EMF's
« on: February 25, 2011, 04:02:38 am »
Are EMF's a legit concern?

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: EMF's
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:11:31 am »
Getting out to nature and away from all of this technology from time to time is certainly beneficial, but I would not freak out about it.

I would consider the light coming from such things to be a bigger concern.
For instance, looking at a bright computer screen for hours at night, might not be so good.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:41:06 am »
I personally think it screws with something in our bodies but not enough research has been done on the topic.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 10:58:24 am »
...not enough research has been done on the topic.
True... prepare to have B. Gates and S. Jobs after you for even speaking such words!

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 04:37:51 pm »
What's an EMF?

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 03:47:17 am »
Electro-Magnetic-Field... I think
It is an invisible energy coming out of your computer and cell phone and (allegedly) destroying your body.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 08:47:21 am »
I think it's a significant issue. I have lots of difficulty falling to sleep. When the power went out through our whole neighborhood at like 8pm I felt really relaxed and just fell asleep on the couch... when the electricity came back on I shifted back.

Cellphones too. There have even been senate hearings regarding cellphone radiation being cancer causing - you can look them up on youtube.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 02:49:40 am »
I think it's a significant issue. I have lots of difficulty falling to sleep. When the power went out through our whole neighborhood at like 8pm I felt really relaxed and just fell asleep on the couch... when the electricity came back on I shifted back.
I sleep better when there's a power outage as well but it's because I'm forced to listen to my circadian rhythm as opposed to fighting it with artificial light. Give yourself a week without using lights or watching TV at night and you'll probably notice a similar experience.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 03:26:28 pm »
Well I rarely watch TV, and of course I turn off all the lights before bed(ahh you mean like for many hours before bed? sit around for hours in the dark doing nothing?). I even wear a blindfold. I still get very restless unless I take melatonin or all the area's power goes out ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk