Author Topic: legalization of raw dairy  (Read 4200 times)

Offline a87.pal

• Trapper
    • View Profile
legalization of raw dairy
« on: May 16, 2011, 10:05:59 pm »
http://www.ronpaul.com/2011-05-16/statement-introducing-unpasteurized-milk-bill-hr-1830/

despite myself being intolerant of cow's milk, I find this one step in the right direction. Plus the guy is running for president. Sounds like he is of the paleo mindset.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: legalization of raw dairy
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 10:41:05 pm »
http://www.ronpaul.com/2011-05-16/statement-introducing-unpasteurized-milk-bill-hr-1830/

despite myself being intolerant of cow's milk, I find this one step in the right direction. Plus the guy is running for president. Sounds like he is of the paleo mindset.

That raw milk being illegal in your country is WEIRD.  You have WEIRD LAWS... that need to be stricken down.  Can I call them STUPID MILK LAWS?

Betcha a lot of other non-americans think that US milk laws are DUMB.

So go and vote the guy into office to get rid of stupid laws.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 10:48:58 pm »
Well, non-palaeo anyway, but pro-raw.

It is unfortunate, however, that he gets so few votes. I'm afraid that it is notorious that "every population gets the government they deserve" whether it's a dictatorship or a corrupt democracy or whatever.

What puzzles me is that the formerly Communist Eastern European countries have mostly adopted the libertarian economic-based policies, if not the other ones. By contrast, the US has totally ignored Milton Friedman's economic ideas - pity.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 04:50:44 am »
At the risk of derailing the conversation, could you clarify which ideas of Milton Friedman you are referring to? I'm sorry but I'm completely uneducated when it comes to Friedman.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 07:34:23 am »
At the risk of derailing the conversation, could you clarify which ideas of Milton Friedman you are referring to? I'm sorry but I'm completely uneducated when it comes to Friedman.
Friedman suggested that high taxes made people want to work less. Read up about the Laffer Curve, for example. Friedman also wanted the economy to be less dependent on the State. But his most important contribution was to recommend low, flat income taxes for everyone.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 11:54:25 pm »
Butter makes me happy.  ;D

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 09:30:38 pm »
Friedman suggested that high taxes made people want to work less. Read up about the Laffer Curve, for example. Friedman also wanted the economy to be less dependent on the State. But his most important contribution was to recommend low, flat income taxes for everyone.

Sounds somewhat like Ayn Rand.
Cheers
Al

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 09:29:30 am »
I'm a big Paul supporter. I'm trying to help out his campaign, unfortunately I don't live in Iowa or New Hampshire.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk