Author Topic: Goal setting and achievement  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Goal setting and achievement
« on: September 07, 2011, 04:05:27 am »
Feel free to post some goals that you want to share that you have either set for yourself or already achieved.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Goal setting and achievement
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 04:08:50 am »
I will start by saying my main goal right now is to end the chronic pain in my upper back/neck/shoulder.

To do this I will

1.  Eat raw ZC

2.  Do postural and structural exercises.

3.  Seek alternative therapies such as massage and acupuncture.

Let's hear some other goals!
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 06:23:47 am »
I have a dream that one day I can start a raw paleo non profit sanctuary

Think about the possibilities

A healing center for the sick to get the paleo cure.

A dude s ranch where patrons can learn hands on about raising pasture animals, as well as hunting fishing and trapping.(Plus daily feast of the best Raw Paleo Foods available.)

Donations could be exchanged for food and vacation packages.

All I need is a wealthy benefactor to invest in the venture, I could get started with enough money to buy a pasture and small flock. Kentucky is a good place with plenty of good pasture land . It would be a good investment for people who are in the paleo community who want to take part in establishing a reliable source of quality meats.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 01:51:40 pm »
I have a dream that one day I can start a raw paleo non profit sanctuary

Think about the possibilities

A healing center for the sick to get the paleo cure.

A dude s ranch where patrons can learn hands on about raising pasture animals, as well as hunting fishing and trapping.(Plus daily feast of the best Raw Paleo Foods available.)

Donations could be exchanged for food and vacation packages.

All I need is a wealthy benefactor to invest in the venture, I could get started with enough money to buy a pasture and small flock. Kentucky is a good place with plenty of good pasture land . It would be a good investment for people who are in the paleo community who want to take part in establishing a reliable source of quality meats.

Kentucky is too far north.  You can raise cattle on fresh grass pretty much the whole year if you go far south enough.  Bottom land would be ideal, the soil is richer and the groundwater is near the surface, so drought is less of a problem.

Pangaia already has something like this going, but

1. They are not very far along with the animal husbandry, and are only raising goats, not cattle

2. Hawaii is a long way, and the shipping is expensive.  It would be very difficult to transport fresh unfrozen meat from there.

I've thought about starting a grass-fed beef or buffalo farm somewhere in the far South, maybe south Alabama or Georgia, Mississippi or even Louisiana.  There are some good places with excellent soil farther west, but drought is a fairly regular issue.  It's possible to use seawater precipitate, calcium, and worm castings to rebuild poor soil, but getting enough water is the crucial part.

Dr. Price mentioned the excellent soil quality in Deaf Smith county, Texas, and also right across the state line in Curry, New Mexico.  That might be a good area as well, you just need to find enough water, or a good piece of bottom land.

I'm behind this idea. If any of you guys wants to pool our money together, I'm up for it. We'll need a lot of people involved, though, minimum 10-14.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 02:44:05 pm »
Oh yeah! Such a farm / healing center have to be a success!!! What a great idea Sabertooth! Boah, I would join immideately if I lived in Amerika! Now, I live in Finland.. eh. I dunno about Amerika after reading what strange rules you have there. Hm. You cannot even go to a laboratorium and let some bloodwork be done of your choise, you need a doctors rescription..? Here you can make every bloodwork you want! Just have to pay for it if not ordered by your doc. Not too expencive eather. And ordinar healthcare is free for everyone! You just need to live here. No insurance. Great freedom. I like it!
But my goal is to buy some land here with hubby and grow my own cattle, thinking about lambs and goats and chicken, they are easy to hold. Enough to support my family. This is my dream. Might come true, cause hubbys business is going crazy good right now (he is a jew so his businesses have to go great as long as he stays away from alcohol ;))! Maybe next year we will have the possibility to buy some land here. I cannot wait. :)

Inger

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 09:04:16 pm »
Kentucky is too far north. 

I'm in KY - I think it's do-able here.

That said, if I can get some land south of Atlanta sectioned off (my family owns a small plot), I've always thought of simply fencing in 5 acres as a "wild living" experiment.

Anyway....goals? I posted them on my blog (plus up-dates). Most of the comments are either on FB or emailed to me, though a small few post public comments on the blog itself. These are my creative & business goals, but there are a few personal goals as well.

2011 goals (plus 3 month up-date in "comments"):
http://skinnydevilmusic.blogspot.com/2011/02/sdml-creative-biz-goals-for-2011.html

6 month up-date
http://skinnydevilmusic.blogspot.com/2011/06/6-month-goal-up-date.html

9 month up-date:
http://skinnydevilmusic.blogspot.com/2011/09/2011-goals-9-month-up-date.html

Feel free to add comments to the blog...or come along for the ride!
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk