Author Topic: any raw animal products safe from parasites ?  (Read 39124 times)

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: any raw animal products safe from parasites ?
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2014, 05:53:43 am »
The opposite is true.

"Factory salmon farms often confine hundreds of thousands of fish in highly restrictive net pens for all of their adult life. By one estimate, a mature salmon has the equivalent of a bathtub of ocean water. As one fish biologist remarked, "Within one sea loch we've got 25 times as many farm salmon as there are wild salmon for the whole west coast of Scotland."

Salmon farms, consequently, are ideal incubators for parasites and infectious diseases that are then spread to adjacent farms and to wild fish. These outbreaks are impossible to quarantine; mass escapes from salmon farms and the normal flow of tides and currents spread diseases and parasites to other fish over very wide areas."

source:
http://www.puresalmon.org/diseases_parasites.html

Thanks for that. I was under the impression (not even sure where I read about it) that farmed salmon was safer because they aren't out in the wild eating other fish and being exposed. Also, I thought that was one reason they farmed salmon for sashimi (besides higher fat content) was because it's safer.

The rest of your post is full of errors in reasoning, "anecdotal evidence is still evidence" is like saying "superstitious thinking is still thinking". adjectives change the meaning of the words following them, they aren't "the same" in the sense that anecdotal evidence isn't near as concrete as some other kinds of evidence or reasoning just like superstitious thinking isn't hardly any good at all. Even double blind studies can be biased or narrow minded/misleading based on monetary incentives and such things, nothing in life is foolproof, the best bet has always been deductive reasoning of a trained mind, you have to train your own mind to think for itself rather than simply take in information from websites telling you things like raw food is good because it's "pure" or that governments are evil because they try to influence populations away from living off of potato chips with food guide pyramids, since they are not perfect entities, just forces to try and help maintain order.

My point was that most people get information off of this forum just by listening to the community's experiences and thoughts. It doesn't mean you blindly rely on what someone tells you is right. But when someone posts on here that this is their first time eating raw meat, they are scared, etc., we all reply with our thoughts and experiences. We give tips and tricks to help you start, all that good stuff. And then the person feels a little better about it, or whatever happens. That's all just talk, but it does help someone. I'm just confused about what you're so upset about. Most of this forum is about sharing thoughts and experiences with our lifestyles either for the sake of sharing it, or to help other people.
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2014, 08:45:57 am »
Thanks for that. I was under the impression (not even sure where I read about it) that farmed salmon was safer because they aren't out in the wild eating other fish and being exposed.

Concentrated marine feeding always has the fish cooped up in less volume of water than they would experience in the wild. Even when the pens are enormous for larger fish, they are cramped for space. "Safer" should include eating their natural diet in their natural habitat. Farmed salmon are fed processed fish meal and fish oil from caught fish. Sometimes corn, if I recall correctly. Farmed salmon live in polluted water - polluted by their own excrement. Farmed salmon flesh is often artificially colored orange because deficiencies turn their flesh pale.

Also, I thought that was one reason they farmed salmon for sashimi (besides higher fat content) was because it's safer.

Yeahright, safer from the fisherman's point of view - no open sea to navigate, no overfishing.

My point was that most people get information off of this forum just by listening to the community's experiences and thoughts. It doesn't mean you blindly rely on what someone tells you is right. But when someone posts on here that this is their first time eating raw meat, they are scared, etc., we all reply with our thoughts and experiences. We give tips and tricks to help you start, all that good stuff. And then the person feels a little better about it, or whatever happens. That's all just talk, but it does help someone. I'm just confused about what you're so upset about. Most of this forum is about sharing thoughts and experiences with our lifestyles either for the sake of sharing it, or to help other people.

My take is that most of the information on this forum comes from reliable books and articles about ancestral eating. If all our encouragement to the newbie was based on a few personal experiences, this would be a dangerous forum. Anecdotal evidence is what has led our modern generation down a path to malnutrition and disease. For one example, look at bottle feeding of infants, or mass consumption of breakfast cereals, or low-fat low-cholesterol diets, all based on anecdotes and invalid science. IMO, if an anecdote doesn't fit the science, it's bogus.

I've seen it here, where someone will come with their anecdote, such as "such-and-such healed my dog's tumors," and then they recommend "such-and-such" as the solution to everybody else's problem, even though "such-and-such" wasn't a raw paleo food!

There is a wealth of well-conducted, well-written nutritional science written by people who understand what they are writing about. Anecdotes are no longer necessary to get at the truth.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

moringa82

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2014, 05:30:19 pm »
The safest possible raw foods are fruits, eggs, and meats like lamb or beef which had healthy environments and circumstances of their own.

you forgot milk and dairy.

Offline panacea

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 10:29:33 pm »
milks of other mammals are very unbalanced foods for humans, and degrades too quickly outside of the mammal when truly raw, it's not a good idea unless it's completely fresh and in moderation, so I didn't forget anything

moringa82

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 11:14:33 pm »
milks of other mammals are very unbalanced foods for humans, and degrades too quickly outside of the mammal when truly raw, it's not a good idea unless it's completely fresh and in moderation, so I didn't forget anything

really?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2014, 12:16:59 am »
yes really.
i do not use raw milk as a staple food for my children.
it is more like a treat, say once a month or less.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

moringa82

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2014, 08:09:49 pm »
yes really.
i do not use raw milk as a staple food for my children.
it is more like a treat, say once a month or less.

people cure ''incurable'' diseases with grass fed raw milk fast. (1- 2 gallons/ day)...

camel's being nr.1(best)
yak's nr.2
bison's/buffalo's nr.3
horse's nr. 4
sheep's nr. 5
goat's nr. 6
cow's nr. 7

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2014, 08:25:38 pm »
people cure ''incurable'' diseases with grass fed raw milk fast. (1- 2 gallons/ day)...

Moringa, how do you get 1 - 2 gallons of milk per day to provide a ZC/LC profile? I don't have values for all the milks you listed, but cow's milk would provide around 200 - 400 g carbohydrates in the amounts you mention. Isn't that stretching the range of ZC/LC by a lot?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2014, 08:26:46 pm »

Yes, in the final stage of healing my son's intestinal wreck I used grass fed cow's milk exclusively for 3 weeks on him.  He was on a raw milk fast.  I went to the mountain supplier every 4 days to get our supply.  It worked to get the form of stool I wanted.

But after those 3 weeks he was getting constipated on raw milk.  So we knew its role was done.

Today, raw milk is just a treat when it is available. 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline panacea

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2014, 11:53:06 pm »
If you fast on grass fed raw milk assuming it's fresh, it's fine in moderation, and if it's even processed a little it won't hurt you nearly as bad as many other foods out there, such as heavily processed foods or grains, after all it's a raw animal food, but it's still not balanced nutritionally at all, and there are far better animal foods, like raw beef, or for hydration - raw fruit juice, which are better at their specific roles.

People can be cured of "incurable" diseases just by fasting, breathing correctly, etc. It's simply doing something better than you were before. For example, if when people go up in spaceships, they suddenly became healthier, a logical person doesn't assume that outerspace is healing, but rather that their lifestyle radically changed.

So, when you fast on nothing but raw milk, the major change here is that you aren't eating all of the worse foods you were before, not that raw milk is balanced or magically healing in any way.

Of course, to simple minded common folk, the idea that people are cured while fasting on raw milk or using pyramid crystals is undeniable proof that those diets or methods are absolutely correct. These people need to read books on logic and deduction, rather than debate with other humans.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2014, 10:41:56 am »
so why isn't everybody on RVAF then ?

years ago i went on a steroid forum and they assured me taking steroids was safe.  so i started doing them and followed all the precautions and did everything the right way and still ran into all sorts of problems.  there is a reason why every guy is not on steroids - that stuff is not safe.

i want to believe you, but i no longer believe anything without a proof.

Are you serious or are you just trolling? You actually believed somebody who told you steroids are safe online, and you just believed them? WOW. I think we ALL know steroids are dangerous and bad for your health.  There are so many other treads regarding parasites, why bother the rest of us with this pointless thread. Do your research and make up your own mind. That's why God gave us a brain and free will. If your worried about parasites (which like GS said are all around us) maybe you should live in a glass bubble. Nobody's going to hold your hand on each and every step. Please search the website. You will find all, if not most of your answers already answered for you. Good luck in your journey.  BTW most people on this site know the truth about the RPD. The proof is in the pudding! I rest my case.  :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:12:04 am by Chris »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2016, 10:48:17 am »
we ust stop fearing nature. Parasites are our friends.

Dr. Joel Weinstock of the university of iowa cured critically ill chrons patients by innoculating their guts with trichinosis worms. 6 months later when the cure wore off they came back begging for more.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2016, 05:57:03 pm »
we ust stop fearing nature. Parasites are our friends.

Dr. Joel Weinstock of the university of iowa cured critically ill chrons patients by innoculating their guts with trichinosis worms. 6 months later when the cure wore off they came back begging for more.

I wouldn't touch trich worms. Hookworms, on the other hand, are much safer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk