Author Topic: Why I have been banned from a vegetarian forum  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Franksonv

• Forager
    • View Profile
Why I have been banned from a vegetarian forum
« on: April 23, 2011, 08:26:01 pm »
I really don't understand why veggieboards banned me, and I don't suppose you would know the answer, but reading this forum I assume a lot of you have tried that diet, so maybe you would know the answer. I posted a survey to them not about diet, but instead other issues, and I wanted to know their opinion, but they didn't answer. Here it is:

""So I tell you first, you not going to like this, and I know almost all of you would defend your lifestyle in any way, but please try to answer neutrally, not aggressively or condescendingly.

1. I have heard from several vegans and vegetarians that it is natural for a carnivorous animal to eat meat. So I assume, that because they don't eat or use animal products, they not only protest against the conditions of the said animals, but also think that it is not natural for them to eat meat. So they wouldn't eat animal products even if they had treated the animals humanely, right?

2. So running along this logic, if you had the power, would you force (for example by a law that prohibits all animal products) every human on Earth to follow the same diet? (assume that everybody would follow the law, or you would have the power to keep it)

3. I also hear that some groups (like ALF), would like to achieve total animal freedom, on of their members said that, one of the last step would be to don't have pets, since we have control over pets, they can't be free. And because we are not capable to ask them (like a human, to know what they truly want), we have to let them go. What is your opinion?

4. By myself I have gone further, I have read lots of articles (most of them were scientific not just hoaxes), that if every one on earth would be vegan, we wouldn't have enough room for all the crops and domesticated plants to maintain a healthy diet, so we would need to parcel more from natural habitats. And we would also have to count the overpopulation. Do you think it is possible to sustain a vegan economy or not? Would you agree some form of birth control or not? Why?
An example: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/7219223/Becoming-vegetarian-can-harm-the-environment.html

5. I have also hear an issue about a group, who's research showed that plant do feel pain and have other complex sensors, what "we previously and incorrectly attributed only to animals". I have looked into it further and eventually found a group, what because of this became "fruitarian", and they only eat fruits what have fallen to the ground. What do you think?

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/plants/news-feeling-plants-how-sensitive-flora
http://www.thenewearth.org/fruit.html
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/065njdoe.asp
(ignore the news-writer's personal sarcastic sentences)

6. I was wondering if plants feel pain? Then what about insects, one of friends is a vegan (he maintains the he is, and he always eats that kind of food), but when we were invited to an "exotic" restaurant, he tried a chocolate covered apple, what was also spinned in a box what contained fried maggots, so the maggots covered the chocolate coat. When I asked him, that I though vegans don't use any kind of animal products, he said it is only unethical to use products which were created from animals, which can suffer. And he thinks bugs can't feel pain. I have looked into it, and some article said that insects and other animals lower on the food chain don't have the right nerve cells to feel pain, and they only feel heat or cold, so they can get away from it. But what if our scientific findings are not perfect and they actually feel pain, but we can't recognize the correct ones ones, because we view them from the same perspective, that use to other animals? Your thoughts?

http://www.utilitarian-essays.com/insect-pain.html

7. Getting into consideration the effects of the nourishment of nearly 7 billion people (by 2050 10 billion) by vegan means, my conclusion was that it couldn't work forever. Harmonizing this need with the concept of animal freedom, or freedom of nature, I think we should leave the planet (imagine we would have the technology), and produce our synthetic food and resources from the gas giants and the asteroids, and after that from other lifeless solar-systems, and leave Earth to itself and life. Would you consent to this kind of adventurous, but dangerous future?

8. My last question is about the development of consciousness in animals. (I am asking this because beanz76 said that animals do not kill other animals because of sport or cruelty). My personal opinion is that, humans are not different from animals, we only have a higher level of consciousness. And we have several animals which stand behind us only by a step. So I think the higher consciousness an animal has, the wider array of conscious actions it has at its disposal, plainly: if it has a higher consciousness it can understand the nature of pain, causing pain, and the effects of pain, so it can cause pain out of cruelty or revenge, just like us.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/22/science/22chimp.html?_r=1
http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/elephants-remember-to-take-revenge/2006/02/16/1140064203387.html""
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 10:55:43 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Why I have been banned from a vegetarian forum
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 08:54:07 pm »
I felt a tinge of pain when I saw the length of your post btw your not in Ireland your IP says Hungary.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 10:07:53 pm »
Are you interested in going on a raw paleo diet?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 11:02:17 pm »
    How do you eat?  Are you making changes?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk