Author Topic: Found a raw paleo bodybuilder  (Read 8693 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Found a raw paleo bodybuilder
« on: February 24, 2011, 01:16:20 pm »
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Found a raw paleo bodybuilder
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:22:27 pm »
I know him.. We used to discuss raw meat and bodybuilding a few years ago.

He´s very eccentric.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:44:49 pm »
He looks like a very wise strong dude   :)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 10:07:07 pm »

He´s very eccentric.

Aren't we all eccentric?  ;D
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 12:27:09 pm »

He´s very eccentric.
Is he still bodybuilding and raw paleo?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 12:33:46 pm »
I followed this guy for awhile a few years back. I had saw in the last 2 years or something I think he started consulting with D Graham and then I think reverted back to eating raw meat of varying percentages including...lots of meat...to next to no meat.

I admit I haven't checked back recently though as it did tend to seem very lifebloggie as opposed to nutritional or exercise info. He seems to have great speed in addition to 'big muscles' FWIW.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 12:50:06 pm »
I followed this guy for awhile a few years back. I had saw in the last 2 years or something I think he started consulting with D Graham and then I think reverted back to eating raw meat of varying percentages including...lots of meat...to next to no meat.

I admit I haven't checked back recently though as it did tend to seem very lifebloggie as opposed to nutritional or exercise info. He seems to have great speed in addition to 'big muscles' FWIW.
Do you know how he achieved that? Its basically what I'm after lol.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 01:40:12 pm »
Do you know how he achieved that? Its basically what I'm after lol.
It looks like he has a link to a more recent blog where he says the last 2 of 7 years 'raw' he's been pushing more towards raw vegetarian diets but still eats marginal meat. I would just contact him as I have no idea. It appears to me that he probably started out as a fairly fit bodybuilder/powerlifter..ate raw meat pretty heavily for 5 years or so improving in a variety of things and moved towards a more vegetarian/vegan diet for whatever reasons he felt..slimmed down and still has pretty muscular/vascular body at the moment. I don't really know much else.

if you mean the speed and muscles thing. I'm not an expert, but I know some things that we could talk about in the 'todays workout' thread where others might jump in.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 10:46:38 pm »
With the danger of sounding like a broken record. Don't forget Joshua Trentine and Randi Roach. Bodybuilding was hit by the fat scare that the rest of the world was struck by. And how could it not. A very aggresive 'supplement' industry was in the engine compartment of this runaway train. I cannot think of any single place or group where this lipid/diet/heart disease hootenanny  has done more damage. Massive quantities of protein, often from a shitty source like soymill run-off , as low on fat as possible and boatloads of carbs in the shape of pasta! (Not to forget about the artificial sweeteners which all 'healthy' protein powders contains, all the additives and so on).

Many bodybuilders start out from a health angle and come to love the work out kick/wanna see how far they can go. But health is for the most part at the center of it all. So I think it suddenly struck many that those they hailed as heroes the most, when on stage, were those closest to imeadiate death from heart attack, dehydration etc. And that health hadnt just taken the back seat of "physical culture' but fell of the wagon completely sometime in the late 70's early 80's.

Things are changing. WAP are acknowledged not only a proper Bodybuilders diet but a good diet. 
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/depew11.htm

In the various communities (a google search will reveal this, like; http://ausbb.com/general-topic/9173-raw-meat.html) It is a subject brought up again and again. And it shows that not only are most heavy meat eaters, but the bulk of them eat their meat rare or 'bleu' (raw on the inside). fat is again wieved as very important. Expect to see a sudden burst of raw paleo bodybuilders and crossfit athletes. Its brewing, but 3 decades of relentless conditioning doesnt just go away over night.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk