Author Topic: Juzeza's Journal  (Read 44284 times)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Juzeza's Journal
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2011, 12:09:09 pm »
To be honest, I'd like to be resilient more than anything.

you'll be there.

you've sort of hit on what has become clear to me, that certain foods or even whole diets might not be the most ideal on paper but they either do the trick in the moment, or sometimes are the only or best solution. Of course the reverse seems to be true as well, that plenty of 'healthy' food or 'natural' ways of eating just don't account for many peoples' needs. Either way, if someone isn't in some deadly crisis, theres always the option later to just eat whatever plants and animals and ignore everything else and see how that goes.

Animal foods that I seem to digest well include: egg yolks, milk, back fat and bone marrow, but none of these can serve as staples separately. Perhaps I'll experiment with muscle meat but slowly introduce and be certain not to over eat. Ideally I'd like to have a diet founded in raw animal foods supplemented by a small amount of carbohydrates (mostly fermented).

I don't follow here exactly. seems like these could form the bulk of a diet along with some muscle meats, organs and a variety of dense plant foods forming the rest. You might have to introduce foods slowly considering it like a fast. maybe things like eggs, fruits, avocados are better than eating a bunch of meat or fat after not eating solid food. Some kind of fermented animal food (even dairy) or plant food might also be needed for bacteria.

milk is symptomy for me, but butter still seems to have advantages as well as disadvantages - as you say with milk - to other fats such as suet or marrow. At this point If I was up to the gills in fresh (unfrozen) marrow and backfat I likely wouldn't be eating much butter or only some for those difficult to get nutrients.  For people in other situations they still might need to eat alot of dairy fat even with excellent quality other fat. As jessica points out, it goes the other way too as the dairy thing might need more attention to balancing various other things, which is why attention to eating from various dense plant sources might also be a good idea. Perhaps more so than other non-dairy LC folk.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:17:09 pm by KD »

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2011, 03:04:15 pm »
You could try drinking raw milk kefir(the real one made with grains) with your meat meal. This helps with the digestion in my personal experience.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2011, 12:11:48 am »
Milk Diet: High Point
I'm feeling amazing! I've haven't felt this good in a long time. I remember that I began this journey searching for the vigor and vitality I felt while I was in high school. That time was when I felt the most active and capable. Right now, I feel better!

I'm drinking just 7 pints of a mixture of kefir, sour and sweet milk a day (3.5 quarts). On the days I run out of milk I've been fasting or eating a small amount of raw butter that I've made myself.

I've gathered that because milk is such a wholesome yet easily digestable food that my weakened digestion system has the ability to just get enough of what I need in caloric intake to survive while feeding some sort of nutriment deficiency that I've created through poor nutrition over the years. Finally, because I'm pumping my gut full of too much food I'm capable of assimilating the milk easily and resting soundly at night rather than suffering from insomnia from indigestion. Although I do suffer from a slight sleeplessness, it is not consistent and does not persist the entire night.

I'm rebounding into a good place. Moreover, I feel the raw state of the milk has helped with acidity issues and also bacteria balance in the gut. I'm having regular bowels that are not solid but are most liquid. I wish these bowels were more solid, but I believe that will come with time.

I think I will slowly introduce solid foods as I transition of the Milk Diet for the winter until spring.

you'll be there.

Thank you KD. That you are reading this journal and see a glimmer of hope fills me with honor and gratitude.

I don't follow here exactly. seems like these could form the bulk of a diet along with some muscle meats, organs and a variety of dense plant foods forming the rest. You might have to introduce foods slowly considering it like a fast. maybe things like eggs, fruits, avocados are better than eating a bunch of meat or fat after not eating solid food. Some kind of fermented animal food (even dairy) or plant food might also be needed for bacteria.

I see your point. A quart of milk, some raw egg yolks, perhaps some tender sauerkraut and a small amount of meat and fat to top it off could serve as a nutritious diet that is easily digested. To be honest, I may need even less than that on a daily basis if I can survive on three quarts of milk.

I suppose the only problem is trying to create a mental list of foods that are ideal for me that I can rely on. When I began eating raw meat I ate under the presumption that it would benefit me personally on the premise that you, sabertooth, TylerDurden, and Sully have benefited from it, which is illogical to say the least. Ideally, yes, raw animal foods may be a superior food but it may require more energy and bacteria than I have available at the moment. Which is why I need to pave a path of foods that work until I've built a solid foundation and eat mostly animal foods. Or perhaps, that day will never come as we are all individuals and I may have some requirements that are unique (but I doubt this). 'll build off of raw dairy and slowly add foods and if they seem dangerous I'll be cautious.

As Jessica points out, it goes the other way too as the dairy thing might need more attention to balancing various other things, which is why attention to eating from various dense plant sources might also be a good idea. Perhaps more so than other nondairy LC folk.

I believe this to be true, too. However for the time being I feel that liquid is just the best thing for me. It's just easy and wholesome enough. I would like to be able to enjoy raw and cooked vegetables in the future, but I think this will require a steady reintroduction if they aren't fermented like sauerkraut. Before I began the Milk Diet, I was eating sauerkraut, blood, and meat on a daily basis and the blood and sauerkraut I seemed to digest well.

Aside: A-ha! I forgot to add blood to my list of nutritious and easily digested foods.  >D

Dietary Fixation
I've always thought that the number and variation of nutritional choices to be staggering. In the past people just ate what was available, from the Native Americans of the plains living off buffalo to the Aborigines of Australia grubbing on ants, to the Inuit indulging in blubber and mostly animal foods. Of course the world and humans were much different then, but this observation proves that humans are capable of being resilient and thriving off whatever. I don't believe that humans need all these specialty diets to address health issues permanently. Once corrections are made and nutrition is sustained we restore our resilience. This is the power of life, or the force of survival.

Sleep: The Ideal State of Sleep
After being an insomniac for several years, I've always wondered what it must be like to achieve an ideal state of sleep. Once I observed dogs and how they are capable (when they are healthy and young) to sleep and then at a moments notice, begin to run around and exert energy effortlessly. The transition is instantaneous and effortless.

Once, without any solid causation, I slept for a few days just as my dog does. I slept soundly, instantly falling asleep and awoke just as effortlessly than instantly felt the energy to run about like an animal. The only causation I can recall is that I had been fasting to avoid unhealthy food in my home and on the airplane on my return from Japan. The only food I recall eating was apples. After that night of rest in 2010, I've set such sleep as my goal for the future. Right now I'm not quite there, but I feel great and am working towards it.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2011, 07:35:57 am »

After being an insomniac for several years, I've always wondered what it must be like to achieve an ideal state of sleep. Once I observed dogs and how they are capable (when they are healthy and young) to sleep and then at a moments notice, begin to run around and exert energy effortlessly. The transition is instantaneous and effortless.

Once, without any solid causation, I slept for a few days just as my dog does. I slept soundly, instantly falling asleep and awoke just as effortlessly than instantly felt the energy to run about like an animal. The only causation I can recall is that I had been fasting to avoid unhealthy food in my home and on the airplane on my return from Japan. The only food I recall eating was apples. After that night of rest in 2010, I've set such sleep as my goal for the future. Right now I'm not quite there, but I feel great and am working towards it.

I found that taking vitamin D supplements dramatically improves my sleep quality.  Getting lots of sunlight helps too, but I basically have to get sunburned to get the same effect as the supplement gives.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2011, 11:27:18 pm »
I found that taking vitamin D supplements dramatically improves my sleep quality.

Awesome. Thank you for the tip!

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2011, 06:51:40 pm »
Milk Diet: Re-introduction of Solid Food for Thanksgiving
This Thanksgiving I was able to dine on wild raw goose! The meat was the most deep color of red I've ever seen! The flavor was amazing and complex as well. Definitely what most people call "game-y". Although this wild game was one of the most satisfying pieces of meat I've ever eaten I only wish goose had more fat as I find myself in somewhat of a fat craving as of late.

I began the day by drinking three quarts of raw goat milk. I dined on the goose around sundown. I ate more than the size of my palm and stopped when I became uninterested. Now, it's 2:00 AM and I can't fall asleep. I feel I may have overeaten and caused my digestion to retard. I feel myself yawning and I want to sleep but I'm unable to as if my gut is trying to work through the meat.

In the case of persistently loose stools Macfadden recommends having a solid meal to see if the stool will solidify, so I thought this would be a good experiment but perhaps I ate too much.

"7. Diarrhea also is sometimes induced by the milk diet. This is because of abnormal body conditions and is not due to the milk directly. It may be remedied by simply lessening the quantity of milk. Reducing the cream or diluting the milk will sometimes be all that is necessary. In some cases a high, warm, full enema is valuable. In others the difficulty does not respond satisfactorily to any of the above methods. In these it may be advisable to use a few dates a day – as many as two to four with each glass of milk. In other obstinate cases it will be necessary to take the milk until noon, and an ordinary meal in the evening, or, take a breakfast, and then take milk all afternoon, beginning at twelve or one."

I find that my digestive system is sluggish, in that, it requires a great deal of energy to process foods and I do so at a retarded rate. This explains how the Milk Diet has been successful for me: the milk is much more easily digested than solid foods and also provides a balanced nutrition. However, the Milk Diet has not been perfectly curative because I still find that when I do digest both milk and solid foods, I still require quite a bit of energy to process the foods and I still suffer from a retarded digestion and mal-absorption. I have still yet to gain weight on the Milk Diet. This leads me to believe that while the milk is supplying me with plenty of nutrition which I was previously deficient of (which explains why I've been feeling better than ever since I began the Milk Diet), the Milk Diet may not be enough to solve my issues. To be honest, I really have no idea what I'm facing (in regard to my problem with digesting food)! However, I observe that the only time I've been able to conquer insomnia since high school was when I was a vegetarian eating minimally and now on the Milk Diet.

This brings me to the conclusion that an enema or liver flush would be able to help my sluggish digestive and elimination system but the tone of this forum causes me to be apprehensive. I've tried liver flushes with success and I've had a colonic. I found the liver flush to be taxing yet effective in flushing stones and the colonic to be more pleasant and convenient overall and effective in flushing compacted fecal matter.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2011, 10:51:34 am »
Milk Diet: Thanksgiving Leftovers!
The best part of holiday meals are the leftovers--even for freaky food eaters! Today, I again tried the same meal plan as yesterday: three quarts of milk followed be a meal of meat in the evening.

I still haven't had a bowel movement since dinner yesterday. I'm used to having two to three daily while drinking solely milk. I do feel better about eating meat today. I had a bit of an instinctive meal by laying out a tray of the entire innards of the wild goose I have. I tried each piece little by little until I found myself uninterested. It was more pleasing today. I'm less worried about my sluggish digestion (especially since receiving the advice of others on the issue of enemas).

I still can't believe the difference between wild game and domesticated animals. The meat I've had is comparable to cheap wine that appears diluted in color while the goose was such a dark red that it was captivating. The goose also reminded me of the little venison I've had.

I still have a hankering for animal fat. I need to find a way to satisfy this hunger.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2011, 02:00:33 am »
Milk Diet: Transition to Solid Foods
After three days of drinking milk and eating goose in the evening I finally passed a bowel on the fourth morning. One of the reasons I don't enjoy eating too much meat is because of the length of time required to have bowel movements. I feel a bit congested waiting around with all that sludge inside of me. Hopefully, bowel removal time will decrease over time--especially if I vary my diet to include softer foods such as yolk, milk, butter and so forth.

By the end of December I should only be consuming one quart of raw milk per day and consuming solid foods throughout the rest of the day. Now the goal is to secure a steady supply of wild meats. The goose I ate was a treat and I'm not sure if I'll be able to procure more.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2011, 02:19:26 am »
Zeno,
I cannot sleep either if eating raw meat too late. I just do not get tired.
So if eating meat for dinner I try to not eat it after 6 pm. It helps!
I eat breakfast instead. :)

I get kind of constipated if I eat only lean raw meat. I need some fat. I eat coconut oil mostly but I bet any fat will do it!
Maybe some aged meat too?

Inger
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:38:13 am by TylerDurden »

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2011, 11:31:26 am »
I get kind of constipated if I eat only lean raw meat. I need some fat.

I've yet to eat just lean meat at any meal. I still feel my digestion is to blame. However, I will be sure to keep eating raw fat and butter to help push a bowel movement.

Thank you for the tips, Inger!  :D

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2011, 11:38:28 pm »
Raw Paleo Diet and Eyesight
Since I've begun experimenting with a diet primarily based in raw animal foods in May of 2011 I have noticed a significant decrease in my eye strength. It takes me longer to focus when the focus of my eyes changes from an item from one depth to another. I interpret this as a good sign of a deficiency due to poor dietary choices. I have underestimated the necessity of organ meats or a small amount of vitamin-rich carbohydrates since I began this diet.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2011, 12:42:28 pm »
Milk Diet: Recent Observations
I recently have noticed that a scar on my head has been shrinking in size. This scar has been with me since I attended elementary school and only just recently have I noticed a significant and sudden decrease in the size of the scar. The skin on my head in general feels more soft and less brittle then it has in the past. I've had a mild problem with dandruff before.

My skin has become quite dry. Specifically, the skin covering my achilles tendon. I'm not sure but I believe it is due to the combination of the dry, cold air and the shoes I wear which rub on that portion of my skin. The skin on my face looks relatively healthy and more elastic then it has in previous months.

I've recently become almost certain that for the time being the Milk Diet has provided the maximum benefit it has to offer. When I first began this diet I relished the sweet milk for its building properties. I felt like I was rebuilding something inside of me every time I drank milk. Now, I'm not interested in sweet milk in the slightest. I could handle whole milk before and now I must skim the milk before I enjoy it or otherwise my metabolism will crash or my body will force up the cream. My appetite for sour milk and kefir has increased greatly although in general I feel that after one quart of milk I'm feeling quite satisfied.

My mood and energy level was most astounding when I was purely drinking milk (before I re-incorporated goose meat around Thanksgiving. At this time, my satisfaction in the nourishing sweet milk was at its greatest as well. My mood hasn't risen to that height since. I've heard descriptions of cravings and desires as functions of fungus or bacteria (as KD mentions here) and I'm not sure if my mood was being swayed upward because I was feeding a fungus or bacteria that thrives on carbohydrates (as there's a high sugar content in the milk in the form of lactose) or if it was because I genuinely was thriving because of the milk. This element can be quite confusing and I've yet to make any solid deductions.

My appetite for raw butter has greatly increased! My first meal of butter consisted of only a few teaspoons. Now, I can handle much more and enjoy it much more, too! Perhaps my body was unprepared and needed time to adjust but it seems to have done so. I wish to understand why, though. Also, it should be noted that before I ever ate raw butter I experimented with pasteurized butter and was able to eat two sticks before I felt the need to stop. I think this demonstrates the inherent weakness of cooked dairy.

I also have come to realize that the consistency of my stools is symbolic of the amount of milk that is ideal for me: When drinking three quarts of milk or more in a day my first stool is solid and the remaining movements I have are increasingly less congealed until I finally will simply pass liquid. I think this means that my body is digesting about one quart of milk well and the rest is passing through undigested. My stools have shown this pattern consistently for weeks.

I also have been experiencing cravings for cooked foods, raw foods other than dairy and still fat! I find wild goose muscle meat to be extremely nutritious and satisfying when I crave protein, but there is hardly any fat on geese and this fat is not all that satisfying.

With all these considerations in mind, I feel that it is time that I stopped drinking more than a quart of milk per day, effective immediately.

Potential of Single Food Diets: The Meat Diet, the Milk Diet and the Effect on Sense
Experimenting with a zero carbohydrate diet and now the Milk Diet has been largely successful for building my intuitions. By re-educating my body of what a single food (in this case meats and milk) has to offer by starving it of all other foods I become much more aware of how a food can affect me. Now, when I eat or drink a food I can sense much better than previously what this food has to offer; what nutritional and physical satisfaction it will be providing; and when that need has been met. I believe that this is almost entirely due to the inclusion of milk in my diet. Muscle meat and fat is far less nourishing in this regard (and therefore damaging unless executed fastidiously and with determination, as in the case of Lex_Rooker) relative to milk because milk is a whole food. Before, I would overeat meat because whenever I felt hungry or felt a craving I would rely on mostly muscle meats--which is foolish! Now that my diet has a greater relative variety it is much easier to control myself and respond to my body.

When I tried raw yolks to supplement my diet the time that I ran short of milk, the eggs seemed to provide a similar nourishment to a certain threshold. I ate a little less than twenty-four eggs before I could feel that the eggs weren't benefiting me any more. This threshold is much more palpable in respect to all foods.

Just now I ate some goose meat and could tell I didn't feel too interested in any of the muscle but was craving some fat since I had just finished all the butter I had available and still felt a craving for butter. Nonetheless, I tried a bit of organ, some fat and muscle meat and found the muscle meat to provide a great satisfaction that lasted very briefly and the fat provided little satisfaction even though I was craving fat. After the satisfaction of eating muscle disappeared I didn't feel the desire to continue to eat, but rather was able to simply stop despite the amazing flavor and draw to continue eating the delicious, tender meat of the goose.

It seems that once again as true everywhere in this existence that balance is the key. My personal experience seems to suggest a contradiction to the theory that man survived on a diet rich in animal foods and scarce in carbohydrates, because I obviously require some amount of carbohydrate intake--and at the moment that requirement is quite high. However, this could be due to damage caused over the years and personal habit that I cannot handle a diet that is carbohydrate scarce. Once the necessary repair has been accomplished perhaps my body may naturally tend to function better with a smaller and smaller carbohydrate intake.

For the time being I will base my diet around my milk consumption because it is so nourishing. From there I will eat other foods that I perceive to be decreasingly less wholesome (but still nourishing in their own regard). For example: Milk, eggs, blood, fat and then lastly all other meats. By doing this it will keep me from overeating foods that are solid (and thus more difficult to digest) and foods that are much easier to abuse because of their limited nourishment. I feel that milk is wholesome, therefore I should begin my day with milk, then after eating simple, light foods such as eggs and blood I could easily recognize and respond to my nutritional and physical satisfaction requirements before I ate too much meat.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2011, 04:00:26 am »
Re-introduction of Red Meat
I ate some goose last night (as stated above) and again this morning. I felt quite acidic thereafter. Sometimes I feel this creates a build up of acid that causes me to move less easily. I noticed it today when I rode my bicycle: I felt that my joints and muscles seemed to be grinding rather than moving fluidly and smoothly.

Food Combination Idea
I just got the great idea to dip red meat in eggs while eating. I'll try this for lunch today. Thank you, Ioanna and Sully for the inspiration!

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2011, 01:20:34 am »
Milk Diet: Beyond Milk
So I've transitioned back to eating solid foods. I gorged on fat and frozen stew meat the other evening--I just couldn't help myself. I had a heavy dose of depression and loneliness the next morning, but it faded after some exercise and fresh sunlight. Even though I've been craving fat, the fat trimmings I binged on didn't quite satisfy my craving as well as I thought it would. The wild goose fat dipped in yolks, however, was awesome!

When I experimented with goose meat dipped in yolks I found myself feeling satisfaction only for the yolk.

I've been taking one teaspoon of Colosan (thanks to Eve), which seems to ensure that my bowels don't sit too long in my gut. I like it. I move bowels in a much more normal fashion in my opinion.

This is interesting: when eating goose meat, it is more difficult to over eat. I also find that because I can't binge (as I usually do on pounds of pre-frozen meat) my body doesn't require an excessive amount of water to digest the wild goose meat. However, when I eat pre-frozen beef, I find myself eating too much and then dehydrating myself! Water is generally unsatisfying as well, which makes it difficult to hydrate my body. This supports the point raised by GCB on the greater difference between fowl and humans which is assists the accurate use of our instincts in this thread.

Cooked Meal
I had dinner with friends and threw all caution to the wind to see how I would fare against cooked foods. My friend follows a cooked Paleolithic-inspired diet. We had bone shanks slow roasted with vegetables and a desert of fresh fruits.

The meat that had been slow roasting for a day tasted like cardboard. I will never choose to voluntarily eat cooked meat. It makes no sense! Meat tastes terrible cooked unless  lightly cooked in heavy amounts of fat.

The vegetables, though, were amazing! I found myself relishing the carrots, garlic and onions all covered in bone marrow broth. I think I will re-introduce some cooked vegetables and make a broth of bones I have lying around for some warm nourishment.

Next Phase
Well, I binge on domesticated, pre-frozen red meat and can't find too much satisfaction in the trimmings; I enjoy yolks and milk, still; Cooked vegetables and rendered fat sounds yummy so I may try some of that; wild goose meat is fairly satisfying so I'll stick with that some more; I just made a batch of sauerkraut so I'll nibble on that from time to time. Over all I'd say this is going to outline the majority of my diet for this winter: milk, eggs, goose and I'll occasionally add in seafood, domesticated meat, broths and fermented vegetables.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2011, 08:07:08 am »
the depression may be from opiate withdrawl

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2011, 11:33:05 pm »
the depression may be from opiate withdrawl

No, I have a feeling it was a bit different. Besides, I still drink milk daily just a single quart though.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2011, 11:43:33 pm »
History of Fat Consumption
I just realized yesterday that when I was a vegetarian I also craved fat such as peanut butter and chocolate. I remember buying dark chocolate chips in bulk to sprinkle peanut butter with chocolate chips and spoon them heavily. I thought it was healthy because it was one of my only sources of fat. Now, I do the same with fat trimmings. I also enjoyed raw butter to no end.

I'm not sure what this mean but it may have something to do with my weight and my ability to absorb food efficiently. I'm still underweight at 140 pounds and at a height of 5 feet and eleven inches.

Effects of the Milk Diet
I noticed that my bowels have become quite regular since re-introducing solid foods this time around. I'm not sure if it is due to the Colosan, the curative effects of milk, or both.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:52:25 pm by zeno »

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2011, 08:45:24 am »
Experiment: Artificial Sun Bathing
I tried artificial sun tanning for the first time. It felt good although I definitely prefer full traditional, full sun exposure. The light seemed to help my posture as I found the light relaxing.

It's interesting how all the experiments I attempt that are unrelated to food seem to produce the greatest results. This is probably because I execute nutritional experiments the worst, ha-ha! I can't seem to commit intelligently, and find myself just hurting myself in the end.

Clay
Today, I decided to begin to mix clay with my morning milk. I accidentally used a metallic spoon so I'm doubtful this batch of clay will be beneficial anymore. I'll be sure to be more careful with the next batch.

For now, I consume two tablespoons per cup of milk.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2011, 11:42:12 pm »
Artificial Sun Tanning: The Day After
I don't think I've ever felt that good after a session out in the sun. I decided that I'm going to experiment with sun tanning regularly. I feel warm and relaxed even now several hours afterward.

This experiment with sun tanning has made me realize that all the stress I've applied to my diet have been unnecessary. Re-introducing raw meats, avoiding most grains and so forth have been good changes but beyond that I feel I've been much too concerned with how I eat. Generally I do more harm then good because I worry about minute details too much.

Winter Diet
I've decided just to follow a simple routine that includes:

vegetable juices
sour milk
eggs
red meat

I've noticed that after beginning to eat red meat again I started to crave liquid and sometimes milk doesn't hydrate me quite right. Vegetable juices will serve this purpose.

I have two obstacles to overcome: I don't own a juicer. To be honest I don't want to juice my vegetables because of the technology involved. I'd prefer a diet that is simple. I'll have to has out a more simple way to stay hydrated. I wouldn't mind steaming my vegetables but the water I have access to is unfit for human consumption in my opinion.

The second obstacle: All the meat I have access to is pre-frozen. This means I need to slaughter animals regularly. This is one detail I've yet to obsess too much over and I feel it is necessary because as of yet I've hardly been able to eat fresh meat.

Other than that, I'm going to try to avoid thinking too much about food until spring. This means, cooked vegetables, bone broths and the like will all be acceptable (if I can find a decent water source). I think this will bring a good balance.

When I spend my time outside in the sun, or with friends and family I find that my mental and emotional health is far greater and transmutes to better nutrition in general--even if I am eating cooked foods. Everything is related and transmutable. If I spend too much time worrying about nutrition the other aspects of my life begin to suffer and destroy any potential benefit that my diet may provide because I was too concerned to even enjoy it in the first place. Now that I understand the simple principles to a healthy raw diet I should try to stick to these healthy principles, be mindful of instincts, and just forget everything about food and nutrition so as not to be overly concerned.

Whew.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2011, 10:46:12 am »
Winter Diet: Week 1
I seem to be doing quite well as of late. My routine for the past few days has included:

Raw Milk with Clay
After researching the breadth of fallout I feel very glad to make this addition to my routine. I feel great after the addition of clay to my diet. I will receive some charcoal shortly and am even more excited to use it externally and internally.

Increased Sun Exposure
I felt great after that first experiment with sun tanning. I will continue to tan regularly and increase the amount of time I spend in the sun.

Increased Physical Exertion and Social Interaction
All these things seem to help my well-being and the diversion from worrying about nutrition seems to provide more benefit than the surplus amount of time I devote to nutrition.

Raw, Fresh Meat
The fresh, wild meat is superior to domesticated, pre-frozen meat. The fact that the meat I was eating was pre-frozen affected my problem with self control much more than I previously understood.

Fermented Vegetables
Fermented vegetables are probiotic and hydrating. I only wish I could consume the pure juice at times when I'm feeling most parched.

Raw Yolks
Yolks serve as a good supplement for fat--especially when I'm low on supplies of fat.

I haven't been receiving any cow's milk and miss making and eating raw butter. This fat source is amazing. It's amazing how certain foods seem very specific needs at certain points in development. At times I crave one fat source and other times I crave another.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2011, 12:48:27 am »
Raw, Fresh Meat
I feel that since I've cut out pre-frozen meat entirely all my concerns of over eating, acidity, indigestion have all disappeared! Because I am of blood type A, I must be very sensitive in that when I ate pre-frozen meat all these issues erupted, but now I feel great. I know there is still progress to be made but I feel much better in general.

Test: Macadamia Nuts
I tried a handful of macadamia nuts tonight for kicks and didn't enjoy them; they didn't provide enough fat and left me hankering for me. Also, they require quite a bit of liquid because of the difficulty of digestion.

Wadging
I enjoy wadging. I do find it hydrating, albeit a slow process. This afternoon, just a few stalks left me feeling hydrated. This evening I masticated celery with squirts of lemon juice, but I enjoyed the lemon juice in too high of concentration and my teeth became sensitive near the gum.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2011, 08:45:17 am »
The Caveman Diet in the Local Newspaper
There was an article about the Caveman Diet in the local News and Review. I didn't know this but through reading the article I discovered that Loren Cordain, the author of The Paleo Diet, is an alumni of the local university, University of Nevada, Reno.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2011, 02:45:05 am »
The Importance of All Things Not Related to Diet
In this food journey I've come to the conclusion that one of the main reasons I was such a dynamic, vibrant person who slept well during high school was because I was active. Ever since I experimented with veganism my strength has decreased markedly. Now that I'm building healthy dietary habits I finally feel the excitement and urge to get outside and play like a child again. I feel that this slow meandering path was necessary to understand the importance of diet, attitude and outlook, rest and also activity.

If I continue to maintain the amount of time I spend being active outside I foresee a dramatic increase in my health on the horizon.

I was foolish to believe that it was food alone that caused my health to deteriorate when it was the fact that I had become extremely sedentary since exiting high school. The demands of civilization brought me into a pathetic physical and mental state and I intend to reverse it now that I have become aware of it.

Moreover, such a nourishing diet as that as a diet composed primarily of raw foods provides a powerful source of quality energy to be burned and without using that energy and nutrition the nutriment is wasted/clogs up the body without any exhaust system to utilize the energy and nutrition. This seems to be another reason why I may have tended to overeaten or experienced difficulties of this diet in the past: I wasn't prepared to adequately utilize the nutrition properly. However, my progress is finally coming to a head and I feel that I'm finally capable and excited to become more active and destroy my sedentary habits.

Time to get out and play!

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2012, 12:28:24 pm »
Update
Although I'm digesting meat better than I have in the past I still seem to have issues with over eating and binging. Moreover, because I can't get adequate amounts of fat I find myself eating more red meat than necessary.

I still haven't felt as good as I did since the Milk Diet. If I were to compare on this basis, the Milk Diet is superior for me. With red meat I can't find a good balance which leads to over eating of either meat or other foods (nut butters, cooked butter, etc.) . I sure do love ripping into raw meat, though!

Hmmm. I'm beginning to think I should create a regimented diet. I do great with habits and I've yet to create a habit for a diet of raw animal foods.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2012, 12:37:36 am »
Get more good-quality fat.  Be tireless in your search for it.  It's extremely important, for your health, and to be able to moderate your meat-eating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk