Author Topic: Liana's Journal  (Read 16994 times)

Offline LvB

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Liana's Journal
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 10:20:10 pm »
Those of us on this forum, by and large, eat the way we do for health benefits and/or due to underlying health reasons. Many on Charles' forum eat ZC to lose weight.
This is what I meant in my previous post about how many people (mostly on Charles' forum) eat ZC because they want to look good. Some of them do stick with it because they actually feel better, or it suits their digestion better. Personally, I'm at an ideal weight and body composition for myself, so I am not really concerned with occasional carbs and a little bit of fat gain now and then, which isn't likely anyway if I stick to vlc, which I plan on doing if I eat any plant foods at all. I decided to go zc because of the health benefits, like smoother digestion and more steady energy. I don't think I ever became totally keto-adapted, but I did find that somehow I was automatically better at sprinting and had this seemingly (compared to the past) endless supply of energy, because of being a fat burner. It's still possible to maintain a keto diet while vlc, which is why I'm not scared of a little fruit or vegetables now and then. I may stick to carnivore more often though, because recently when I had insulin triggered hunger, it was really annoying and difficult to ignore, while when carnivore I just don't have to deal with that.

Van could you please explain what you mean? On the zerocarb forum Charles does not say any of this...

Nicola

I may be wrong, but it could be that there's no rush or drive from carbs or sugars which might make a person feel more like working out (energy from sugar and carbs comes in short bursts, compared to steady energy from fat). Personally, though I disagree, as I just ate a large amount of fat (nearly 1/4 lb of raw butter, which turns out to be too much for me, because I'm feeling a little nauseous) and despite the slight queasiness, I feel super energized. Almost like getting hyper from sugar, but without the jittery feelings, and without the energy crash.

It could also be referring to how when on a zc diet, exercise isn't required for fat loss, and the large intake of protein on the diet prevents muscle loss. If someone used to be motivated to exercise for this reason, they need to find a new motivation.  Mine is just for the sake of getting and staying strong (body weight training) and just generally feeling awesome (parkour and sprinting).

To be honest, lately I haven't been smart about doing my workouts early rather than later, since this is when my motivation and energy is still high. For the past 2 or 3 weeks I have only managed to fit 1 or 2 workouts in per week, and I would prefer 3 or even 4. This morning, before eating the butter, I tried doing pullups on an empty stomach. I have found that even short intermittent fasting sessions cause me to gain strength faster, as long as I work out hard and consistently. However it seems that lately my workouts are worse when I do this, I don't know if it's because of the lack of exercise lately, or if I need to eat more fat (which is why I tried eating so much butter). Unfortunately, it's probably the lack of exercise, which then leads to more lack of exercise, because part of me is always afraid of backtracking.

About the kidney stones, for a little while I did eat maybe %30 or %20 cooked meat. Honestly, I learned that it gets boring so much faster than raw meats, though even with raw meats once in a while I feel like at least just lightly searing something for a change of pace. So now it's more like 5% cooked. I don't mind the thought of foraging for wild herbs, in fact it's been something I've been wanting to do anyway, so this may just be another reason for me to get off my ass and do it finally.

I need to vent some frustrations now. Dealing with all of these issues has been much harder for me lately, probably because I chose a combination of classes this semester which are all very very time consuming. It's very exhausting, and takes away from my time and energy to plan and do other things that are important to me.

Some good news though: the nausea is gone, but I still feel plenty of energy. I think I'm gonna go try those pullups again now.

Offline LvB

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Liana's Journal
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 10:36:37 pm »
I'm already changing my mind about the raw butter. It makes me feel bloated and gassy, and now I just feel like crap. Tired too. My brain still feels like it's got the energy, but my body feels like I just want to take a nap. I'm getting that raw suet as soon as possible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk