Author Topic: Drugs and alcohol  (Read 3600 times)

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Drugs and alcohol
« on: August 20, 2011, 12:56:01 pm »
I don't like them. i don't enjoy drinking or smoking marijuana. I can't understand why people think it's cool and fun. when people ask me if i drink or smoke i scoff and say "no why would i"

Marijuana doesn't seem to have any positive health effects when smoked and it just makes a person too relaxed and carefree. i don't want to be relaxed. i want to be on the top of my game at all times, especially at work-always pushing the limit. also when i want to be relaxed, i do just that. Lay down on my bed and relax. I don't need to pay $5 each time to do it and cause lung damage.

And drinking alcohol may be healthfully okay when done in small amounts, but i really don't think it is good for a person. Getting drunk is so gross. Throwing up and being all promiscuous, yuck. I don't care to be ininhibited. I love being inhibited. I like being uptight. It's fun, having a good time with my wits fully intact. And sometimes people ask me "so are you just the designated driver or something?" I just laugh "heck no, I may not be a real social butterfly, but i've got better things to do than drive a bunch of drunk people around all night. i'd rather stay home and watch a 3 hour golden girls marathon than do that"

I like to be at the top of my game at all time. I want to be in my best wits at all times. Relaxing is nice after work, but i want to be able to snap out of in in an instant if i need to. 

Well, I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way as me. It seems like everyone at my work does not agree with me, bunch of hippies:)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:29:12 pm by TylerDurden »
Give it to us raw, and wriggling. You keep nasty chips.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: Drugs and alcohol
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 01:08:53 pm »
I learn this hard way why people drink and use drugs. When we go through any deficiency in our bodies, alchohol helps temporarily. But if we give our bodies right nutritions, we can't be alchoholic or drug abusers.
bugs or country chickens

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 07:19:56 pm »
I feel the same way - I want to be in control of myself, able to switch on at any time and respond to crisis or whatever.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 07:33:00 pm »
I feel the same way as you.  I do not want to lose my wits at any time for any reason, let alone a voluntary reason.  I have tried sips of alcohol only because of my parents, but no more than a sip so not enough to affect me, and only a couple times in my life.  Though I don't know how many time I may have taken nyquil which contains alcohol.  Not much though, because I rarely got sick, but I know at least once I drank it.

So I have never so much as felt a "buzz" from alcohol.  The worst I had ever done was smoke shisha/hookah for about 3 months during a.. time in my life when I didn't care much about anything.  But it was not something that causes you to loose your wits, only relaxes you, and is completely legal since it is just flavoured tobacco and I was over 18.  But I quit after a little while and never been back.  And I never smoked a cigarette, not that hookah is any better or worse, but I know that hookah is not addictive like cigarettes are.

I've seen many people who were drunk and/or high, and everytime I do it makes me glad that I don't do those things.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 05:14:05 am »
I feel the same; no mind-altering substances for me either.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 09:57:04 am »
I went through the alcohol, cigarettes and drugs phase for about a year or two in my late teens. I realized that it was a dead end street, so I feel no need to alter my state. I do not like hangovers.

Ayurveda considers alcohol to be a super sweet flavour, a substitution for love which is the non-material expression of sweet. It is also a carrier of nutrition to the nervous system. In this case the alcohol is prepared in a special way, typically with the herbs intended as a medicinal being the base. It is also consumed in very small quantities and should be less than a year old.

Modern alcohol is pretty damaging to the system even in small quantities.
Cheers
Al

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 06:28:51 pm »
Marijuana doesn't seem to have any positive health effects when smoked and it just makes a person too relaxed and carefree. i don't want to be relaxed. i want to be on the top of my game at all times, especially at work-always pushing the limit. also when i want to be relaxed, i do just that. Lay down on my bed and relax. I don't need to pay $5 each time to do it and cause lung damage.

And drinking alcohol may be healthfully okay when done in small amounts, but i really don't think it is good for a person. Getting drunk is so gross. Throwing up and being all promiscuous, yuck. I don't care to be ininhibited. I love being inhibited. I like being uptight. It's fun, having a good time with my wits fully intact. And sometimes people ask me "so are you just the designated driver or something?" I just laugh "heck no, I may not be a real social butterfly, but i've got better things to do than drive a bunch of drunk people around all night. i'd rather stay home and watch a 3 hour golden girls marathon than do that"

Marijuana is a useful medicine that is abused, in the sense that it is taken when medicine is not needed. Those who take it are usually "self-medicating." They are dulling the pain of life. What they need is true healing, such as adopting a raw paleo diet regimen. But they know no other way or will not listen so they smoke pot.

I see things now as you see them, though it was not always that way. I have come to appreciate awareness. People who drink often and in excess have little appreciation for their own awareness.

There are comparisons between meditation and shamanic practices and drug-induced states, things like sweat lodges and trance-like states brought about by dancing and chanting. These things interest me and I think they are a way to expand awareness without the harm of drugs or alcohol.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 07:58:36 pm »
I don't like them. i don't enjoy drinking or smoking marijuana. I can't understand why people think it's cool and fun. when people ask me if i drink or smoke i scoff and say "no why would i"

I like to be at the top of my game at all time. I want to be in my best wits at all times. Relaxing is nice after work, but i want to be able to snap out of in in an instant if i need to. 

Well, I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way as me. It seems like everyone at my work does not agree with me, bunch of hippies:)

Same here with me.

The only time I take a shot or 2 of whiskey is when I attend a board meeting where I'm heavily invested in a company.  It's a bonding culture that they have.   Plus they serve some great sashimi at the same time.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk