Author Topic: Should you throw away fish intestines and/or stomach even if the fish is tiny  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
In my other thread about intestines and tripe I got a few good answers but not many. Mainly about intestines. I heard the inuit threw away the intestines and maybe even the stomach and gave it to the dogs. Now for a fish with the risk of parasites, should we throw away the intestines and stomach(if it has one) even if it is a tiny fish like a sardine or a big fish like tuna , or should we eat the fish whole intestines and stomach and all?

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Unfortunately no replies to this question, but it is addressed elsewhere on the Forum where general wisdom suggests that very tiny fish may be eaten whole and raw, since it is difficult to extract the tiny intestines.   For much larger fish the liver may be eaten like other liver, though it may not be as palatable.   Considering intestines and other organs, also less palatable, remember most fish parasites need to live in fish for survival and would probably die in a person, causing no lasting harm.   Assuming one would want to eat these and enjoy the bitter taste, they might well be very beneficial, and it would be interesting to hear from any who may have eaten these.   Eskimo dogs eat fish intestines, apparently without problems, and, if tiny intestines can be eaten, why not larger ones?   As we discard intestines while catching your fish at sea, you would probably need to catch your own fish so you can try them?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
I cannot count the number of tiny raw fish I have eaten because they are tiny, tiny shrimp too.

Same with shell fish and squid (just remove the clear spine / back).

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I've been doing more fish lately, and have eaten the small fish intact without issues, and have at times ate the guts of large fish, just to taste test, Im not too familiar with all the parts and pieces..... some parts taste fine, but parts of the actual stomach and gallbladder taste really bitter.

Just last week I blended an entire sardine with some sheep stomach, and made a pudding, which wasn't bad....The blendteck does a good job of blending the bones of small to medium size fish so I can consume the whole animal without having to worry about gagging on bone bits.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I've been doing more fish lately, and have eaten the small fish intact without issues, and have at times ate the guts of large fish, just to taste test, Im not too familiar with all the parts and pieces..... some parts taste fine, but parts of the actual stomach and gallbladder taste really bitter.

Just last week I blended an entire sardine with some sheep stomach, and made a pudding, which wasn't bad....The blendteck does a good job of blending the bones of small to medium size fish so I can consume the whole animal without having to worry about gagging on bone bits.

I have a Vitamix. I should have already been doing this.

The Bass-o-matic!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk