Author Topic: Squall's Journal  (Read 15143 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Squall's Journal
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 12:02:56 am »
A panicky feeling sounds as though the adrenals are being overstretched - my advice is to go raw but add in plenty of  raw carbs until the problem goes away(not veggie-juice or liquid honey, however raw, I mean raw fruit and raw honeycomb)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Busgrw

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 12:17:48 am »
A panicky feeling sounds as though the adrenals are being overstretched - my advice is to go raw but add in plenty of  raw carbs until the problem goes away(not veggie-juice or liquid honey, however raw, I mean raw fruit and raw honeycomb)

Thanks for the advice Tyler. However, would this not defeat my progress of trying to attain low/zero carb or would eating raw fruit for a while first actually help my chances?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 02:10:50 am »
Thanks for the advice Tyler. However, would this not defeat my progress of trying to attain low/zero carb or would eating raw fruit for a while first actually help my chances?

If the adrenals are to blame, then an extreme diet like zero-carb(or indeed mostly-raw-carb such as raw vegan) would not be a good idea. Why not just go low-carb(or very low-carb) for a while? You can always ease into zero-carb once you've healed a bit more. It's just that far fewer people have issues with raw foods(primarily allergies) , whereas quite a lot of people have problems on a zero-carb diet(over-stressed adrenals have been cited as 1 reason for problems with the latter) - so it makes sense to try the easier option first.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Busgrw

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 07:29:54 pm »
If the adrenals are to blame, then an extreme diet like zero-carb(or indeed mostly-raw-carb such as raw vegan) would not be a good idea. Why not just go low-carb(or very low-carb) for a while? You can always ease into zero-carb once you've healed a bit more. It's just that far fewer people have issues with raw foods(primarily allergies) , whereas quite a lot of people have problems on a zero-carb diet(over-stressed adrenals have been cited as 1 reason for problems with the latter) - so it makes sense to try the easier option first.

Fully agree with you Tyler. I'll be adapting my strategy for the next couple of months to a low carb RAF diet until my adrenals have improved.

Cheers.

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2008, 06:08:07 am »

But what about fat consumption? Reduce it, increase it, keep it steady? I have no problem dealing with panicky feelings from eating fat. I've experienced enough to know that they are self-limiting. I just don't want to do anything that could possibly worsen any pre-existing condition.
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2008, 06:01:28 pm »
But what about fat consumption? Reduce it, increase it, keep it steady? I have no problem dealing with panicky feelings from eating fat. I've experienced enough to know that they are self-limiting. I just don't want to do anything that could possibly worsen any pre-existing condition.

Not sure, to be honest. At the nd of the day, all one can do is experiment to find what works for one as an individual. I personally find very large amounts of  fat not necessary(but only harmful if on zero-carb).
" Ron Paul.

Busgrw

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 04:41:55 am »
Other than that, I recall feeling very panicky after eating some yesterday with a barely noticeable breathing difficulty. It took about an hour for that to go away. I've noticed similar things with beef suet, whether its partially cooked or completely raw. Also, it seems like I get a recurring lower flank pain a little while after I eat the stuff that lasts for a few hours.

Hey Squall,

Any update on your panicky symptoms when eating high amounts of fat? Is it still happening? Interested to know if you persevered with eating the same amounts of fat until the symptoms died away!!

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 07:04:31 am »
Hey Squall,

Any update on your panicky symptoms when eating high amounts of fat? Is it still happening? Interested to know if you persevered with eating the same amounts of fat until the symptoms died away!!

Sorry its been so long since last posting.

I actually haven't eaten any large amounts of raw fat in quite some time. I've been pretty much sticking with the fat content in the ground chili meat I got from Slankers. I do notice, however, that I get similar symptoms from even cooked meals with high fat. It won't be until after the holidays that I'll get a good stretch of time to eat almost all raw with extra fat.
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk