Author Topic: Clay  (Read 31249 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Clay
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2011, 12:23:19 am »
Well uh, I ground up my clay into a powder, then mixed it with water (I only ever drink fiji water, if what the labels on fiji water say is true, then it is the purest most natural water that I can possibly get in my opinion.  It is far too smoggy and polluted here, in SoCal, for me to consider using rainwater, and I have never nor will I ever trust tap water, even filtered.)  just enough for it to become the texture of like regular clay that you use for molding and firing.  I mixed it with my fingers, I don't trust metal utensils anyways but the instructions with the clay say not to use metal anyways because it reacts with the clay.  I ground it in a marble mortar and pestle, and mixed it in an either glass bowl, or a plastic so hard that it feels like glass.. I can't tell if these bowls I bought are glass or plastic, and the box didn't say (which makes me suspect they might be plastic) but then one of them broke, it broke just like glass, so.. I don't know. 

Anyways, I ate about a spoonful or so of this stuff, right after mixing it, I didn't really let it sit or anything.  I ate it first thing in the morning, when my stomach was completely empty, since the night before the only thing i consumed was some water mixed with raw apple cider vinegar.  I ate it slowly, first licking the stuff off my fingers since I mixed it with them and it was all over my fingers, then I took out a lump of it and popped it in my mouth, slowly sucking and chewing on it like I would a piece of hard candy or taffy, and making sure to eat it slowly so it wouldn't all be one big lump.  Soon afterwards, I got a really bad stomach ache, that eventually got to the point that I felt like puking.  I even went to the toilet and hung my head over it waiting to puke, but it's very difficult for me to puke even if I really feel like it and even if I stick my fingers down my throat.  I never ended up puking, I just lay in bed curled up, half asleep for a while.  The stomach ache didn't go away for a long while, and I was really really hungry since I hadn't eaten for a while either, and finally ended up eating some raw cheese.  A little while after eating the cheese I started to feel better, even though I felt like eating it was going to make me want to puke even more, it didn't.  It also tasted extremely salty to me, though it is salted cheese, it had never tasted so salty to me before.  Though that might be because on the first batch of clay that I made I added a bunch of my himilayan pink salt, but it ended up tasting way too salty for me, so I didnt eat much of it and made a new batch with just pure clay and water. 

But it made me feel so sick tht I'm scared to eat it again, I don't know why it made me so nauseated though..
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2011, 10:30:25 am »
Thanks for the detail. Do tell us what happened in the next 24 hours or so.
Cheers
Al

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2011, 03:12:28 am »
Well I didn't really notice much during the next 24 hours or so, and anything I had felt could have been caused by other factors than the clay, but as far as detox symptoms, I really didn't have any as far as I know, I felt normal enough after the sick feeling went away.  I do know that a day or two later, I had some extreme difficulty, uh.. going to the bathroom, much more difficulty than I've had since starting to try and eat raw about a year ago or so, as far as I can remember.  But that could have been caused by any number of factors, since I'm not exactly eating an ideal diet at the moment, even though I'm eating mostly raw at least, but still.. too much dairy and I've been experimenting a lot with raw caco powder trying to make homemade raw chocolates and stuff.. but yeah, I don't know if that was caused by the clay itself, or perhaps clay mixed with other factors, or just other factors that had nothing to do with the clay I ate.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2011, 12:02:28 pm »
Well I didn't really notice much during the next 24 hours or so, and anything I had felt could have been caused by other factors than the clay, but as far as detox symptoms, I really didn't have any as far as I know, I felt normal enough after the sick feeling went away.  I do know that a day or two later, I had some extreme difficulty, uh.. going to the bathroom, much more difficulty than I've had since starting to try and eat raw about a year ago or so, as far as I can remember.  But that could have been caused by any number of factors, since I'm not exactly eating an ideal diet at the moment, even though I'm eating mostly raw at least, but still.. too much dairy and I've been experimenting a lot with raw caco powder trying to make homemade raw chocolates and stuff.. but yeah, I don't know if that was caused by the clay itself, or perhaps clay mixed with other factors, or just other factors that had nothing to do with the clay I ate.

If it's a sodium bentonite clay, then yes, the clay caused the constipation, probably.  You really have to be careful with taking sodium bentonite clays internally, you should drink LOTS of water with them.  Calcium bentonites are much better for daily eating.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2011, 07:10:57 pm »
sodium bentonite clay, then yes, the clay caused the constipation, ...  Calcium bentonites are much better for daily eating.

My experience too, severe constipation from a little sodium in a cup of water, no constipation nor any problem from regular calcium in less water.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2011, 09:09:28 pm »
Well uh, I ground up my clay into a powder, then mixed it with water (I only ever drink fiji water, if what the labels on fiji water say is true, then it is the purest most natural water that I can possibly get in my opinion.  It is far too smoggy and polluted here, in SoCal, for me to consider using rainwater, and I have never nor will I ever trust tap water, even filtered.)  just enough for it to become the texture of like regular clay that you use for molding and firing.  I mixed it with my fingers, I don't trust metal utensils anyways but the instructions with the clay say not to use metal anyways because it reacts with the clay.  I ground it in a marble mortar and pestle, and mixed it in an either glass bowl, or a plastic so hard that it feels like glass.. I can't tell if these bowls I bought are glass or plastic, and the box didn't say (which makes me suspect they might be plastic) but then one of them broke, it broke just like glass, so.. I don't know. 

Anyways, I ate about a spoonful or so of this stuff, right after mixing it, I didn't really let it sit or anything.  I ate it first thing in the morning, when my stomach was completely empty, since the night before the only thing i consumed was some water mixed with raw apple cider vinegar.  I ate it slowly, first licking the stuff off my fingers since I mixed it with them and it was all over my fingers, then I took out a lump of it and popped it in my mouth, slowly sucking and chewing on it like I would a piece of hard candy or taffy, and making sure to eat it slowly so it wouldn't all be one big lump.  Soon afterwards, I got a really bad stomach ache, that eventually got to the point that I felt like puking.  I even went to the toilet and hung my head over it waiting to puke, but it's very difficult for me to puke even if I really feel like it and even if I stick my fingers down my throat.  I never ended up puking, I just lay in bed curled up, half asleep for a while.  The stomach ache didn't go away for a long while, and I was really really hungry since I hadn't eaten for a while either, and finally ended up eating some raw cheese.  A little while after eating the cheese I started to feel better, even though I felt like eating it was going to make me want to puke even more, it didn't.  It also tasted extremely salty to me, though it is salted cheese, it had never tasted so salty to me before.  Though that might be because on the first batch of clay that I made I added a bunch of my himilayan pink salt, but it ended up tasting way too salty for me, so I didnt eat much of it and made a new batch with just pure clay and water. 

But it made me feel so sick tht I'm scared to eat it again, I don't know why it made me so nauseated though..

Yeah was that the French Clay you consumed? If so/if not wondering like everyone said if it's a sodium clay.

For some reason cause of its name(like sodium bicarbonate) i'm comparing it to and the effects of baking soda in my mind. Baking soda(sodium) would make me feel that way.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2011, 03:28:56 pm »
well I did add salt to the first mixture I made, perhaps that's why I got constipated.. it hasn't been very easy going since then though, even without having eaten anymore clay, so I think other factors might be involved.

Offline afroza

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2011, 08:08:06 pm »
Does anyone know of a good distributor of clay in Europe, either on line or otherwise. Seams stupid (and expensive) to order French clay from the U.S. if you live in Europe, as I do.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2011, 08:16:45 pm »
Does anyone know of a good distributor of clay in Europe, either on line or otherwise. Seams stupid (and expensive) to order French clay from the U.S. if you live in Europe, as I do.
Seriously afroza, why not find a spot outside the city and gather some, thereby eliminating all the middlemen. Clay is just dried mud. All the rest is salesmanship. That's all the guy that sells the stuff is doing.
Cheers
Al

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2011, 10:18:16 pm »
well I did add salt to the first mixture I made, perhaps that's why I got constipated.. it hasn't been very easy going since then though, even without having eaten anymore clay, so I think other factors might be involved.

Yeah never add salt or anything clay is very sensitive. You never know what'll happen.

What type of clay did you consume?

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2011, 01:21:17 am »
Yeah never add salt or anything clay is very sensitive. You never know what'll happen.

What type of clay did you consume?

I got this kind, of the granulated one. since I have a marble mortar and pestle and can grind things to powder myself. http://www.frenchclayforall.com/index.html

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2011, 02:50:33 am »
I got this kind, of the granulated one. since I have a marble mortar and pestle and can grind things to powder myself. http://www.frenchclayforall.com/index.html

Oh hmm I wonder if that French clay is a sodium clay. Tyler, how do we know if a clay is like a sodium clay or bad for you?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2011, 04:26:45 am »
Oh hmm I wonder if that French clay is a sodium clay. Tyler, how do we know if a clay is like a sodium clay or bad for you?
No idea, I just know that that French clay worked for me once re a detox, that's all.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2011, 05:39:52 am »
I couldn't help myself and I ate a lava cake at work (I work at domino's pizza) yesterday, then they made me take a lunch break and stay longer than I was scheduled for so I asked if I could make a salad.  I usually don't eat vegetables, so this was the first time I ate any vegetables in a while.. I put only a little bit of lettuce, some shredded carrots, then from the pizza toppings I added cheddar, provolone, feta, olives, spinach, parmesan, green peppers, a tiny bit of onion, and uh.. I think that's it.  Extra cheddar, because I love cheese.. all of those cheeses were pasteurized, though, first time I ate pasteurized dairy in a while too.  Because of eating all this, when I got home I ate a small ball of dried clay, just a little bigger than the size of a marble.. it didn't give me a stomach ache, and I did get a stuffy nose afterwards, which is supposed to be a sign of detox isn't it?  otherwise I haven't seen any differences.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2011, 10:46:40 pm »
Ah must've been the salt or detox then. How did it go after another clay supplement?

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2011, 01:25:23 am »
The marble sized clay did not have any salt added, it was just pure clay that had been mixed with fiji water, rolled into a ball, and then let dry.  Other than those two times, I have not eaten the clay.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2011, 02:41:05 am »
Oh okay was wondering if you had any more horrible reactions.

Offline PrimalLadyRosy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Primal Diet Friends
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2011, 10:01:10 pm »
I'm only quoting AV's stuff vaguely from memory. Maybe the bentonite was fine, I just recall that edible french green clay was always recommended over others.

http://www.generationherbs.com/naturalremedies/product_info.php?products_id=91

There are bottles of bentonite, sodium bentonite, from clay exposed to high heat.  Often green clay has not been heated and is safe to use and helpful.
I am the creator of the primal diet friends social networking site, thanks to Jim and Barbara Ellingson's suggestion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk