, beef fat binging, beef binging, horse binging, shrimp binging, mango binging.

I'm just beginning to understand the power of instincto, try scooting over to that part of this forum.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk