Author Topic: Raw meat combined with cooked vegetables/starches  (Read 8762 times)

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Raw meat combined with cooked vegetables/starches
« on: March 08, 2011, 11:56:53 pm »
Hi,

What is this situation with the above combination? I know it is less than ideal, but is it feasible? I have combined raw meat and raw veg and it just doesn't go!

Anyone regularly eat raw meat with cooked veg/starches?

Is there a potential parasite issue with eating raw meat with cooked veg?

Cheers,

Phil

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw meat combined with cooked vegetables/starches
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 11:58:38 pm »
Parasites are a non-issue. And never mix animal foods and plant foods together- keep at least 30 minutes between eating the two types of food, as they require different digestive juices etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 12:34:55 am »
Yeah, don't eat starches and meats/fats together. It gives me indigestion too. It's especially bad, if you sandwich eating the starches between eating meats during a meal.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 12:50:36 am »
I would suggest resting 45-60 minutes between the two, at least.
When I eat cooked veggies I leave about an hour in between, and eat them with lots of raw oil/butter.
IMO Parasites are not an issue, especially because I almost always eat cooked veggies with spicy plants/garlic.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 12:52:58 am »
Bad combination.

Never mix.

Eat sequentially at worst, meat first.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 01:12:58 am »
YOU MIGHT DIE FROM THIS COMBINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding, its really not that dramatic of answer
.....try it out, see if it agrees with your health

that is currently how i eat.  ill have some warmed winter and summer squashes, carrots, jicama, jerusalem artichoke, onions, green beans and peas, herbs....with all kinds of lettuce, green herbs...etc and through in a big chunk raw of elk or bison, beef, lamb, fish, slightly cooked chicken(dont have a good source right now) warmed livers, this works really well for me...i cant do high sugar or super low carb and like things warmed in the winter....i live at 8000 feet in the mountains and its cold......my eating habits generally vary by the season(i forage and grow food)...seriuosly see what works for you, just as goodsamaritan says "never mix" i myself would not feel to well after eating  watery fruit and no water during the winter, to each his own...i had to try out all different ways but this is what i have found to be best right now..i have only been sick from meet once in a year or two, and its my fault why...

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 07:04:19 am »
I second what jessica said. You might actually find combining RAF with cooked vegetable starches beneficial and easier to digest, in most cases that's true for me. It also depends what starches - white bread doesn't taste good with raw meat, but rye-type breads taste good with just about anything. Other combinations to consider are potatoes with raw fish/meat, etc. I think tubers would be the most suitable.

Also, I often experience the opposite of what food combining theories suggest.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 12:35:12 pm »
Also, I often experience the opposite of what food combining theories suggest.

hmm.. I will experiment with this.
Now that I think of it...
Most cultures combine starch and flesh.
It might not be ideal but it should be noted.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 12:46:39 pm »
if you think about it, most food combining is based on two main things: decreasing 'stress' of digestion and avoiding or minimizing fermentation.

the thing about eating this way is (according to food combining) going to take more energy to digest and a longer period of time. So if you eat 1 meal like this at the end of the day -even according to following food combing principles - is not much of an issue in regards to eating more food on top of already digesting food etc...like most people eat. Ditto eating two spaced out meals a day...also not much of an issue.

Now, supposedly these types of foods requires different enzymes and such and there could possibly be some fermentation of the starches or even meats - particularly because they are raw and would be assimilated quicker otherwise. Hearing all viewpoints and science on this, this does seem to rest mainly in the realm of the theoretical no matter how clear it seems to most people. So I guess if there already is a answer to "why do this?" that makes sense to someone then this part also ultimately isn't much of a concern.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 09:53:23 am »
Combining itself can also decrease digestive stress. Combinations can comfort the stomach, ease digestion, promote absorption, most importantly in conditions that complicate this including gastroparesis. This concerns the basic food combining theories, not limited to raw meat (raw meat can be comfortable enough on its own).

hmm.. I will experiment with this.
Now that I think of it...
Most cultures combine starch and flesh.
It might not be ideal but it should be noted.

It's better to eat starch with an animal product than by itself, as starch particles can create instability and acidic conditions that can be prevented by combining. If you are going to eat flesh with starch, you're better of eating the meat raw anyway.

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 09:07:13 pm »
I attempted raw meat with cooked non-starch veg (it was onion) and it did not work at all!

So could raw meat with cooked starch work better?
I have also tried raw meat and raw starch and that is a definite NO NO!!!

Thanks,

Phil

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 05:43:00 pm »
I attempted raw meat with cooked non-starch veg (it was onion) and it did not work at all!
Phil

Protein PLUS sugar (in any form) is always a very bad combination, IMO.

A recipe for indigestion, bloating, gas, smelliness...

Raw meat + cooked starchless vegetables seems to agree with my system quite well. Nevertheless I usually never eat vegetables because I always feel weak, tired and sluggish after eating such rubbish.

Löwenherz

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 06:59:00 pm »

I have also tried raw meat and raw starch and that is a definite NO NO!!!

Thanks,

Phil

Just curious, what do you mean by "did not work at all"??  Did you get sick?  I am curious what symptoms you experienced.

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 09:54:32 pm »
Just curious, what do you mean by "did not work at all"??  Did you get sick?  I am curious what symptoms you experienced.

Eating raw meat with some onion gave me indigestion and stomach pain. Very very mild, but enough to want to avoid doing that again.

Raw meat with raw starch was another story. Proper stomach ache! Definite poor combination.

It seems to me like any cooked food combines with any cooked food. Food combining seems more important when eating raw.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 10:08:37 pm »
Eating raw meat with some onion gave me indigestion and stomach pain. Very very mild, but enough to want to avoid doing that again.

Raw meat with raw starch was another story. Proper stomach ache! Definite poor combination.

It seems to me like any cooked food combines with any cooked food. Food combining seems more important when eating raw.

I know what you are talking about, the last 3 times I ate cooked food, whether vegetables or meat, my stomach throbbed horribly, followed by some indigestion.  It is like a strong pulse in my abdominal area, the blood vessels extending to that region become enlarged, like all my blood is going there.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 01:50:53 am »
What raw starch did you eat?

Offline deletemyaccount

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 03:36:05 am »
After zero-carbing for over year, I had problems dighesting starchy carbs with raw meat as well. However, after a week everything was gone, perfect digestion, insomnia gone, strength in the up 85%. If you have trouble eating raw meat with simple things such as papaya, pibneapple, squashes, carrots...then your digestive system needs some help but not the kind where you avoid foods and you're scared to eat proteolytic fruits or simple starch and shit your pants after eating them raw. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk