Author Topic: List of A1 and A2 Milk  (Read 18480 times)

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
List of A1 and A2 Milk
« on: August 14, 2011, 04:18:39 pm »
Hi Guys,

Can anyone give me a definitive list of A1 and A2 milk from cows.  I have found a local source of Organic Raw Milk but half their cows are Holstein (which I know is definitely A1 and bad shit) but the other half is Semmintal (?). After some sweet talk they're actually gonna milk a Semmintal first when ever I require it but I am wondering if it is just as bad?
Is it just Jersey and Guernsey that are A1 or are there more? Semmintal?

Thanks

Conor
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:04:18 pm by TylerDurden »
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: List of A1 and A2 Milk
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 07:42:49 pm »
I don't think there's anyway to know for sure unless the cows are tested.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:51:35 pm by TylerDurden »

CitrusHigh

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 09:08:27 pm »
There are different rates of A2 for different breeds, but to the best of my knowledge there is no breed that is 100% A2, guernsey I believe is the closest with a current rate of about 90% A2. I have raw milk customers who can digest our guernsey milk but no other raw milk that they've found.

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:58:11 pm »
There are different rates of A2 for different breeds, but to the best of my knowledge there is no breed that is 100% A2, guernsey I believe is the closest with a current rate of about 90% A2. I have raw milk customers who can digest our guernsey milk but no other raw milk that they've found.

Thanks mate, not sure if anyone near me has Guernsey Cows I'll have to look in to it.
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 08:58:48 am »
I'm no expert, but I wouldn't call A1 milk bad shit. Definitely not as good though. I would be more worried about it if I was really really fucked up.

Is it really such a big deal?

Funny I am not sure why but I think some bulls are advertised as A1 as a good thing, perhaps cause they make more milk?

I bet though am not sure that simmentals are mostly A2.

I feel like there is probably more things to worry about than A1 A2.

I wonder if the A1 A2 thing is more relevant with pasteurized milk than it is with raw milk?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:14:41 am »
    I think if you want to get A1-free in cow milk, Devon would fit that bill. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 02:59:56 pm »
The A2 milk protein issue is a fraud, masterminded by a particular company from New Zealand.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 04:39:06 pm »
The A2 milk protein issue is a fraud, masterminded by a particular company from New Zealand.

Actually I was going to venture the possibility of this, but decided not to. Perhaps it's to encourage people to breed with A2 bulls?

Do you have a source for that information, I would like to see it!

Make no mistake though, Holsteins being the mostly A1 milk cows, at least most of them do have vastly inferior milk to almost all other breeds.

Also Dexter and Brown Swiss and perhaps a few other breeds are known for having smaller fat globules in their milk, thus it takes longer for the cream to rise and their milk is easier to digest.

People who want to drink cow milk but have been having trouble with digestion might want to seek out Brown Swiss or Dexter.

There is a whole grass fed company in PA called Swiss Villa Dairy that offers raw milk that is sold in health food stores. Pretty drastically good stuff.

Offline Waldpfad

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 04:06:29 am »
Someone asked if A1 was really THAT bad...and after watching this video I'd say YES, it is.
Would you want a mutated toxic protein float around in your blood stream and taxing your pancreas over time causing diabetes Type II even though you've been on a primal/paleo, extremely healthy diet your entire life? NO.

A1 is BAD, and this video from Underground Wellness explains it why.
Here is the link   http://undergroundwellness.com/devil-in-the-milk-part-1/

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 04:38:40 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A2_milk

http://www.consumer.org.nz/news/view/a1-milk-gets-the-all-clear

The fact that one  company, the A2 corporation is  behind all  this nonsense makes it clear it's all a profit-making scam.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 07:13:38 am »
Excellent Tyler. Thanks for putting that in proper perspective!
Follow the money - find the truth.

Offline Bakequery

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 08:37:07 am »
I am in the midst of reading "Devil in the Milk."  This is a book that is all about the A1 and A2 milk debate.

From what I have read, the study that you are referring to was flawed.  Some of the rodents were fed a diet that contained BCM7, the molecule that is formed in A1 milk.  The peptide that forms when A1 Beta-casein is digested is an opioid.   The data in the study showed that the rodents that did not receive the BCM7 tainted food did indeed have a higher % of diabetes (19% vs. 47% - and please realize that the rodents they used were bred to have a higher probability to get diabetes when fed cereal grains). 

"Diabetologia", the journal that published the study, was informed, BY ONE OF THE AUTHORS OF THE STUDY, Bob Elliott, that the study was flawed.  The journal said that it was not their responsibility to disprove the study and that it would cost too much money in any case.

There is plenty of proof, without that flawed study, of not only other studies of rodents AND humans, but also just by showing the increase in incidence of those diseases in countries with A1 cows.  It looks to me that A1 milk does indeed increase the likelihood of heart disease, Type 1 Diabetes, autism, and other mental disorders, as well as a number of auto-immune diseases.  I could name you study after study quoted in this book but it would be best if you read the book yourself.

The author of the book, Keith Woodford, is not affiliated with the A2 corporation.  He is a professor of Farm Management and Agribusiness at Lincoln University.  He was formerly 20 years at the University of Queensland in Australia.  He is a founding member of the Weston A. Price Foundation.  Although he admits that prior to writing his book  there were people in his family who owned A2 stock, he himself did not personally own any.  Because the ownership of that stock could possibly lead to the belief that he was writing articles for his own gain all the members in his family sold their shares.  You can't keep everyone happy because I am sure some people would now say he won't put his money where his mouth is.  However, to avoid a conflict of interest that is the path he took.   
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 05:15:04 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline tera

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 04:38:23 pm »
Pure bred African Cattle produce only A2/A2 milk. Sciences' best guess: The mutation producing A1 milk occurred 2,000 - 10,000 years ago in Europe.

Your question suggests that A1/A1, A1/A2, and A2/A2 milk is a matter of breed, which it is not. (Some Holstein produce A2/A2 and some Guernsey produce A1/A1.) Statistically however, breeds such as Kerry Jersey, & Guernsey are more likely to produce A2 milk and Holstein are more likely to produce A1.

DNA testing is the only way to determine which whether a cow will produce A1/A1, A1/A2, or A2/A2 milk.

Offline Snamisolnsew

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 06:57:48 pm »
This posts is very informative. Thank you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk