Author Topic: New Aajonus DVD for Primal Dieters(presumably dairy-rich recipes etc.)  (Read 10750 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"In response to rising popular demand, Aajonus has created the Recipe DVD:
"Fast, Nutritious & Delicious Raw Food Recipes DVD!” (For fast purchase, click here:  http://www.wewant2live.com/site/811618/product/Recipe%20DVD or call me).
It is packed [2 hrs 12 min.] with delicious and nutritious recipes made exactly in accordance with what he has learned about human nutrition and digestion - and TASTE - over many decades of living, breathing and eating a raw food diet. Aajonus gives information so that – no matter whether you are new to the diet or have been on it (fully or partially) for a decade or more – you will learn valuable new things. Click here for details: http://www.wewant2live.com/site/811618/page/798951.

http://www.wewant2live.com/site/811618/product/Recipe%20DVD"
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline monkeysee

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Pricey, but I purchased it.  Very helpful, it cleared up some points I'd misunderstood and taught things I hadn't picked up from the books. 
While watching, my wife said she'd like to try the PD, too.

I'm not prepared to write a review, but to answer the subject line, yes, he demonstrates making sauces and they have dairy ingredients.

Offline blimpie

• Egg Thief
  • Watch out! It's the evil military!
    • View Profile
Hi there Monk. Do you have a dropbox? I'd like to see the video of him preparing coconut cream. I'm supposed to make that for the first time tomorrow, but aren't sure about the loosening the coconut from the shell part. You're help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Some people would say I'm full of hot air.

"I find cooking wastes so much of my time, though." Geoff Purcell

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I bought and read WW2L. In fact, it was the first raw meat book I read. I never bought the book with recipes because I am puzzled about where all these sauces would fit in to my daily menu.

Are the sauces primarily aimed at people who want to eat fancy-looking meals... or are they meant to disguise raw meat? Or have I missed the point entirely? In other words, is there some great therapeutic value in the recipe book/DVD?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline blimpie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Seems like some people don't enjoy plain raw meats too much. I know I can get that way about raw fish, especially the ocean ones. I think aajonus made the recipes to disguise the raw meats for the most part and restore some sense of cooked foodism to the diet for those who really miss that. I guess the other recipes, though, like the cheesecake, are because people miss certain cooked food dishes and those recipes give them a chance to make those recipes, raw, and without having to go through the refining process aajonus went through to make those recipes.

Then you have the baby formulas, the coconut cream making, the power shake (gland/organ milk shake), and fruit smoothies that are just strategic recipes and mainstays of the diet. The answer then would be, it's a mixed bag, every issue you mentioned is touched in the recipes.

Offline monkeysee

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
What's a dropbox?  I'm not going to copy the dvd, though, if that's what you're asking.

Stuff which hadn't really sunk in from reading but was clear in the video:
he uses brown coconuts, duh (I've tried and disliked brown coconuts before, so must have blocked that detail out)
he hammers them for a while to loosen things up, then breaks
he pours the water into a bowl (not to consume)
he breaks the coconut into pieces and rinses them in the coconut water
he uses an oyster knife (a spoonlike blade) to more easily separate the meat from the shell, while wearing thick leather gloves to prevent skewering himself

He JUICES IN A ROOM AT 80 degrees F - says this is key to getting good yield.  Without that, you'll have to find some other way to warm the meat up without cooking, although he also says that re-juicing the meat heats it up, so re-juicing may be enough to do the trick.  He re-juiced pulp twice while in that hot room, then said the pulp was very dry and probably too hot to rejuice (didnt want to cook it).

Looks like a lot of work, but I'll try it some day.

Hi there Monk. Do you have a dropbox? I'd like to see the video of him preparing coconut cream. I'm supposed to make that for the first time tomorrow, but aren't sure about the loosening the coconut from the shell part. You're help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Offline blimpie

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Seems like alot of work. Could you make a youtube channel and post a private unlisted video of the coconut cream making? That way, you could just send me a link through PM (personal message) to get a visual of the process. Those tips you mentioned are great tips I wouldn't have known otherwise. Thanks.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
RAW CHEESECAKE?
Does he use raw milk?  if so, how does he make it?  I've been wanting to make raw cheesecake ever since I saw some raw vegan cheesecakes at the organics store, but I don't want them to be vegan.. I want to make raw cheesecake with raw milk!
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Wolf - I make raw cheesecakes. I made up how to do it on my own. Are you still interested?

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Wolf - I make raw cheesecakes. I made up how to do it on my own. Are you still interested?

Yes!  please tell me how!  As long as it isn't vegan and uses real raw milk!
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I get raw whole milk from grass-fed jersey cows and I make it into quark. Do you know how to do that? It's basically allowing the milk to ferment. I can talk you through it.

I take pecans that I soak and dehydrate but you can either just soak or use raw if you don't mind the enzyme inhibitors and anti-nutrients etc. I grind up the pecans with dates into a mash. You can use a food processor, a champion juicer, a high speed blender or a big mortar and pistil to do this. This will make the crust. You put this on a pie plate or a deep dish or a shallow bowl, or my favorite - individual tiny bowls........thinly or thickly according to your taste and how much nuts and dates you want to eat. I like to put this in my dehydrator for a bit - but it's not necessary.

Then in my blender or food processor I put the quark with any fruit you like. I've used persimmons, mangoes, blueberries - whatever floats your boat. They all taste wonderful to me. You can add honey to the mix if the fruit is not sweet enough for you. I make it thinner with whey from my quark making - but that makes it a bit more on the bitter side - or you can use water. But don't make it too thin of course. It has to be thick and creamy.

I have as of yet not found a good agent for thickening, but I haven't experimented much I'm afraid. I tried flax seeds but they ruined the taste. What I do instead is put the pie into the freezer and let it defrost to exactly the right density and creaminess. This is why I like to make them in tiny individual bowls. Not the best solution, but they do taste amazing. I have yet to make one of these kinds of pies with any fruit that did not work.

I have yet to try adding raw egg yolks to the mix but plan on doing this the next time I make pie. I'm also going to do some more experimenting with natural congealing substances. I'll keep you posted on what works and what doesn't work. But at least this way we can get at least get some cheesecake!

Those vegan ones made with cashews always make me feel really sick. These make me feel amazingly good. 

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
I've never heard of quark before, but I googled it and this is what I found:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(cheese)

Also, my favourite cheesecake crust was always the graham cracker crust, although I had always hated crusts on pies/cakes anyways and usually didn't eat them.  I thought of just making the raw cheesecake without a crust, but maybe your crust would taste good if cinnamon was added..

I also think I would prefer to add honey rather than fruit, because I mostly just wanted plain cheesecake rather than fruity cheesecake.

Thank you for the recipe, I'll have to try it someday, unfortunately I'm a bit short on money at the moment so I probably won't be able to afford making any anytime soon, but once I have the money I definitely will try it.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: New Aajonus DVD for Primal Dieters(presumably dairy-rich recipes etc.)
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 03:43:09 pm »
http://www.wewant2live.com/site/811618/product/Recipe%20DVD"

The last link is broken.

I haven't gotten the recipe DVD yet, but I'm really glad it's available.  It would be nice if we all made recipe videos.

Fast, Nutritious, & Delicious Raw Food Recipes DVD Sampler

Note: The cutting board he is using.  Unstained wood, just plain, no glue.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 09:15:52 am »
He only showed how to make the pie crust with the nuts and dates. And - the pie crust really should have some cinnamon and vanilla to set it off. A tiny bit of nutmeg really helps too. I put the nuts in the processor and make them into powder (but they have been soaked and then dried) and then add the dates with as much water as necessary to make into a smooth paste.

But if you don't want the pie crust then would cheesecake be nothing more than blended cheese with some sweetener? Probably. That's all I would do - and that's the easiest thing to make ever. You could make that in a vitamix too. Vanilla is really important in these recipes me thinks.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 03:30:35 pm »
A tiny bit of nutmeg really helps too.

He would probably never use nutmeg, as he teaches to avoid things that might adversely affect a nerve.  Here's a note I found elsewhere about nutmeg:
It seems to go with just about anything, and its rich, fragrant flavor and aroma are intoxicating.*
* Which, if you ingest a couple teaspoons of the stuff or more in a sitting, is literally true. Nutmeg, as many low-fi websites are thrilled to tell you, can get you high. And really sick. And possibly kill you. The culprit is the essential oil Myristicin, a neurotoxin that induces marijuana-like effects before inducing all sorts of bodily agonies. So kids, stay in school and don't do nutmeg.

Are you going to make a raw recipe video?

I have a nutmeg grinder, somewhere.  Maybe I should sell it or something.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 01:48:07 pm »
Here's more info with a presumably OK link this time:-
"    *
      Aajonus' incredible DVD of recipes teaches raw enjoyability?

Aajonus Vonderplan?itz
To aajonus
Sent:   30 December 2011 03:24:27
To:    aajonus (optimal@earthlink.net)
Hi, healthy-food enthusiasts,

Aajonus' Primal Diet (R) restrictions of no sugar, no salt, limited amounts of drinking water, no heat, no freezing, no industrial additives and so on does not eliminate delicious food. The Primal Diet is a way you can gain health and eat scrumptious food simultaneously, if you know how. Aajonus teaches how simple it is on his Fast, Nutritious & Delicious Raw Food Recipes DVD.

There is much more than sauces on Aajonus' recipe DVD. He teaches how to prepare food to look deliciously presentable and gives nutritional facts. See a cut from the DVD here: http://www.wewant2live.com/products-page/dvds/fast-nutritious-delicious-raw-food-recipes-dvd/.  (The holiday price is on until the end of the year, or until current supplies last.)

When Aajonus demonstrates making seven sauces on his recipe DVD, he invites you to use that as a starting point to make your own sauces and utilize the 82 sauces in his recipe book. Probably, everyone would get tired of 7 sauces. The sauces in his recipe book can be made 3-5 different ways each, totaling about 400 sauces that foster better health.

Aajonus has said all along that “everybody has to follow their own instincts...” to an extent. In We Want To Live; the Primal Diet (on page 155), he states “If for example, you like sauces, discover what is in them, buy the raw ingredients and mix or blend and eat them raw. Pay attention to whether you digest them well. If you have problems or discomfort, simplify the ingredients. Experiment until both your taste buds and digestive system are satisfied. Sometimes quickly, but most often gradually, you will achieve better health.”

Highest regards,
Jim Ellingson
"
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 03:20:27 am »
Who would ever eat that much nutmeg?! Like many things, just the teeny tiniest bit feels good and healthy and opens up flavors and dynamics of a recipe that I can't believe are bad. If you go looking for singular toxins out of context you head will start to reel and you will stop eating anything. Takes nuts in general for instance. Yeah - they have things in them are bad that's why you don't want to try to live on them exclusively, but there are also loads of great things in them. If your body is working right it can handle some of the bad things in order to get the good things. Few things are only good and have no downsides ... especially if overdone. It's about feeding the body and the immune system so well that it can deal with the little bits of bad stuff that come along with the nutrients that are needed. That's the magic of raw whole natural foods imho. Don't you dare get rid of that nutmeg grinder! ... or at least mail it to me.  ;)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 12:16:35 am »
Don't you dare get rid of that nutmeg grinder! ... or at least mail it to me.  ;)

I think I had a grinder. If so, I will probably run a cross it sooner or later. When that happens, I guess I should ask you for your shipping address? ..

I agree, I love the magic of cooking too etc and av does use ginger, vanilla and a bunch of other flavors.  Do you have RFLWD?  I (or we) even got a three pot slow cooker recently and I made a meal for my cooked food eater in it.  I was anticipating once the the food started getting near done it would fill the house with familiar aromas of time past.  It did cook, but it kept the food smell well in its pots.  The smell that filled the room (IMO) instead was like burnt plastic or something like that.  It didn't look like it was getting damaged.  I said something to dh, and he said that's normal with these devices, that they always smell like that the first few times, but that there's no harm to anything.  Actually, I was disappointed in the smell, as although I didn't want to smell the cooking food, I would have much preferred it over plastic.  When I did eat cooked food growing up and later which was often a little of every meal, we (or I) used cooking gas. 

I love the way on a raw food diet so little spice is needed, if any .. a little goes a long way.  A recipe that might normally take .. say .. six different spices at once may taste just as good with only three spices and I do mean not increasing the quantities of even the three .. or two.

If you go looking for singular toxins out of context you head will start to reel and you will stop eating anything. Takes nuts in general for instance. Yeah - they have things in them are bad that's why you don't want to try to live on them exclusively, but there are also loads of great things in them.

I don't consider spices to be food.  I love food, they don't need spice for me.  Starches do, need spice for me.  I consider that spices are often used to prevent worms and parasites that are gotten with starch foods. 

Some of AVs meat pastes or sauces contain nuts, but he has his ways of avoiding the pitfalls of nut toxins.  He has mentioned that the reason he has recipes of spice pastes etc is so that when from time to time when he loses his desire to taste meat, he makes the spiced meat dishes to get him over that hump.  He wrote the recipe book to help others with similar (plus there's lots of valuable information in it).  His spice mixes each or many contain a wide variety of different spices in each one.  I don't think any contain nutmeg though.  Like you say, "singular toxins".  Who needs it?  Many people are using raw paleo diet to heal, not because they are already healthy and are ready for the magically spiced recipes.      Many have neurological damage, and might do well to stay away from things like cacao and nutmeg that have a painful effect on parts of their nerve tissue.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:27:57 am by RawZi »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 09:12:44 am »
You're right Zi. My perspective is from someone who is already healthy and fairly strong comparatively to most I guess from decades of eating pretty well for myself. Perhaps I can deal with things where others couldn't even have a little.

I think of spices and herbs as good foods for me. I make my own spices out the whole plant. For instance I bought fresh tumeric root last time I shopped which I will dehydrate at a low temperature and grind myself and use in my food as my food. I have drawers of herbs I have grown and only a few that I have had to buy. I will take some of tumeric roots and put them in pots to grow so that hopefully I won't have to buy more. When I have the fresh herb I use that. Sometimes I will eat just oregano and basil for instance from my garden as a snack alone and then sometimes I will use my dried stores of it with other foods. I use sauces whenever I have the time/inclination to do so and I find them as adding variety, zest, interest and enjoyment to my foods - not to get me to eat something I don't want to eat to begin with. I would eat what I eat without the spices, but the spices are just fun and happy added things for me. They add to the creativity and joy of preparing and eating foods and when I eat them I feel that they are very nutritious for me.

But that might not be the case if someone is buying regular spices in the stores with fillers and that are irradiated - or for people that are very delicate. Spices often are powerful herbs that can affect a person that is sick strongly.

I forget how many people come to raw foods because they are sick to start with. 

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 03:09:59 pm »
... I make my own spices out the whole plant. For instance I bought fresh tumeric root last time I shopped which I will dehydrate at a low temperature and grind myself and use in my food as my food. I have drawers of herbs I have grown and only a few that I have had to buy. I will take some of tumeric roots and put them in pots to grow so that hopefully I won't have to buy more. When I have the fresh herb I use that. Sometimes I will eat just oregano and basil for instance from my garden as a snack alone and then sometimes I will use my dried stores of it with other foods... ... They add to the creativity and joy of preparing and eating foods and when I eat them I feel that they are very nutritious for me.

But that might not be the case if someone is buying regular spices in the stores with fillers and that are irradiated - or for people that are very delicate.

In my chefing days I prepared and foraged all my spices and herbs from scratch too, same way as you. I used a lot more herbs for other people than when preparing food for myself or my family, at least in general I did.  If we needed an herbal treatment I might make something powerful, if it needed that.  You know, when I "cooked" for Ann Wigmore,  she taught never to use seasonings for Energy Soup, their staple, as it was for healing.  The idea was for the body to heal itself, as herbs catalyzed things rather than just allowing.  She allowed herbs if prescribed by your own naturopath for the students in the most extreme shape. In other food items I could add some herbs for flavor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk