Author Topic: Tried Paleo for one month...  (Read 9994 times)

Offline laece

• Forager
  • No matter the consequences, do what is right.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art- My art!
Tried Paleo for one month...
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:19:07 am »
...and I loved it.

I've become focused and alert.
I've gained confidence and a positive self image.
I feel energized and whole.
I've lost 12 pounds and gained a flatter stomach.
I feel absolutely amazing.

I'm 24 and wish I would have started this sooner. I'm working back into running (recently ran a half marathon). I'd love to try yoga.

I had been chained to emotional eating and grew up in an obese family. These past 30 days has absolutely transformed the way I think and feel about food. I'm no longer reach out to food for support or understanding. Isn't it amazing how much positive can come from simply changing what you consume?!

I look forward to browsing the forums and reading about everyone's experiences, recipes, and tips. The goal was to only do this for 30 days to see the benefits. Now that I'm done with my 30 days, I have no choice but to continue. I love it!

Never pass up an opportunity to do good.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Tried Paleo for one month...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:46:18 am »
Err, you are aware that this is a RAW, palaeo diet forum right?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 11:46:56 am »
I had been chained to emotional eating and grew up in an obese family. These past 30 days has absolutely transformed the way I think and feel about food. I'm no longer reach out to food for support or understanding. Isn't it amazing how much positive can come from simply changing what you consume?!

Same with me, only I had 45 years of eating disorder vanish the first day I ate a raw paleo diet. I made a 2 week commitment in April, then another 30 days, now I'm not even counting. I've learned so much from this forum, broken so many fear-of-raw barriers.

Welcome!
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

CitrusHigh

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 12:08:33 pm »
Ty, always with the warm fuzzy comments.. welcome Laece, how did you hear about eating raw paleo?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 12:16:44 pm »
Ty, always with the warm fuzzy comments.. welcome Laece, how did you hear about eating raw paleo?
  It's just that some people have come here, thinking this is a cooked-palaeodiet forum. That's all.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laece

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art- My art!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 12:31:30 pm »
I actually started out raw. Then added eggs and meat once or twice a week after the first week but found I didn't like that addition.

I prefer raw. I know I've got so much to learn...but that's why I'm here--right?! I'm still new to this and excited to learn more.

Offline laece

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art- My art!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 12:33:27 pm »
Same with me, only I had 45 years of eating disorder vanish the first day I ate a raw paleo diet. I made a 2 week commitment in April, then another 30 days, now I'm not even counting. I've learned so much from this forum, broken so many fear-of-raw barriers.

Welcome!

Thank you! I'm excited to learn more and see more benefits--as you have!

Offline laece

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art- My art!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 12:37:29 pm »

I've been interested in the raw-food diet for quite some time and finally just jumped into it. I admit that I'm totally inexperienced and kinda flew solo, but now I'm excited to get other people's points of views and experiences with it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 12:52:54 pm »
I actually started out raw. Then added eggs and meat once or twice a week after the first week but found I didn't like that addition.

I prefer raw. I know I've got so much to learn...but that's why I'm here--right?! I'm still new to this and excited to learn more.

Maybe you ate cooked eggs.
Maybe you ate cooked meat.
and found you did not like that.

Were the eggs fertilized? organic?
What meat did you eat? Was it organic? Wild? Grass Fed?

Raw Paleo Diet is:

- raw animals including raw animal internal organs and raw fat, raw blood, raw meat - including aquatic creatures and others
- raw organic / wild fruit in season
- raw organic vegetables

Welcome and hope you thrive even better with raw animal foods in your diet.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:00:56 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 09:06:48 am »
welcome laece

theres alot of talk that goes around here that might seem strange at first...but I'm sure you will be able to find whatever you can apply to your life..and then ditch the rest...

IMO getting off most industrial foods is a huge step and one that should lead to an increase in health. raw food for me is simply a more sophisticated part of the tool set to getting healthier or finding health that seemed unavailable otherwise.

- raw animals including raw animal internal organs and raw fat, raw blood, raw meat - including aquatic creatures and others
- raw organic / wild fruit in season
- raw organic vegetables

heh heh..might want to leave out the blood for the first timers..no one really is consuming much of that stuff here anyway

---

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 09:57:31 am »
heh heh..might want to leave out the blood for the first timers..no one really is consuming much of that stuff here anyway

Only because I have to go to the damn slaughterhouse myself to get it.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 06:21:13 pm »

---

o rly??

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 12:51:32 pm »

I think that is mostly because blood is so hard to get, and so much more taboo.

btw, welcome laece, and I hope that you are not raw vegan..
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 09:23:43 am »
I think that is mostly because blood is so hard to get, and so much more taboo.

A friend of mine was angry when he found out I drank raw blood. He said it was an easy way to contract whatever diseases the animal had. Of course, the animal looked perfectly healthy to me when it was killed, but I am not a veterinarian. I think fear of communicable diseases from animals is another one of those irrational fears, like bacteria on meat. It just isn't an issue if the animal is eating a proper diet and is raised in an open space with room to roam.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 01:04:06 pm »
Welcome!
I didn't know any paleo forum or raw paleo diet. But out of desperation, and strong believe in rawsome food, I did this experience on my 2 yrs old boy 1st. I see the change within 2/3 days. Then I waited months and I saw how he improved infront of my eyes. My son taught me raw paleo. Then I tried myself and got the result. Now my husband is on raw animal diet for the past 12 months almost. I did not force my husband, but he saw the huge change on me and he decided to eat raw animal food by one night. Now we all eat raw animal at home and we are much more happier.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 07:11:44 pm »
Welcome!
I didn't know any paleo forum or raw paleo diet. But out of desperation, and strong believe in rawsome food, I did this experience on my 2 yrs old boy 1st. I see the change within 2/3 days. Then I waited months and I saw how he improved infront of my eyes. My son taught me raw paleo. Then I tried myself and got the result. Now my husband is on raw animal diet for the past 12 months almost. I did not force my husband, but he saw the huge change on me and he decided to eat raw animal food by one night. Now we all eat raw animal at home and we are much more happier.

You tested out this diet, which is believed by most of the world to be one that would cause sickness unto death, upon your child first?
Why would you not test it out on yourself first to make sure it was safe before feeding something considered so deathly to your child?  I mean, it's a good thing that Raw Paleo is safe, but still, if the world was right that raw meat isn't safe, then you could have killed your child as a test suject..

Other than that, how are you going to deal with your child going to school, if he goes to a public school, and preventing him from eating any of the school food or candy that he will come across?  I know when I was in elementary school, teachers often gave candy as a reward for getting answers correct, and they sold pizza once a week.. once getting into middle and high school, then they sold pizza and soda every single day.  If all your friends and everyone else around you is eating it everyday, you're probably going to eat it too.  Although, I wonder if growing up on a raw diet would cause him to dislike the taste of cooked foods and junk foods and soda and candy?
Or will you not be sending him to public school?
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 07:35:08 pm »
Hi Laece, it is good to have you around. I love your enthusiasm!

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 12:57:48 pm »
You tested out this diet, which is believed by most of the world to be one that would cause sickness unto death, upon your child first?
Why would you not test it out on yourself first to make sure it was safe before feeding something considered so deathly to your child? 

Mother's instinct! I get that feeling by reading an old book that beef juice is very healthy for sick people. My child was ill and had blood deficiency. After hearing that beef juice, I was too much into making raw beef juice and all I was doing from internet searching. Because, my son was raw vegan from his birth and then raw vegetarian. I just don't want him to give any cooked food and cooking meat is the only thing that prevents me to give him meat and make him just raw vegetarian . That means I only used to give him raw eggs, raw vegetables juice and fresh fruit smoothies. In one point I trust raw meat more than anything else and feed my child that. After I introduced him raw meat, he asked for raw meat even more then his favorite orange juice. So even his 1st try, he likes raw meat so much that he asked for it instead of freshly queezed orange juice. After that I get more curious about raw meat and discover this raw paleo forum.

Other than that, how are you going to deal with your child going to school, if he goes to a public school, and preventing him from eating any of the school food or candy that he will come across?  I know when I was in elementary school, teachers often gave candy as a reward for getting answers correct, and they sold pizza once a week.. once getting into middle and high school, then they sold pizza and soda every single day.  If all your friends and everyone else around you is eating it everyday, you're probably going to eat it too.  Although, I wonder if growing up on a raw diet would cause him to dislike the taste of cooked foods and junk foods and soda and candy?
Or will you not be sending him to public school?

I see my family (uncle, aunt...etc. ) eats fried chicken or pizza or candies in front of him and he just looks at them but never asks. But at the same time if he is hungry and one of them eating a fresh fruit, he asks for that fresh fruit, not any cooked things. So, I guess he must be developing a sense. I never have any plans to put him those poisonous public schools. Probably Montesories or other type of schooling is good for him. He's now four. But planning to put him in school after five.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 01:57:08 pm »
I see my family (uncle, aunt...etc. ) eats fried chicken or pizza or candies in front of him and he just looks at them but never asks. But at the same time if he is hungry and one of them eating a fresh fruit, he asks for that fresh fruit, not any cooked things. So, I guess he must be developing a sense. I never have any plans to put him those poisonous public schools. Probably Montesories or other type of schooling is good for him. He's now four. But planning to put him in school after five.

Even so, younger children are going to be much more obedient, especially with their parents around.  But once they get older, they start to question why, and when you're not around, and the only other authorative figures around all say it's okay, and all of his friends are doing it, and pressuring him to eat it too, he might cave in.  Although most likely he will find it nasty tasting and hate it, but cooked foods and especially junk foods and candies can be very addictive.

Offline dmoffett

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Dan's Low Carb Journey
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 05:34:00 am »
24, your just a babe. A smart babe. It took me 56 years to get smart.
I've lost 142 pounds  in the past 19 months on the Paleo/Low Carb life style.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk