Author Topic: Barefoot walking technique  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Isthmus

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Barefoot walking technique
« on: July 19, 2011, 04:14:50 pm »
I have recently begun to get interested in and experiment with the barefoot running technique, i.e. landing on the forefoot.

I had a question for barefoot walking, do you walk in a different way too? Do you barefooters here walk in a similar manner to the running technique?

Thanks for your help,
Isthmus

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Barefoot walking technique
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 04:25:38 pm »
I had a question for barefoot walking, do you walk in a different way too? Do you barefooters here walk in a similar manner

Walk carefully at first.  My one problem is eating raw animal I get only a 1mm thinflat 1/4" across callous callous.  I think maybe my body responds different than many.  Stepped on glass the other day accidentally.  Luckily I clot well when raw, and all the glass came out right away.  I don't even see (nor feel) anything wrong in the area now.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 05:24:07 pm »
Walk slowly, provides more balance. Shoes are evil, horrible invention, never adapted to feet I hate them  :(

I am with my feet always er as much as possible :P

Offline p0wer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 06:36:53 pm »
Do you barefooters here walk in a similar manner to the running technique?

You'd need to make half steps in order to walk like when you're running, i.e. keep the foot forward only to the point below your center of gravity. I guess you could try stepping on your forefoot even if you make full steps but it would be very unnatural and weird.
When running, especially if it's more like sprint, due to the momentum this happens naturally.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 08:03:15 pm »
Only problem I have walking/running barefoot is if my big toe-nails get too short, on tarmac I have twice in ~3 years scraped off the skin on the front of my big toe, because the nail was behind where the soft and hard skin join under the nail and I scraped it.

I don't know why but my big toe-nails are brittle in comparison to all my other nails. My other toe and finger nails are very strong in the first place, but they give and bend if there is too much force, and when they break they always break cleanly across the white part, but this doesn't happen with my big toe-nails - if there's a crack it will go through the clear as well.

I just walk, differently depending on the circumstances. I sometimes walk heel first and sometimes walk forefoot first, both are fine. I don't think much about it. I usually run down hills though, just feels natural.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk