Author Topic: Ultimate Longevity Anti-Aging Diet  (Read 11423 times)

Offline davidg

• Forager
    • View Profile
Ultimate Longevity Anti-Aging Diet
« on: September 16, 2008, 10:10:34 pm »
What’s your opinion on the above topic?  If we put all of the weston price tribes in a room and asked this question, what would their reply be?  I am sure genetics/history of the tribe would play a role in the process, but we must consider ourselves pretty spoiled that we have access to just about everything without having to leave our homes.  Would an abundance of organs and fat be at the top of the list?   

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Longevity Anti-Aging Diet
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 10:37:57 pm »
Probably wouldn't get a reply that the entire room would agree on. For instance, what consensus would occur between the mountainous swiss who ate rye and dairy and the Inuit who were nearly entirely carnivore? They might come to the conclusion that modern foods are far too rich in adulterated materials and too sparse in decent nutrients. They would probably also laugh at us for thinking their dietary habits are gross  ;D. I think that's all the consensus you'd get though. They might also tell us to exercise more. Not sure. As far as organs and fat as a priority, I'd have to say that it would depend on the culture. But I don't think they would unanimously agree on their primacy.

I should point out that I'm not an expert on primitive cultures  :(
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Metallica

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 12:57:57 am »
its different for everyone. some its vegetarian based. some animal. some all raw. some all cooked.

the key is wholesome natural organic foods. exercise everyday. relax. probably avoiding tv, computers, cell phones. etc, being outside as much as possible.

genetics makes up a big part.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:05:18 am by Metallica »

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 02:19:17 am »
genetics makes up a big part.

I have always found this claim to be highly speculative. Is there any good evidence to support the mainstream claim that genetics make some people super-men despite Burger King diets and others incessantly sick despite rigid "healthy" diet regimens?
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Metallica

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 04:24:08 am »
some people can eat unhealthy foods and live to 90 ( this is genetics ), some people eat the same foods and die at 50.

also all my relatives lived terribly unhealthy lives lived to 80-90

Vilhjalmur_Stefansson ate the so called optimal diet of lots of raw fish and low carb, died of stroke at 83 however this doesnt surprise me
"However, hunters like the Inuits, who traditionally obtain most of their dietary energy from wild animals and therefore eat a low-carbohydrate diet,[7] seem to have a high mortality from stroke."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilhjalmur_Stefansson

i think by weight 70% of plant and 30% from meat is optimal with maybe some grains and dairy.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 04:32:52 am by Metallica »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 04:43:06 am »
Probably wouldn't get a reply that the entire room would agree on. For instance, what consensus would occur between the mountainous swiss who ate rye and dairy and the Inuit who were nearly entirely carnivore? They might come to the conclusion that modern foods are far too rich in adulterated materials and too sparse in decent nutrients. They would probably also laugh at us for thinking their dietary habits are gross  ;D. I think that's all the consensus you'd get though. They might also tell us to exercise more. Not sure. As far as organs and fat as a priority, I'd have to say that it would depend on the culture. But I don't think they would unanimously agree on their primacy.

I should point out that I'm not an expert on primitive cultures  :(

Weston-Price did investigate numerous, different tribes with widely different diets. However, he did find some common characteristics:- Those tribes he met who had  largely vegetarian diets were the least healthy, while those diets with lots of animal-food-intake were much healthier. He also noted that the healthiest tribes were those which incorporated at least some raw animal food in their diets. The implication is, therefore, that they would have benefitted from more raw animal food in their diet.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 04:59:42 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 06:40:15 am »
Probably wouldn't get a reply that the entire room would agree on. For instance, what consensus would occur between the mountainous swiss who ate rye and dairy and the Inuit who were nearly entirely carnivore?

But the Swiss did not have comparable health to the Inuit.  And really, while Price's work is valuable, he did not take long term data, nor even return to follow up.  He looked at superficial features and counted cavities.  The Swiss had the most caries of any native group he visited, probably because of the heavy starch diet.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 07:21:03 am »
I don't think the swiss or the scots had the same amazing teeth or facial structure IMO as the other countries.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 07:59:50 am »
I come from a both parental bloodlines who are long lived.
Even before I knew about healthy stuff and curing the incurables I already knew my life span was at least 90+ years old. 
One grandpa died at 89 because my aunts and uncles did not know how to cure prostate cancer then, but I do know how to cure cancer now.
One grandma is alive at 83. 
One grandma is alive at 89. I saved her from the hospital and pneumonia at 88.
One grandpa is alive at 99. I saved him from the hospital and pneumonia at 98.

Now that I know what I know I expect no less than 120 years old.

Of course we don't know the future, many people also die of intentional or accidental trauma like accidents or murder.

My personal formula for longevity is as follows:

Live in a place with fresh clean air.
Always get a lot of sunshine.
Diet is RPD.
Vegetation used as herbs and juiced.
Continuously adjust the proportion of raw fruits with raw animal foods.

The continuous adjustments will depend on:
My current age, stage of development, digestive capacity.
The less supplemental water to drink, the better.  I would rather choose fruits as my hydrators rather than plain old water and I don't care if it is distilled, mineral, alkalinized, scalarized or what. 
Always monitor constipation and adjust as needed like adding more fat, or adding more fruit, bowel movement must be awarely continuous.

Always armed with anti-parasitic and anti-microbial herbs and electronic gadgets for future emergencies.

Raise similarly and better educated children and grandchildren so they we will all have big extended families and I will enoy great grandchildren company and be their teacher until the day of reckoning comes.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:03:17 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

William

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 11:04:41 pm »
There's always something to kill us, for instance the Inuit lived in interior air that was full of soot; see modern research on the effect of that on heart disease etc. It was horrendous air pollution, from lighting their homes with burning seal oil.
More southern folks kill themselves with carbohydrates from fruit or seeds etc.

Assuming anyone ever woke up to the reality of a true healthy diet, they are still around, but keep out of sight and keep their mouths tight shut. There is no limit to age, AFAIK, if one can get the right environment including food and water.

Theoretically, the perfect food is something like raw mouse. The only person I ever heard from about the taste, said they taste like greasy fried chicken. Maybe she cooked it, but that indicates that there's enough fat on a mouse.

rawrock2

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 11:26:12 pm »
electronic gadgets for future emergencies

huh?  ???

There is no perfect diet, all depends on where you are in the world.  Even then you might not live until 80 or 90.  I don't think that's the point though, the point is to live a healthy, enjoyable, pain-free life until you die whether it be sooner or later.  As long as you're not agonizing, you're doing fine.  8)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 08:38:10 pm »
Some electronic gadgets we use for electro medicine:
- zappers
- beam ray machines
- pyroenergen

there are a lot more but these are the ones I can get my hands on.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

William

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 10:41:53 pm »
With reference to electro medicine;

I tried the zapper, three different models, and it did no good. I was so ill then that I could not know if it did harm.

All of the findings of the scientists who have studied pulsed electromagnetic radiation show that it does harm. Notably Olle Johanssen of the Karolinska Institute.

I have seen an interesting website that claims that a DC or static electrical field does good, and while it is simply a wire grid above and below your bed connected with a D cell or two, I never got around to trying it.
A little knowledge of how the earth supports life suggests that this static field might be a very good idea, but it's one of those "when I get around to it" things.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 08:36:40 pm »
some people can eat unhealthy foods and live to 90 ( this is genetics ), some people eat the same foods and die at 50.

There can be no other factor other than genetics when it comes to longevity? How can you say one person eats the "same unhealthy foods" as another? Maybe they both don't take healthy diet seriously, but they aren't eating exactly the same foods.

I come from a biology background which heavily emphasizes genetics these days and I find it very suspect and probably just propaganda to pacify people into accepting poor health and eventually purchasing drugs and other therapies and counseling based on the fraudulent "genetics controls everything" hypothesis.

Most of the genetics coincidences with disease were found with families btw, and if you know anything about a family it's that they tend to eat similar foods and have similar lifestyles. In fact even non-family people who are closely genetically related (same tribe) share similar lifestyles, and that alone is enough to confound any of the simple genetic studies out there. The "cancer gene" is really just the "you will get cancer while eating crappy food" gene. Someone with the "breast cancer gene" will not get breast cancer on a RAF regimen, and someone without the "breast cancer gene" might still get it on a SAD regimen. Not to mention that many of the chemicals in todays foods and products cause genetic damage! How in the hell can you point at genetics as a natural and singular cause knowing that kind of thing? That's like saying the Brits have bad teeth due to genetics without looking at the fact that they have been consuming sugar and white bread longer than probably any other race of people in the world, it's stupid.

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 09:27:21 pm »
I come from a biology background which heavily emphasizes genetics these days and I find it very suspect and probably just propaganda to pacify people into accepting poor health and eventually purchasing drugs and other therapies and counseling based on the fraudulent "genetics controls everything" hypothesis.

I second this. I have always felt that the genetic theory of disease was ridiculous. I'm amazed at times with the passivity of some people who might be told a single time by a single doctor that they have bad genes. So they go and get a dozen prescriptions. I almost wonder if genes or disease doesn't even matter to them so much as the fact that they get to take some legal drugs or some such. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only person who feels this way about the genetic theory of disease!

- Bertrand Russell

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 12:13:52 am »
Just want to say I agree as well  :)
Maybe the way one expressed poor health is genetic, but poor health certainly can be prevented.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 03:44:11 am »
Good comment Raw Kyle!  I must add that I, too, agree with you there.

Genetics are increasingly blamed as the cause of everything!  Genetic medical therapies are a sure-fire multi-billion dollar industry of the future.  Perhaps there is recognised genetic damage but what's important is WHAT IS CAUSING THIS DAMAGE?!  Food, pollution, lifestyle.  Simple really.  Fix those things and, strangely, the 'genetic' diseases will be slowly eradicated over the course of multiple generations.  But, realistically, we all know that's not going to happen.  The knowledge and technology is there to turn this whole ship around now but the short-sightedness and/or greed of some is slowing that change and will maybe even prevent it altogether.  All we can do is be a part of the solution.

I'm commencing my Biological Sciences degree next week.  Hopefully, I'll be a part of the solution eventually and help get to the bottom of some of these issues.  Maintaining a perspective of the 'big picture' instead of getting obsessed in the detail (such as the genetic 'symptoms' of disease) is paramount, I think.

Michael

1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 12:22:35 pm »
Environment, lifestyle and the mind controls genetic expression. Genes are only a blue print that needs external stimuli to express themselves.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 12:25:15 pm »
It's called epigenetics.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk