Author Topic: raw paleo for facial eczema  (Read 5071 times)

Offline zetsyuk

• Forager
    • View Profile
raw paleo for facial eczema
« on: August 30, 2011, 01:46:09 pm »
hello, all. my name is andrew. i am 26 y/o and from the bay area of northern california, usa.

i am beginning raw paleo by just consuming raw beef and water to eliminate facial eczema that i got 6 months ago out of nowhere with no family history of it or anything.  for a while i have been consuming raw supermarket grain-fed beef and it helps to a certain extent.  i suspect i may not be getting enough fats because there is still lingering eczema although not quite as bad.  i want to completely eliminate it. it could also be because it's grain-fed but am skeptical of how much of a difference it really makes.  i did recently order meat from U.S. Wellness (some grass-fed 75% lean ground beef and tallow for extra fat i may need) and will see if this does the trick. other symptoms include acne, dandruff, post-acne scarring, and eczema-like symptoms around the ears.

i have read about edwin, the global moderator here, eliminating his eczema and am curious if there are any other people here who have "cured" their eczema with raw paleo.  any help you guys can offer is much appreciated.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: raw paleo for facial eczema
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 05:39:37 pm »
Mine is cured.

I believe there was a pschological component to mine as well as sunlight. You could tell your eczema to go away and totally ignore it.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 09:54:13 pm »
Eczema is generally related to immune system problems.  I have found that vitamin D-3 supplements (I use Now brand softgels) and sunbathing definitely helped my eczema.   Do you use any creams or ointments?  I also use over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream, which works well.  Hydrocortisone and vitamin D are chemically very similar, they are both secosteroids.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 02:05:12 am »
hello, all. my name is andrew. i am 26 y/o and from the bay area of northern california, usa.
i have read about edwin, the global moderator here, eliminating his eczema and am curious if there are any other people here who have "cured" their eczema with raw paleo.  any help you guys can offer is much appreciated.

I never had eczemas, but other skin problems. From my experience I can tell you that beef fat is not very effective regarding skin issues. It works, but only very very slowly.

Lamb fat is better. And wild boar fat and fats from wild birds are excellent for skin healing. Try different fats from all kinds of wild animals. There are big differences.

Never eat grass fed meat! It CAN cause food poisoning, even if 99 meals were ok...

Löwenherz

Online goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 07:18:45 am »
Never eat grass fed meat! It CAN cause food poisoning, even if 99 meals were ok...

???
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 08:34:50 am »
???

I think it was a typo for grain-fed meat.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:58:27 am »
Good sources for grass-fed beef in the SF Bay area are Humboldt Grassfed Beef, available at these locations: http://www.humboldtgrassfedbeef.com/retail-outlets (I shop at Lunardi's) and Marin Sun Farms http://www.marinsunfarms.com/, with both retail outlets and a CSA with many drop-off points.

I feel at my best with a good balance of muscle meat, organ meat, and fat. All raw.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 03:33:55 am »
I think it was a typo for grain-fed meat.

Uh, sorry, a typo of course.

Never eat GRAIN FED meat!  ;-)

Löwenherz

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 02:40:38 pm »
I have read that boron deficiency can cause eczema in livestock.

Fruits and seeds are high in boron.

Almond
Apple (red)
Apricots (dried)
Avocado
Banana
Beans (red kidney)
Bran (wheat)
Brazil Nuts
Broccoli
Carrot
Cashew Nuts (raw)
Celery
Chick Peas
Dates
Grapes (red)   Boron (mg/100g)

0.50   FOOD

Hazel Nuts
Honey
Lentils
Olive
Onion
Orange
Peach
Peanut Butter
Pear
Potato
Prunes
Raisins
Walnut
Wine (Shiraz Cabernet)   Boron (mg/100g)

Sorry that it didn't copy well, but the numbers are in the correct order of the foods that are shown. Here is the website I found this list on.

http://www.algaecal.com/boron/boron-sources.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk