Author Topic: Ice Cream  (Read 4621 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Ice Cream
« on: July 18, 2011, 01:42:20 am »

This picture is of some chocolate ice cream covered in chocolate syrup, and a dash of cinnamon powder and cacao powder.  I made both vanilla and chocolate ice cream, but I ate up all the vanilla ice cream before I could get any pictures of it!

To make the chocolate and vanilla ice cream, I bought a pint of raw cream and a quart of raw milk, and used two of my old 2lb jars of honey that I washed out after finishing all the honey.  I poured half the cream and half the milk in each jar, then mixed in about 3 - 4 ounces of raw honey mixed with either vanilla extract or cacao powder.  I wanted extra-vanilla and extra-chocolate tasting ice cream, so I added a lot of vanilla extract and cacao powder, but if you don't want such intense flavour or so much sweetness, you can add in less honey and flavour.  I mixed the ice cream really well, but I am inpatient so I didn't mix it for long.  It probably would have came out creamier if I had churned it for much longer, or used less milk, and if you have the time, you should churn it for as long as you can.  I kept most of the stuff chilled while I did this, because I live in southern california so it's always pretty hot here, so I kept the jars in ice while I was mixing.  Then I put them in the freezer and left them overnight!  Ta da, vanilla and chocolate ice cream. 

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/SrIacIovv/Food/0717010944a.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/SrIacIovv/Food/0717010943b.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/SrIacIovv/Food/0717010943a.jpg
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 11:27:12 am »
great recipe. My son never seen or tasted ice cream in his life. probably i will make this for myself only.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 01:35:29 pm »
Wolf, so there are no raw egg yolks?
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 04:08:01 pm »
To make the chocolate and vanilla ice cream, I bought a pint of raw cream and a quart of raw milk, and used two of my old 2lb jars of honey that I washed out after finishing all the honey.  I poured half the cream and half the milk in each jar, then mixed in about 3 - 4 ounces of raw honey mixed with either vanilla extract or cacao powder.  I wanted extra-vanilla and extra-chocolate tasting ice cream, so I added a lot of vanilla extract and cacao powder, but if you don't want such intense flavour or so much sweetness, you can add in less honey and flavour.[/font]

It looks beautiful.  I should try to make some tomorrow.  I'll see if I have some decent cream.  I wonder why the local Christian grassfed farms and why the Amish farms only use maple syrup instead of honey in their raw ice creams.  I thought it was the texture, but your texture looks perfect!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 06:11:15 am »
I didn't know you could use raw egg yolks in ice cream, none of the recipes I looked at called for egg yolks.. maybe I will try adding them next time I make ice cream.

the texture of my raw chocolate ice cream was a bit crunchy actually, but i think it is because if the milk.. the milk was a lot more watery than the cream, and so the water in the milk froze into crunchy flakes in the ice cream.  When I made ice cream with only cream and no milk, I didn't have that problem.  It still tasted good even with the crunchy ice texture, though.. just seemed slightly more like a popsicle than creamy ice cream, which is why I mentioned to churn it more.. so that it could come closer to the texture of butter before freezing it, that would make a very creamy ice cream I think.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk