Author Topic: hi  (Read 4929 times)

Offline elysianisis

• Forager
  • Rawl
    • View Profile
hi
« on: May 02, 2011, 05:43:59 pm »
Wow this rocks!
  Up until recently I didn't know that what I was doing was actually a "Diet"!!
   Lol, thought I was just crazy  ;D
My version may be a little extreme but I believe there are as many different diets as there are people.  Anybody in California? Been straight raw for nearly 5 years now... it's awesome, never been so healthy.
   Hope to hear from someone close by, its really cool to know you're not alone :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:26:19 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:27:46 pm »
Lex Rooker and others, here, are based in California. Plus, there is a whole Primal-Diet community in the Los-Angeles area. So, what is your variation like, exactly?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:36:15 pm »
Welcome!
Know that feeling. Read about the enzymes in raw food and wanted to eat raw. I was nowhere near ready to go raw vegan so I googled “eating raw meat”, raw eggs etc. Thought I was crazy to even dare google it but surprise surprise there is a forum for us fools  ;D

5 years raw, wow that’s awesome. Did you eat grass-fed or just regular meat? You must be so healthy. Any truth to AV’s (aajonus vonderplanitz) claim that you can do with 4 hours sleep when completely raw for several years?

I’m curious what do you eat throughout a typical day? I live on meat, butter, eggs, liver, homemade raw milk kefir, raw cheese, vegetable smoothy’s and a little fuit and honey. Oh and fresh living sprouts (because of their nutrient density) in the smoothy’s.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:31:43 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 02:41:02 am »
Welcome!
How did you get into this ?

Offline elysianisis

• Forager
  • Rawl
    • View Profile
Hi everyone
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 03:46:45 am »
   sorry for the late response.  I'll try and answer the best I can.  Haven't been on a forum before.
   for the first.  My variation.  Before I go further I have to stress that I am under alot of pressure to look a certain way.  I usually eat one meal a day, usually late evening, or early if i'm terribly hungry.   I go by weight, not calories.  2.5 lbs is perfect for me.
   I'm not particular about the beef.  I'll eat it out of the package from wherever. Never been sick in the five years ever. Lean muscle meat. Just cows honestly, no organs and no fat. I trim all that off.  I noticed alot advocate fat.  It may work for them, for me, even the slightest increase causes a "thickening".  No dairy of any form, no veggies, no fruit, no alcohol.
  But i smoke and guzzle down diet coke, i know my bad.
  Oh, and three sticks of sugar free gum.
  I have stressed it is an extreme form which I take, "please don't stone me"
  But in all honestly, I am in top shape (I think,) My husband and I do traditional archery daily and my job requires high energy ( you're constantly facing the public)  The diet gives me what I need.

To the poster who asked about the four hours of sleep.  Yes, you can function.  But personally i need my sleep, i find it catches up after a couple of nights.

Did I mention coffee? ... I would trade a kidney for the last cup on earth, if it came down to that of course.
My pics are open on my FB page, just to honestly show i don't look like Death freeze dried

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 04:16:27 am »
Welcome!

Do you eat something besides meat? Also why diet coke? Are you avoiding carbs?

Offline elysianisis

• Forager
  • Rawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 04:37:03 am »
No  :'(.  Just 2- 2.5 lbs of lean muscle meat and a little salt...daily, I know, I am the world's cheapest date...if you were a butcher.
You're right about the diet coke, I avoid all carbs, they make me feel sluggish and lethargic almost instantly.  A very heavy feeling.  I've tried incorporating them a couple of times, just to please my mother and make her call off having me 51/50'd.  They just don't work, feel heavy and grumpy all day.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 02:10:46 pm »
Interesting to see it's working for you. Most here would get rabbit starvation from that much lean meat without fat. 2,5 lbs meat is a bunch I eat half that in a day. But I eat a lot of fat and dairy. Ever tried eating less but fattier to avoid thickening? I've had days with very little fat and lots of lean meat without big problems but no energy, felt exhausted.

Coffee.. wel I must admit I'm still on the stuff too! cut it down to one cup a day, sometimes 2.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline elysianisis

• Forager
  • Rawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 04:43:48 am »
Yay coffee!!! My one little evil  -d
I've tried upping the fat ( just fattier cuts) but there's one thing I didn't mention.  My appetite.  It's Voracious!!  My husband will give me the "Back satan! Back!" look when it comes on.  I try to stick to 2.5 lbs but I can ( I promise u on my son, mom, and pet parakeet) and sometimes go upto 4 lbs.  I kid you not.  Can't move afterward but I sport this very contented smile on my face.  Upping the fat cuts might just make me overload on a calories.
   I could try getting "better" cuts of beef.  free-range, organic etc.  But I have a little miser in me that balks at spending $40+ at say Lassens, for a 1.5 lb chuck cut that i will swallow in seconds.
   Im hoping we ( dh and I) can get in the action when bow hunting season opens.  I've had some fresh field kill before ( venison) and i could instantly feel a difference.
   Oh and happy Mother's day to all the mom's on the forum, I know it's a little early but I might not get a chance to greet everyone on the day

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 12:04:10 am »
You are probably aware that cutting out the aspartame-tainted beverages and gum will be the first step suggested. How long did you consume those in addition to meat?

BTW, where in California do you live?

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 12:51:33 am »
1) how did you get into raw meat eating?
2) You eat grainfed meats? from regular supermarket?? -\

thats what I would like to know please   :)

Coffe and coke on 1 meal a day can be used as serious performance enhancers in sports !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk