Author Topic: raw meat: getting started  (Read 3986 times)

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
raw meat: getting started
« on: May 10, 2011, 03:50:25 am »
Hi all, I am keen on making a transition to raw meat in my diet. I have been consuming raw eggs for a time and it has been going fine enough for me to want to brave the next step.
My questions center around 'raw meat': (1) how long can it be kept out of the fridge/freezer? How can it be kept cool(at temperatures that preserve it) without having a fridge? Any cautionary advice/caveats to keep in mind? I hope you all can help.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: raw meat: getting started
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 04:01:58 am »
Long-term rawists are happy to leave out the raw meat forever, really, as long as maggots don't touch the meat. It's all a matter of how used you are to raw meats, that's all.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 05:08:20 am »
That saves me a lot of time/effort. ANd here I was paranoid over the idea that bacteria would swarm over a piece of meat left out of the fridge/freezer. Would you know any ways to keep the bugs away if you were in my shoes: living in a seacan on farmland with weather that ranges between -5 and +24 degrees celcius? Hope you can help.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 05:34:33 am »
That saves me a lot of time/effort. ANd here I was paranoid over the idea that bacteria would swarm over a piece of meat left out of the fridge/freezer. Would you know any ways to keep the bugs away if you were in my shoes: living in a seacan on farmland with weather that ranges between -5 and +24 degrees celcius? Hope you can help.
No idea. Cold weather forces the flies away, but I have only found 2 black bin bags and a plastic box containing the  raw meat as useful against flies' egg-laying.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk