Author Topic: Just another Blogger  (Read 8197 times)

Offline msaurondon

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Going RAW
Just another Blogger
« on: May 31, 2011, 09:19:05 pm »
Hello all,

Just another blogger: http://paleoraw.blogspot.com/

I had been reading this site for sometime, much of your discussions helped me for my final decision.
I switched over a few weeks back after a period of reading, sampling and making self sure that it was something I wanted to do - boy am I grateful that I switched.

I am keeping a log of how I feel, what I am eating, some recipes that I/my come up with that make things a little more lively.  And any other articles that surface that a raw community can utilize.

Thanks all and take care.

msaurondon

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Just another Blogger
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 09:37:54 pm »
Day 8

Soy milk for breakfast ??

Offline msaurondon

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Going RAW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 11:52:41 pm »
Breakfast this morning of course was a delicious Liver/Coconut Oil/Soy Milk/Honey/Raw Egg smoothie

is the full line.

I am in Florida, the state makes it difficult for many of our health food stores to carry raw material like Milk/Butter/Cream/etc..

The closest dairy farms won't sell their products to general population for fear of fines.

So I get to make a choice, until I find a source of raw milk.  I can use some of the nut milks (Hemp/Almond/Soy) or I can use water.

I am currently choosing to use nut milks.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 12:14:29 am »
I rather drink water than this shit sorry but this is the true

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 12:54:17 am »
What achillezzz is trying to say so nicely is Soy is terrible for you!  It is not paleo and you shouldn't eat it.  Search this site and the internet long enough and you will learn about the health consequences of Soy.  For your health stop eating it in any form.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 08:27:41 am »
Soy is all wrong.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 09:51:43 am »
Soy got seriously hyped in the last few decades. I think it started with studies that tried to link longevity to diet, so they looked at certain long-lived people and concluded that soy was a miracle food. The "miracle" kept growing until we had a full line of soy everything. Gosh, ya wonder why they don't have soy toothpaste by now.

But if you look closer, you can see that soy is an industry! It takes huge industrial dollars to fuel that much hype.

Soy milk is a highly-processed food. Almond milk and coconut milk are simply ground up almonds or coconuts with water added. Make them at home so you don't get all the additives and heat that accompany packaged products.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline msaurondon

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Going RAW
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 10:23:24 am »
"Search this site and the internet long enough and you will learn about the health consequences of Soy."

It appears that the information out there is mixed, which is more than I can say about the information that is available regarding eating raw meat.  The internet seems to be slanted in a single direction "AGAINST" with only a few supportive sites and fewer still sources of scientific data stating that it is better. If you look at the number of books that are available that can be counted on a single hand.

If you also look, most the negative didn't come out until soy started to become an industry that was over taking the dairy industry and of course both sides will have their scientists tout up and down the pros and cons of both.

The majority of the negative studies have been conducted with lab animals and eating levels that no human will consume.  Yes, they had pancreatic cancer (in rats), one of the few species that is sensitive to dietary protease inhibitors.  On the other hand, you jack up the intake of milk and you have asthma and other respiratory issues beginning to take place.  There is also some questioning if this might be the underlying cause of SIDS.

However, if lab animals are the gospel of testing for how a human reacts to the substance than I guess we should all still be taking thalidomide, fenfluramine and dexfenfluramine since the lab animals proved those were safe.

So, now you have two industries fighting it out with smear campaigns. BIG DEAL.

I posted here to help support your dietary beliefs by showing another that is going down a similar road.
Similar, not the same as yours.  I will eat things that you will not.  I will add in ingredients, such as various oils (coconut, flax, olive) to aid my body in many ways that you probably don't want to have anything to do with.  However, I was acting in a supportive posture to this forum, way of life and some of the beliefs.  I thought I picked the correct sub topic to post it under since I also eat fresh fruits and veggies. 

And now I am made to feel that I have been met with a minor degree of hostility from the Russian and very unwelcome by the others.  I honestly am just hoping for a moderator to come along and delete this thread and my account because I feel like my generosity and support was just trampled on and I am just going to go on my way.

Peace.

Thank you for your time - sorry I wasted it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 10:30:28 am »
No reason to feel bad msaurondon.

This is the reason we post our journals so people can point out what we are doing wrong.

Also we are an international community and many of us are not native american english speakers so give some slack due to cultural nuances and language nuances.

There are so few raw paleos out in the world we need to stick together.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 10:44:34 am »
...most the negative didn't come out until soy started to become an industry that was over taking the dairy industry....

Soybeans have been a major US crop since after the Great Depression, more or less. I remember driving across country as a child and seeing the entire Midwest as a monotony of corn fields alternating with soybean fields.

Please don't take this personally as an attack on your lifestyle, but this is a forum for those who eat raw foods. Soybeans ground up with water must be cooked around the boiling point to make digestible soy milk. There is nothing raw about soymilk.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline msaurondon

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Going RAW
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 11:03:21 am »
Soybeans ground up with water must be cooked around the boiling point to make digestible soy milk. There is nothing raw about soymilk.

And the name of my blog is GOING RAW, it isn't entitled: Made it there this is the final diet for RAW.
Also, it shows me transitioning from one life style to another.

People transition in and out of things as they make their way into new life styles.  Most of your dieters probably have issues with milk.  I have read that about 30% of Americans have allergic symptoms to milk one way or another.  And they miss that richer flavor that Almond Milk or Hemp Milk can't provide.  

And, like my family - until those in it who have issue with milk recover to a point where their bodies are no longer reacting to it, they will be given other sources such as Soy Milk.  Because Rice Milk just doesn't cut it.

Dang - I guess I shouldn't have posted on this forum until I had arrived in the enlightened state.  Again, truly sorry!

I remember driving across country as a child and seeing the entire Midwest as a monotony of corn fields alternating with soybean fields.

I am from Minnesota and grew up working on those farms you were driving by.  We switched our crop every couple of years between Corn and Soy.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:53:01 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 11:22:49 am »
Dang - I guess I shouldn't have posted on this forum until I had arrived in the enlighten state.  Again, truly sorry!

Keep posting.  We understand.  Really.
Take note, international english.
We don't really know the nuances of your own culture and language and why you feel bad.

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 02:50:29 pm »
Hello again msaurondon,

I am very sorry if my post offended you or upset you in any way.  That was not my intent and I am sorry.  I was just trying to help by pointing out that soy is not good for you.  I understand you are in a state of transition, and I understand that it is your body and you are in charge of what you eat.  Don't write off this forum just yet.  There are a lot of helpful people on here and a lot of really good information.

I wish you the best of luck in the continued evolution of your diet and health.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 09:38:50 pm »

And now I am made to feel that I have been met with a minor degree of hostility from the Russian and very unwelcome by the others.
Peace.
Thank you for your time - sorry I wasted it.

xD man dont take me serious really I am almost not russian and I don't live in russia for few months now + I am 18 year old and my english suck and really I didnt try to somehow insult you!

Sorry for my previous comment but what I really tried to say is that I am against soy thats all brother! sorry again

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 09:52:23 pm »
Welcome to the forums!

First, I'm new here, so I might be speaking out of place. If so, well... I guess it's a risk that I'll take.

You just hang in there. Do what you need to do in order to keep moving in a more healthy direction. You are right that there is conflicting information. About just about everything!

One thing that I can tell you, that I think may help a lot is this: There are militants in every category!

No matter what it is, there will be people who will rabidly tell you that you're going to die or that you're a disgusting non-human for eating animals or that you're going to grow five heads if you visit a medical doctor. No matter what it is, there'll be someone willing to try to make you wrong for it.

And you know what? Sometimes, you'll be the one telling others they're wrong when they're convinced they're right! We've all done it.

But don't let that slow you down. Raw is the right direction to head. Do the best with what you have. Give yourself a pat on the back for working the work and walking the walk to the best of your skills and available resources, okay? Don't let people discourage you or frighten you off. Do YOUR best.

Sometimes, we forget what it's like in the beginning of doing something new. And sometimes we find something we do to be easy and flow naturally. So we fail to understand that what's easy for me, might not be so for you. And what's easy for you, might not be for me.

I can fling a keyboard at a story and whip it out in no time flat. I type with great speed, and I type a LOT. I've a lot to say! But some people type with one finger and they peck along slowly. There are times I have to sit back and sit on my hands and wait... and wait... and wait... and wait for them to say what they've got to say. It can be hard, because it seems like they should just... you know... DO IT ALREADY!

You're in transition. I am, too. I'm still eating bread, because that's my way of getting the raw butter and the raw avocados (yuck!) into me. I'm eating mayo with my raw chicken (and even some cooked chicken with it, too)... otherwise, I wouldn't get any raw chicken into me at all!

If you need the soy, then use the soy. Maybe with time, you'll begin to feel like it's not serving you. Our bodies know. And the more raw things we eat, the more it's going to start rejecting that which doesn't serve it.

So for now, work towards your ultimate goal of being raw at your own pace. If you try to go someone else's speed, you'll give up. You'll fail because you let people discourage you. Don't choose to be discouraged by a lack of support of something you're doing. You're doing your best, and that's what you need to do in order to stick with it. Hang in there. If soy's wrong for you, eventually your body's going to let you know, in no uncertain terms.

Trust your body. Do your best. Believe that your body's going to get better at communicating with you, as you get better at hearing it speaking. Faith in yourself is what is best for you. Faith in your body's willingness to say what works and what doesn't by feeling good or feeling bad, will be your ultimate success.

I'm also GOING paleo. I'm GOING raw. I'm not there, and I know for a FACT that "cold turkey" is a personal recipe for FAILURE.

Some people can just jump right into the deep end of the pool and swim. Some of us have to sit on the edge and adjust to the water temperature. Otherwise we sit in the water and shiver and cry and get out and never want to go back.

If you're an "inch at a time" person, then serve yourself honestly by acknowledging it and politely telling people, "Thank you for caring about my well-being, and I hear you. However, this is the way I need to transition myself to a healthier way of life."

Remember that. They are telling you because they CARE. Because you're a human being whose well-being and health matters to them. Perhaps they are being a bit forceful, which can be hurtful. But remember it's because you matter to them, and politely tell them that you need to do it your way, or you'll give up. And giving up is much worse than going slower than they would, if they were you.

Only you are you. Do it the way you need to, in order to be successful.

*cheers* Here's to your ultimate success in eating raw. May you find it to be fulfilling enough that one day you wake up and realize you've been eating fully raw for longer than you can remember--and it's AWESOME!

O0
The thought manifests as the word; The word manifests as the deed; The deed develops into habit; And habit hardens into character; So watch the thought and its ways with care, And let it spring from love Born out of concern for all beings...

As the shadow follows the body, as we think, so we become.

The Dhammapada

Offline p0wer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 10:30:30 pm »
Ae simply use water instead of [soy] milk, how did this end up into such a big deal here.
I used to drink liters of milk per day, now I'm pushing myself to finish some nut milk I have since 3 months ago, just so that I don't end up throwing it away :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk