Author Topic: Many Symptoms  (Read 8350 times)

Offline davidg

• Forager
    • View Profile
Many Symptoms
« on: September 17, 2008, 12:13:58 pm »
Any guidance would be appreciated:

Symptoms:
Fatigue (especially after eating sugar or a SAD meal)
Dermatitis (can be controlled or near eliminated with green juice fasting, exercise, etc)
Acne (sugar related, I tried milk fasting and I know it did a lot of good, but the sugar and fat was definitely an issue)
Oily skin
Sweat (my face and body sweat a lot)
Poor digestion with most everything other than lots of fruit
Born with slight case of jaundice
Dark circles under eyes
When eating most foods (not meat) my throat will create a lot of mucous that I have to spit out.  I can only assume this is auto-immune and it’s my body saying this is no good.
I believe I have a leaky gut and candida overgrowth with weak organs all around.

I can only assume that my kidneys, lymph, liver and intestines are in bad shape.  I feel that dairy is probably a big no-no for me and I just found about suet as a desired fat.  I am seeking dietary suggestions that you would recommend for a system that is obviously in a bit of trouble.

Maybe just ground beef, suet and organ meats.  I want to give this diet a full run, but I know that one mistake could possibly flare up one of my symptoms and that could drive me to another diet.  Thank you in advance for your time.  I am looking for a diet, not a fasting “cure”.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Many Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 01:59:17 pm »
I had many of your symptoms and all were "cured" by a paleo diet that was high in meat and fat, low in plant foods (both green plants and fruits), with no grains, no dairy, no beans or legumes.

I had severe cystic acne and took tetracycline and avlosulfon (antibiotics) and had steroids injected into the cysts for years in an effort to control it.  I was using hydrocortisone cream for eczema and dermatitis,  I took Retin-A for the oily skin as well as x-ray treatments to shrink the oil glands in my face.  Things would get better for a while but I'd have flareups every few months.

My Dermatologist insisted that acne had nothing to do with diet, but after dumping dairy everything started to improve and I was able to stop the x-ray and antibiotics.  Once I converted fully to paleo 5 years ago all the skin problems cleared up and I no longer require treatment of any kind.

I now eat only meat, fat and water, and you are welcome to read about my diet adventures in the Journal section.

Lex

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 03:40:59 pm »

Maybe just ground beef, suet and organ meats.  I want to give this diet a full run, but I know that one mistake could possibly flare up one of my symptoms and that could drive me to another diet.  Thank you in advance for your time.  I am looking for a diet, not a fasting “cure”.
A lot of your symptoms sound like Tyler's, he cured himself.
Yeah, one mistake can do it, you'll get flare ups for sure, candida really stuffs up your liver, kidney, pancreas and intestines. Also it could take a long time to heal...how determined are you? no quick fixes only the determined last

You could do a lot worse than follow Lex's diet.

Good Luck

« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 02:31:23 pm by TylerDurden »
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 05:14:04 pm »
Any guidance would be appreciated:

Symptoms:
Fatigue (especially after eating sugar or a SAD meal)
Dermatitis (can be controlled or near eliminated with green juice fasting, exercise, etc)
Acne (sugar related, I tried milk fasting and I know it did a lot of good, but the sugar and fat was definitely an issue)
Oily skin
Poor digestion with most everything other than lots of fruit
Born with slight case of jaundice
Dark circles under eyes
When eating most foods (not meat) my throat will create a lot of mucous that I have to spit out.  I can only assume this is auto-immune and it’s my body saying this is no good.
I believe I have a leaky gut and candida overgrowth with weak organs all around.

I can only assume that my kidneys, lymph, liver and intestines are in bad shape.  I feel that dairy is probably a big no-no for me and I just found about suet as a desired fat.  I am seeking dietary suggestions that you would recommend for a system that is obviously in a bit of trouble.

Yes, this sounds similiar to  the symptoms I experienced. I had various glandular-related problems(basically adrenal burnout and hypothyroidism, I reckon, given the symptoms). I had problems with excessive sweating, dark circles under the eyes, completely bloodshot eyes due to an allergy towards dairy, and an inability to digest any (cooked) animal food - I would get extremely painful  stomach-aches after eating any cooked animal food.

Part of the problem is that processed/cooked diets foul up the glands more than any other part of the body(according to Aajonus, and I tend to agree). I would suggest that you either buy raw adrenals or raw thyroid(well freeze-dried/powdered not raw) from Dr Ron's (very expensive) website:-

http://www.drrons.com/

or buy them from at a cheaper rate from  a 100% grassfed farm like NorthStar Bison:-

http://www.northstarbison.com/

I would suggest trying a less extreme diet than zero-carb for now, as you're new to all this. You really have to know what you're doing when transitioning to zero-carb(too much or too little fat can be a hazard etc.) I would suggest, instead, starting with a raw version of the palaeolithic diet(somewhere between 0-35% carbs, unless you actually have candida where it should be close to 0%).

Lastly, I STRONGLY suggest that you keep at it, even if you do get side-effects. I, like many others, made some appalling mistakes, early on in the diet:- I consumed raw dairy from the 2nd to the 8th month on the RAF diet, which completely reversed the health-improvements I'd made pre-raw dairy, and caused utter misery. Then, 3 years into the diet, I tried raw veggie-juice and found that it went through my body diarrhea-wise, without being absorbed properly. Early on in the diet, I also found that my body couldn't handle raw vegetable-oils well, except in minute quantities etc. One needs to experiment a lot to get the diet that's right for the individual.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

rawrock2

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 05:51:17 pm »
Oily skin

Your acne will clear up as long as you persist as planned with the paleo diet.  I wouldn't put anything special on my face if I were you.  Only 'natural' things or nothing at all.  Personally, the soap I use is raw aloe vera, lemons, oranges, and habaneros. 

Sweat and oily skin is NOT a bad thing.  Sweat cools off your body so no problem there and you'll be glad you have oily skin when you're older.  Trust me.

Offline davidg

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 09:40:11 pm »
Thank you to everyone for all helpful the info. 

I have also found that green juice is not well absorbed in my system.  I use green juice fasting when I need to see a good looking face again, but it's no way to live.  I am determined and I have a great deal of self discipline, but I have never liked the phrase "it will get worse before it gets better".  My body should not flare up to the correct food and I have found that meat is causing no problems.  I have been feeling dehydrated and sometimes sleepy in the afternoon on the diet thus far.  I can only assume that my body wants me to rest to commence repairing as I never nap.  Vegetable oils also get clogged up and I've done a bunch of those liver gallbladder flushes that would always make my skin super oily for days, but I have to admit I did get some rather large stones out.

Tyler, I know for sure I have candida.  Could you/anyone suggest the amount of fat/suet I should begin consuming as a starting point or possibly a range?  Fat is a major concern for me as the vegetable fats were definitely too much work for my liver and I don’t want to make the same mistake.  I'm on day 3 of zero carb and I am not craving anything special, in my experience day 3 in any diet is the last hurdle for cravings.  I'm 25 and I never weigh myself, but I must be in the 150-160 range 5'9".       
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:44:12 am by TylerDurden »

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 10:35:21 pm »
between 100-300 grams for suet...try 200grams I'm the same size as you and that's how much I eat.

If you've got no sugar craving a day 3 your doing well but they will still hit.

Can you excercise? if so get into it...also get out in the sun. Being only 25 yrs you prognosis would be pretty good I'd say and your symptoms aren't too bad. Sounds like candida/leaky gut is starting to cause organ problems which you can repair, in my opinion that's the second last stage of candida the last stage is when you start to get anxiety/depression (candida toxins start binding with thyroid hormones really stuffing you up and also causing adrenals problems)

You sound like you can do it mate any q's on candida just msg me.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 08:24:22 am »
i would like to bump this topic.

I have similar issues (dermatitis/acne) as the o.p... and i have no idea where to start.

There are so many variations of the paleo diet... which exact one should i try?

Any supplements or herbs? What about face washing? Should i just use water?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 06:13:54 am »
Hi tests. Acne is when the body can't release enough so it goes to the skin - the biggest eliminatory organ. 

I would personally would first simply choose your foods based upon your desires and what calls to you as long as it is raw. Let your body guide you to what is healing through your senses for you, because you are an individual. As long as what you are eating is raw you can't go too far off track. Then, over time, you will be able to figure out the details of what works for you the best and what makes you feel the best.

That's my two cents.

Also - don't forget sunshine, good water, happy thoughts etc. - all the other healing things in life.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 12:26:49 pm »
i would like to bump this topic.

I have similar issues (dermatitis/acne) as the o.p... and i have no idea where to start.

There are so many variations of the paleo diet... which exact one should i try?

Any supplements or herbs? What about face washing? Should i just use water?

Carbs are a notorious cause of acne.  Some people do see improvements from juicing, though, so you might want to experiment with juicing.  If it doesn't work for you, don't continue.

Your acne problems are probably either carb-related or poor-quality-fat related.  Try juicing for about 3-4 days, see if things improve.  First try sweet juices like carrot and apple.  If they make things worse, transition to a low-carb diet.  If the juices make things better, then keep doing it.

I have similar skin issues, and rarely wash my face, or my skin in general.  I bathe every few weeks.  Lack of body odor runs in my family, so I don't have to bathe to get rid of body odor.  My skin feels naturally clean all the time on this diet, so I don't need to bathe to feel clean.   I definitely notice that soaps and hot water make my skin problems worse, so I avoid them whenever I can.

If you're experiencing dermatitis, that's usually  just an immune system problem, and can be healed through vitamin D supplements, sunlight, and eating fairly low-carb.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 02:59:30 pm »
Hi tests. Acne is when the body can't release enough so it goes to the skin - the biggest eliminatory organ. 

I would personally would first simply choose your foods based upon your desires and what calls to you as long as it is raw. Let your body guide you to what is healing through your senses for you, because you are an individual. As long as what you are eating is raw you can't go too far off track. Then, over time, you will be able to figure out the details of what works for you the best and what makes you feel the best.

That's my two cents.

Also - don't forget sunshine, good water, happy thoughts etc. - all the other healing things in life.

After 7-8 months, i am now embarking on this journey (had some roadblocks). Well, my instincts tell me i should eat raw fruits, veggies, nuts (only macadamia nuts since they have healthy monounsat fat) olive oil, coconut oil, and raw meat (no idea which ones). I tried some raw beef today and threw up.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 09:39:34 pm »
After 7-8 months, i am now embarking on this journey (had some roadblocks). Well, my instincts tell me i should eat raw fruits, veggies, nuts (only macadamia nuts since they have healthy monounsat fat) olive oil, coconut oil, and raw meat (no idea which ones). I tried some raw beef today and threw up.

You threw up? What about it made you throw up?

Was it the taste of it? The soft, chewy texture? The thought of eating raw meat?

Or was it after you swallowed, your stomache hurt, and then followed throwing up?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 11:22:01 pm »
Try avocados too, and raw eggs.  Those are all easy to digest.  Sushi sashimi is another good option but watch the mercury.  Also, i know this isn't as recognized here but all of the issues you have are energetically related to the 3rd chakra.  This is the center for self-esteem, willpower, personal power, sensitivity to criticism,etc.  Basically, if that center is shut down then you will not be getting "energy" to those organs.  Pancreas, liver, digestion, etc.  Not saying this is your problem but something worth looking into.  No diet will fix those problems.  I think eating very well is key to healing but it is far from the only piece.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 12:00:11 pm »
Hey, I agree I have low-self esteem and I am self-conscious. I gotta fix this problem

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk