Author Topic: bugs  (Read 2673 times)

rawrock2

bugs
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:37:38 pm »
I may be on the wrong forum but I'll ask anyway.  How many people here eat bugs?  (larvae, roaches, maggots, crickets, worms, etc. raw & live of course)  I would like to start and I'm been reading a forum concerning it but I thought I should see the responses here before I search elsewhere.  Maybe start off with mealworms, ants, and/or roaches.  (raise my own in a container farm or something like that)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 06:44:47 pm »
I tried eating (dead) maggots before and they tasted foul. I've also eaten the eggs(pre-maggot-stage) the flies laid - didn't taste good, either, though that mght be psychosomatic due to horror of insects. Pre-rawpalaeo, I would accidentally swallow live insects while bicycling didn't taste of anything, AFAIK.

You'll find a lot of info on the net re eating bugs under various ethnic cuisines. The aborigines ate the witchetty grub for its fat, the africans and  chinese eat grasshoppers(cooked?) etc. etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

rawrock2

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 06:54:19 pm »
I tried eating (dead) maggots before and they tasted foul. I've also eaten the eggs(pre-maggot-stage) the flies laid

Guess you can eat meat even when flies are on it and laying their eggs.  I remember the guy in the movie "Into The Wild" saying that once the creepy-crawlers (flies, insects, etc.) have gotten to the meat that it's 'too late'.  Boy was he wrong.  :P

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 07:03:52 am »
Ya that's a shame that boy died for that stupid reason.

But anyway, I was thinking of starting the bug eating with cooked bugs and then getting comfortable with that before trying raw.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk