Author Topic: From SAD down to Raw vegan & now upgraded to Paleo  (Read 6044 times)

Offline Predator

• Scavenger
  • Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
From SAD down to Raw vegan & now upgraded to Paleo
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:24:53 pm »
So here's my story briefly:  I've always been into health and fitness, thus finishing a degree and later working as a Kinesiologist.  Being in my early 20's I looked great and thought I ate healthy (lean meats, rice...) until I started getting an allergic reaction.  The doctors only wanted to pushed antihistamine's so instead I started experimenting with my diet and found I couldn't eat gluten, which was a blessing in disguise. However before this blessing could fall upon me, I was cursed by falling for the vegan conspiracy.  I was vegan for 4 years and although I thought I felt good, I was weak and lost a lot of my muscle.  Then after becoming B12 deficient I tried eating raw tartare and that night I couldn't stop dreaming about meat.  I then added butter (which I don't eat anymore) to my next meat meal and that day I felt like I was on Ecstasy.  I never thought I was depressed on the vegan diet but now I realize my hormones must have not been working properly without the fat.  I soon learned the paleo way of eating and am grateful for the health it has produced in me over this past year.

Although I'm just a forager now, I already met one of the famous hunters from this site and once again have to thank him for his time and for sharing some tasty meat varieties I've never tried before with me.  It was amusing eating the raw meat in the park while passers by looked at us.  Anyway, I look forward to making some more paleo friends or foes (who can challenge my ways and thus help me learn).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:10:51 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
Re: From SAD down to Raw vegan & now upgraded to Paleo
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 03:54:32 am »
It seems like there are a lot of us ex-vega/tarians here. Welcome, and I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better!

The thought manifests as the word; The word manifests as the deed; The deed develops into habit; And habit hardens into character; So watch the thought and its ways with care, And let it spring from love Born out of concern for all beings...

As the shadow follows the body, as we think, so we become.

The Dhammapada

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 04:49:09 am »
The first time I ate fat from a cut of short ribs I experienced ecstasy.

Fat is awesome!  ;D

Welcome and enjoy the ecstasy that is primitive nutrition!

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 07:07:28 pm »
    Hi Predator.  :)  Welcome!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Predator

• Scavenger
  • Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 11:54:04 am »
We should have a fat party.  We'll get some drums and have a primitive rave, dancing around a fire like the natives did.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 04:23:51 pm »
Anyway, I look forward to making some more paleo friends or foes (who can challenge my ways and thus help me learn).
Looks like you've made one  -d
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 09:57:34 pm »
Wow, welcome!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 01:21:35 am »
It seems like there are a lot of us ex-vega/tarians here.
I have never been a vegetarian.
Eating only plant foods? I've always considered it as a nonsense.  8)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Predator

• Scavenger
  • Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 01:35:34 am »
Well vegetarians aren't that bright and I'm seeking from experience.  When I was one I didn't think straight and now that I look back on what my life as a vegan, it was basically wasted away: no motivation or drive to accomplish anything like I usually did before and now once again have while not being vegan.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk