Author Topic: Indoor Grow  (Read 12545 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Indoor Grow
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 06:34:43 am »
Wow, what in inspiration!!!

Thanks!  ;D
Cheers
Al

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 09:50:52 am »
Less than 2 grand into it all told. It's amazing how much you save when you're willing, and able, to do the work yourself. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 10:14:28 am »
Simply Wonderful. Thank you.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 07:37:20 pm »
I was looking at your pictures again and pondering if I had the ganas to create anything similar.
Are those actually roses GROWING IN them water???  :o

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2011, 08:11:35 pm »
Dorothy,
What is a ganas?
Cheers
Al

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2011, 11:16:56 pm »
I was looking at your pictures again and pondering if I had the ganas to create anything similar.

It's really not that hard. It takes a little planning and a lot of back-breaking work. I only began reading up on building ponds during the winter of 09/10 and built the first section that May.

Are those actually roses GROWING IN them water???  :o

Nope, none of the roses are growing in water. As far as I'm aware all roses like well drained soil. We do have roses growing right at the edge of water and this has seemed to encourage better growth (I think they like the moisture and positive ions in the air around moving water). The only flowers growing in the water are water lilys, Iris, and some wild forget-me-nots.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2011, 11:55:07 pm »
oops - sorry raw-al and all.  Ganas means Desire. I've lived in the states with strong Hispanic populations and it's one of the words from Spanish that has made it into American slang in those states. Being not only a forum with members from all the states but also from around the world I should be more careful with my words.

It would take a real desire to build up the energy and focus for such a project as Dan has undertaken. It is impressive and admirable. Each project like that takes research and time and the word ganas is actually more of an appropriate expression than desire because it incorporates more of the sense of a strong will to overcome obstacles. My chickens and gardening were like that. The paleo diet is like that for me now as I'm sure aquaponics will be in the future. I'm thinking that I will start with a very small aquaponics system in order to learn the basics first hand so it is not too overwhelming - just like starting off with 3 chickens and a tiny coop. We are now expanding as it was a success. Oh - and I just have to gloat - I took 3 of my 3 hens' eggs to the Austin Bluebonnet Egg Show yesterday and won SECOND PRIZE in the white egg category. Is that a hoot or what? All these kinds of projects can be so rewarding. I have a nice little list of them at this point and together they combine to create a good deal of happiness.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk