Author Topic: Chocolate Syrup  (Read 7070 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Chocolate Syrup
« on: July 05, 2011, 09:48:54 am »

Sweets seem to be the easiest to make..
What I did was mix about 3 teaspoons of raw cacao powder with 6 teaspoons of raw liquid honey, then added 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of raw whole milk, and mixed it all together.  Ta da!  Instant raw chocolate syrup.  Next up is to make some raw ice cream!

You can get raw cacao powder and other raw cacao products here:
http://bluemountainorganics.com/_catalog_85733/Chocolate_Products
as well as raw vanilla extract:
http://bluemountainorganics.com/_product_85721/Vanilla_Extract%2c_raw_-_LRF_(5_oz)
Although, I don't know how reliably raw they are, but they claim that none of their foods are heated or roasted or cooked or anything, and that all their spices are cool-dried not heat-dried.

Not that I would advocate this as being healthy in any way, even though it is raw, this is just for a treat, without having to buy the artificial, pasteurized, cooked versions with their added preservatives and refined sugars and who knows what else.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/SrIacIovv/Food/0704011825b.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/SrIacIovv/Food/0704011825a.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/SrIacIovv/Food/0704011825.jpg
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

CitrusHigh

Re: Chocolate Syrup
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 11:33:25 am »
Very cool wolf~~! is your honey liquid because it's very fresh or because it's warm? Looks positively enticing!

Offline blimpie

• Egg Thief
  • Watch out! It's the evil military!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:47:20 am »
I used to dabble in chocolate pudding fruit. Then one day I ate a not so ripe raw plantain and vomited like crazy, nauseous for hours first, followed by diarrhea next day. I haven't touched chocolate pudding fruit since. And to this day, the thought of it makes me want to  -v

I'm off chocolate for life, thank you raw vegans with that "plantains can be eaten raw nonsense," ugghh.
Some people would say I'm full of hot air.

"I find cooking wastes so much of my time, though." Geoff Purcell

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 11:50:37 am »
You go, girl!!! and  love your disclaimer

Not that I would advocate this as being healthy in any way, even though it is raw, this is just for a treat, without having to buy the artificial, pasteurized, cooked versions with their added preservatives and refined sugars and who knows what else.

I make raw ice cream and sorbet in a Vitamix... easy and yummy.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 12:46:30 pm »
Optionally, you can add a dash of himalayan pink salt to enhance the flavour, and/or a dash of cinnamon to spice it up.

I think I will save some of it for when I make ice cream, and if it is good, let my dad try some raw ice cream with raw chocolate syrup on top!
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 01:01:05 pm »
Very cool wolf~~! is your honey liquid because it's very fresh or because it's warm? Looks positively enticing!

I got it from arizona, and it wasn't refrigerated or anything, so I'm pretty sure it got warm, since it was like 90 degrees out when I bought it and the store wasn't really air conditioned much either.  It says on the label that it is raw, unfiltered, no water added, and handpacked by so&so though, but it's clear and liquidy so it's probably strained or something.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 01:13:28 pm »
I used to dabble in chocolate pudding fruit. Then one day I ate a not so ripe raw plantain and vomited like crazy, nauseous for hours first, followed by diarrhea next day. I haven't touched chocolate pudding fruit since. And to this day, the thought of it makes me want to  -v

I'm off chocolate for life, thank you raw vegans with that "plantains can be eaten raw nonsense," ugghh.

That sucks.. how did you make the chocolate pudding though?

Offline blimpie

• Egg Thief
  • Watch out! It's the evil military!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 01:41:14 am »
That sucks.. how did you make the chocolate pudding though?

It hurts to think about it.  -\

that fruit, honey, cream, some butter, optional egg  -v

The only recipe I'm really comfortable discussing is the raw bubble gum recipe since that one isn't associated with the act of vomiting.  :)
Some people would say I'm full of hot air.

"I find cooking wastes so much of my time, though." Geoff Purcell

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 02:37:22 am »
You go, girl!!! and  love your disclaimer

I make raw ice cream and sorbet in a Vitamix... easy and yummy.

Rofl, thanks.. I know some people have actually had problems with raw cacao, plus I added milk which still others have problems with raw dairy.. and I'm also pretty sure vanilla extract isn't all that paleo.
But I love the idea of making raw chocolates and sweets with raw milk/cream, raw dairy, raw eggs, and the like.. I really wish I could make a raw chocolate chip cookie dough that is really raw, but wheat-free and sugar-free cookie dough isn't going to be easy to make.. I already tried making a cookie dough with stone-ground whole wheat, organic brown sugar, raw egg, raw sugar, and honey, but it didnt turn out good at all.
But all the raw snacks and desserts and things I see in the health food stores are all completely vegan and such, which frustrates me.. I don't want raw vegan cheesecake, I want cheesecake made with raw milk! I don't want raw vegan cashew ice cream, I want ice cream made with raw cream!
I know all these things are bad for me though, but at least in raw form it would be a million times better for me than if I buy the commercial cooked forms.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 02:38:56 am »
It hurts to think about it.  -\

that fruit, honey, cream, some butter, optional egg  -v

The only recipe I'm really comfortable discussing is the raw bubble gum recipe since that one isn't associated with the act of vomiting.  :)

Well if I switched out the fruit for some chocolate, then I could make chocolate pudding?  Or what about if I wanted to make vanilla pudding?
I've never even heard of that fruit before so I probably wouldn't even be able to find it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk